Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

Default IT number

Having some issues trying to find the IT xxxxx for items.
Most I can search for on magelo but a few , I cant find any info on.
By using a Icon viewer I can come up with the icon number but I have yet to find a way to find correct IT numbers.

Still having issues with certain items not showing up when equipped but when summoned they have the correct icon and will go in inventory.

One final problem,
Items that can be summoned (not weapons) show up correctly when summoned but if I use the same info and try to object place the item through "add object" in the DB, I either get a bag on the ground or nothing shows up at all.
And yes I have tried restarting the server after making changes.
I think this is all related to the ITxxxx number, but that's a guess.

I have seen on magelo that some items have a field "placeable2"
my DB does not have this field but I don't think it should be needed since all the items are custom.

any thoughts?

aardil
Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default IT numbers definitely key

I am experiencing the same issue. Instead of a summoned pet wielding a sword and shield, he has a, well, office desk in each hand. And again, if summoned empty-handed, then summon the objects and give to pet, looks and works just fine.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

I have no clue what you're saying but EOC has a weapon viewer
Old 01-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Uleat
Developer

Icons do not 'directly' correspond to an IT number.

What client are you using?

Assuming the IT numbers are correct, your client could be older than the model numbers that you're trying to use.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-10-2018, 12:34 AM
Monza
Fire Beetle

I understand. Icon numbers are different than IT numbers. I used the viewer in the beginning to verify both the icon being used and the ID/IT number were bound for that object.
Using EoC to view things. Client is RoF2. Recent server/MySQL/HeidiSQL install from scratch.
Having said all that, perhaps you are on to something Uleat. RoF2 may be outdated or for lack of better word, "overdated".

Tried the same with a UF client. Same. <*pouts*>
Old 01-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

I use UF client.
I have played on a couple of different EQemus (all UF client)
I have seen items that appear correct in their games but I cant get them to work on my private server.

Either way, If I create an custom item, assign it a standard .jpg as per the icon viewer, dig around everywhere I can think of to come up with an IT number.
Summon item and it summons to my cursor and looks correct.
Try to equip the weapon and I get no graohic at all, like its not equipped but it is in a weapon slot in my inventory.

My other big issue is placing the items via object plce in the server interface.
Best I have been able to do is get a bag where the item should be. again I can summon the item and it looks correct.

This is why I think the issue is with the IT number.

I have the .dds files loaded on my client up through 217
Even made .tga files for them and loaded them on my client also.
When I did that the items summon correctly but still wont appear if equipped or placeable via "place object".

I am at a loss

Since I am not a graphic artist, all my custom items are based on icons that should be available.

Aardil
Old 01-13-2018, 04:11 AM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default Got it!

In order to have a summoned pet spawn with, say, sword and shield in hand. Here is what to modify. As I said earlier, I use EoC to edit the DB. Guess what? When it comes to summoning pets with items already in-hand, those placeholders you see with EoC and GeorgeS' tools for "Melee1:", "Melee2:" and "Melee1 type:", "Melee2 type:" don't have anything...or anything substantial that I've found, to do with a summoned pet. Skills like Kick and Bash are a given by the very class and level of the pet. The place for NPC/MOBs/Boss' are most certainly in a different area since the only place I've found what I/we were seeking as far as spawned/summoned pets with items in-hand is this....

Using HeidiSQL, in whatever you have named the 'peq' part of the DB, go to 'PETS'
Note the -1 at the end of every one...except a few..or many, depending. The positive numbers are important. That is the number that it uses from the "pets_equiptmentset" to determine what that particular pet spawn with by default.

But! There's MORE! Behind door #3 is this!!!

"Pets_equiptmentset_entries", that's your real target.

SetID = what you use for the "pets_equiptmentset" value. Slot number is WHERE the mob/npc wears/holds/brandishes the item.

Good grief! Where is a full-screen editor when you need one

>----LINK---->

Anyhow...That's how mine looks. You just assign whatever item ID to a "slot" on the pet (Hint: 13 and 14 are right and left hands respectively) and then make sure you go back and assign that specific pet an equiptmentset of whatever set you created.
I'll try to make a better guide or how-to later.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

Interesting but does not solve my issues.
My issues have nothing to do with pets.
Looted or summoned weapons when equipped do not show.
Items placed in game either dont show after restart or show as a bag on the ground (not the item as it should look).
If I #summonitem xxxxxx, then the item appears correct on my cursor and can be placed in inventory, but I cant make it "Place_Object" via the Db. I either get a bag on the ground or nothing at all.

Aardil