Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 09-08-2019, 10:12 AM
shadeknight
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
Default

You exaggerated the class stuff. If that was true, then Shodai wouldn't be working to fix issues with the healers. Or mitigation issues that cropped up with warriors.

You exaggerated / lied about how there's arbitrary timers on respawns. Xalgoz, for example, is on a 10 minute (give or take) respawn with it changing between ph and xalgoz. Someone mentioned the sword drop rate was absurd, and Shodai upped the drop rate. However, the respawn timers beyond that are hardly arbitrary when an hour flies by pretty quickly. Megalodon? That's needed and Shodai explained he can't do much about it.

Your exaggeration about the drop rates was laughable - considering in MY experience, I had more leather and chain repeats than I did plate. This was in PoFear. That's not a server problem - that's just shit RNG for you.

The kurn issue is known, but that was for -mass- pulling the zone and so far? It seems to be warrior based. There's nothing reported (which, y'know, is half the issue if people don't speak up) about other classes having issues.

So far, I've scrolled up - no one mentioned the necro line of spells. The only thing necro-related mentioned was god-tier necro spells doing a wee bit too much damage. The mage mod rod has recently been fixed.

No one has any reason to take you seriously if you're Dread1313 - a guy who had his head so far up his ass as to believe that his suggestions were going to save the server - no questions asked. If that's not you, then I apologize - but your issues are either personal or a load of crocodile shit.

For example, the ranger nerf? Needed. There was some serious overtuning, and Shodai agreed. Paladins? They can snooze through god content more or less. Tweaks were needed. SKs? SKs have mana cost issues, low damage in some areas, and weren't as OP as you made it out to be. Trust me, I actually played one in God content.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Huppy
Dragon
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movement View Post
Few things...

Lots of the spells are bugged.
I don't see any bug reports on their forums

http://ultimateeq.com/phpbb3/index.p...06b31bf37d922f
__________________
Don't hate the dev...hate the game ....
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 37
Default

I want everyone to have fun and enjoy the server, after all that's why I created it. I'm truly sorry your experience wasn't. It's not a good feeling to wake up and read this kinda thing I can tell you that.

FWIW, I do my best to tweak and fix things and always keep a running list. Sometimes I can squash things super fast, sometimes it takes a bit longer given my RL obligations, and sometimes I just don't gel with feedback and need to stay within the bounds I've created for myself.

Also FYI, anything and everything that gets reported and/or updated almost always originates in the suggestions/feedback channel on discord.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Huppy
Dragon
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodai82 View Post
I do my best to tweak and fix things and always keep a running list.
Ya, I wouldn't let "one" negative post get to you. Your server already has an abundance of respect for the work you put in, as well as positive feedback. I threw in my little sarcasm to his post, because people seem to come here and post about bugs (or complain), but I've always been an advocate of "don't do dirty laundry in public", and get it worked out with server devs. Some players get disgruntled and impatient, but think you're able to sleep and work at the same time.
__________________
Don't hate the dev...hate the game ....
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Movement
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Thumbs down Namecalling and personal attacks are so "early 2000's".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
You exaggerated the class stuff. If that was true, then Shodai wouldn't be working to fix issues with the healers. Or mitigation issues that cropped up with warriors.
Where did I exaggerate about class stuff? I noted that pallies are getting nerfed, thats factual. I noted that rangers are getting nerfed, also factual. I made comments about how broken some spells are - also factual. I mean I can provide screenshots if you really need me to, but at this point - is that really necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
You exaggerated / lied about how there's arbitrary timers on respawns. Xalgoz, for example, is on a 10 minute (give or take) respawn with it changing between ph and xalgoz. Someone mentioned the sword drop rate was absurd, and Shodai upped the drop rate. However, the respawn timers beyond that are hardly arbitrary when an hour flies by pretty quickly.
I was explaining that the spawn timers cannot be circumvented by the use of the boss spawner. The boss spawner is basically useless because it cant be used in the old world and anywhere past Velketors (demigod version). So have it? Just to spawn OOT bosses? Sorry but that doesn't warrant grinding 17 and a half million plat imho, and EVERYONE i talked to complained about the same thing and they told me they wish they had known about these things and the fact that its a 30 min timer. This is a factual statement. Not exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
Megalodon? That's needed and Shodai explained he can't do much about it.
What exactly is needed about locking out megalodon for 1 hour? When you can instance Veeshan and farm till your eyes bleed but megalodon is not instanced? Lower the timer or make it an instance. Ive also talked to other people about this and they agree that 1 hour lockout after a mob is killed 5 mins after entering is silly and un-needed. I mean I understand giving undergeared or unbuffed people enough time to kill him in case it fails, but ive literally never seen anyone complain or mention (except the one guy on the forums a while back) about killing megalodon. The "waiting in line" issue is what needs to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
Your exaggeration about the drop rates was laughable - considering in MY experience, I had more leather and chain repeats than I did plate. This was in PoFear. That's not a server problem - that's just shit RNG for you.
I wasnt talking about fear. I was talking about GOD TIER drops. Pretty sure I outlined that in my previous post. Since you only can resort to insults, I will respond by pointing out your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
The kurn issue is known, but that was for -mass- pulling the zone and so far? It seems to be warrior based. There's nothing reported (which, y'know, is half the issue if people don't speak up) about other classes having issues.
The zone crashing isnt just in Kurn's its pretty widely known that this also happens in OOT and Fear, but it seems to be based around mass pulling. Which is somewhat understandable. This hasnt happened in Velks and other zones like Unrest as well as others. Also a factual statement, not exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
So far, I've scrolled up - no one mentioned the necro line of spells..
I just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
No one has any reason to take you seriously if you're Dread1313 - a guy who had his head so far up his ass as to believe that his suggestions were going to save the server - no questions asked. If that's not you, then I apologize - but your issues are either personal or a load of crocodile shit.
I dont know who this "Dread1313" is who has chapped your ass or offended you like this, but its no reason for you to take it out on me. My first post didnt even attack you, or anyone. I was just leaving negative feedback. I dont know who the hell you are, or think you are - that gives you the right to attack me like this, but it sounds like its not Dread1313 who has his head shoved up his ass, whoever he is. Are you trying to out him so he will get banned or something? Does he even still play? Maybe he just was ticked off like me (like several others I know) and left with parting thoughts and you couldnt handle the negative feedback or criticism, you know - kinda like how you are showing on here? If you (not you specifically) are going to host a private server for people to play - you need to be able to handle negative feedback or criticism every once in a while because you aren't gonna please everyone. Everyone is going to have a different view of whats acceptable or not. 95% of the people will just quietly log off and never log back on again without saying a word, but those 5% vocal minority feel like they have something to say. Thats just a fact of life, and if you can't accept that - well you're gonna have it rough. Resorting to personal insults, namecalling, and personal attacks just shows that I am right and maybe Dread1313 was as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
For example, the ranger nerf? Needed. There was some serious overtuning, and Shodai agreed. Paladins? They can snooze through god content more or less. Tweaks were needed. SKs? SKs have mana cost issues, low damage in some areas, and weren't as OP as you made it out to be. Trust me, I actually played one in God content.
Regarding SK's, I had someone else tell me different. That person is also in God content and he said he watched a SK do exactly what you said pallys do. So... /shrug?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:01 PM
shadeknight
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
Default

I'll concede on the namecalling being too far. I apologize.

My question now is: Why wasn't any of this raised on the Discord? Or the forums? I scrolled up pretty far myself, and don't see anyone having this much of a fuss over everything you said.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 37
Default

Movement who are you in-game and discord please? I will reach out to you but if you are not the indicated user I have no way to know who you are.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Splose
Hill Giant
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 168
Default

hey guys.. remember the time you didn't pay anything to play on this server?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Movement
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Angry Except I HAVE donated...

I have donated.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Huppy
Dragon
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movement View Post
I have donated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodai82 View Post
Movement who are you in-game and discord please? I will reach out to you but if you are not the indicated user I have no way to know who you are.
Movement - Your constructive/negative feedback is not the real issue here. It's more about you being so anonymously reluctant to connect with Shodai about your concerns, which is why anyone would interpret your feedback as a simple troll, rather than a legitimate concern about a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movement View Post
not only I have complained about the things above, other people have too.
I poked around on the server discord channel and nobody seems to know anything about your concerns, or who you are. Your issues have been isolated to these (eqemu) forums only.
Since you claim to have donated, then it would be easy for you to private message Shodai and let him know who you are, and get things hashed out with you. Consider yourself lucky to run into a server dev that is willing to do that with their players.
Every server out there has bugs. Even after being active for a few years, it's ongoing work, but can't be done over night. (donations do not expedite your needs) The simplest way to help ? - Communication !!
__________________
Don't hate the dev...hate the game ....
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Splose
Hill Giant
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movement View Post
I have donated.
You didn't have to.. Servers free.

He said he'd talk to you but you don't want that just more attention it seems. People like you make server ops burn out.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,104
Default

Ermagerd 1 thing didn't work.

I didn't submit a bug report, or tell anyone it didn't work, or even give feedback on how it could be improved.

Muh time and dollhairs been affected, server op bad.

Back when I was playing, Shodai would fix any issue that arose in less than an hour in most cases as life allowed.

To say everything is broken is a huge statement.

Learn to provide feedback, Shodai is a baller for doing all of this in his free time.

If you are unhappy, I'm sure he'll refund your donation, and you can move onto building your own vision, with no bugs and perfect content.

<3
__________________
"No, thanks, man. I don't want you fucking up my life, too."

Skype:
Comerian1
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 PM
atrayas
Hill Giant
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 101
Default

I have known Shodai for some time. He was one of my main guys back when I ran Imperium for bug testing and the sort. Fast forward to him opening his own server and he is as stand up as they come. Fixes reported bugs quickly and spends a considerable amount of his free time working on a project for all to enjoy.

I think most players fail to understand that most server operators do this as a hobby or just have a passion for the game itself, but also maintain real life obligations like work, family, time for themselves, etc etc...Like splose said above, it is people like you that burn server operators out due to the fact that we can never please everyone, and when we fail to give everyone what they want all we get is negativity which impacts the morale of the server operator to the point that we just throw in the towel and move on with our lives.

My advice, enjoy what is offered, give good constructive feedback and just be happy that there are people out there keeping a 20 year old game alive for you guys to enjoy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-19-2019, 07:05 AM
Movement
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Ermagerd 1 thing didn't work.

I didn't submit a bug report, or tell anyone it didn't work, or even give feedback on how it could be improved.

Muh time and dollhairs been affected, server op bad.

Back when I was playing, Shodai would fix any issue that arose in less than an hour in most cases as life allowed.

To say everything is broken is a huge statement.

Learn to provide feedback, Shodai is a baller for doing all of this in his free time.

If you are unhappy, I'm sure he'll refund your donation, and you can move onto building your own vision, with no bugs and perfect content.

<3
You know what maze? You are a fucking asshole. You come into my post and flame me and talk shit to me while you are talking shit to Kinglycrab over here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Need to:


A. Fix your damn code.
B. Fix your damn host.

Server unplayable due to 20kms ping.
And here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=41696&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
I feel this is going to be a Kimura.

Up, raving about content.

Down a week later.
To which he responded that you were caughton his server AFK MACROING. Look bro, I know you are salty cause you got caught doing something you werent supposed to be doing and breaking the rules, and trying to cop out by saying "well everyone else in T10 was doing it..", and then giving him shit about HIS server and then coming here giving me shit because I am giving negative feedback to Shodai and trying to tell him what he needs to do to save his server. Yeah, that just shows me what kind of individual you are. Before you flame me or someone else again, why not taking a hard look in the mirror. Dont attack me again. Welcome to ignore asshole.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-19-2019, 07:14 AM
Movement
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
I have known Shodai for some time. He was one of my main guys back when I ran Imperium for bug testing and the sort. Fast forward to him opening his own server and he is as stand up as they come. Fixes reported bugs quickly and spends a considerable amount of his free time working on a project for all to enjoy.

I think most players fail to understand that most server operators do this as a hobby or just have a passion for the game itself, but also maintain real life obligations like work, family, time for themselves, etc etc...Like splose said above, it is people like you that burn server operators out due to the fact that we can never please everyone, and when we fail to give everyone what they want all we get is negativity which impacts the morale of the server operator to the point that we just throw in the towel and move on with our lives.

My advice, enjoy what is offered, give good constructive feedback and just be happy that there are people out there keeping a 20 year old game alive for you guys to enjoy.
I never said Shodai was a bad guy. I know people do this shit on their own time and as a hobby. I made my own server and had to learn everything with some hand helping from the community a few years ago and when I realized how much of a HUGE time sink it was, i gave up. So dont pretend I dont know what it takes to run a successful server, it takes time, dedication and mountains of patience. You dont even know me. Your assumption that I dont know what kind of efforts Shodai has put into his server are totally false.

The reason I donated was because I saw how largely successful Shodai's efforts were and how much work he and his team had put into it.

The reason I was so passionate in the concerns I raised is because I fell in love with the server and wanted it to continue being successful.

People here attack me like I am making baseless accusations or making shit up when in fact ive talked to people multiple times and raised concerns multiple times and not a single thing I asked for has been fixed, at least as far as I know.

Necromancers still kill themselves for 1 million damage in one tick from lich form.

My clients still lock up and go LD from time to time, as with almost everyone ive played with (in and out of group).

Kurns still crashes when wizards are present.

Im not making shit up and I dont appreciate people flaming me for raising valid concerns on here. I am not attacking anyone personally but I am getting attacked. Yeah, thats gonna make people want to play on this server.

I feel like I am being ganged up on. What would you do if you felt the same way?

Like I said, I never said Shodai was an asshole or a bad person - I DID say that I feel like he listens to other people specifically instead of everyone without bias.

And there is no point in Shodai and me talking because I already tried that route and it failed.

I love how people just assume that I am a piece of shit who just wants attention on here and I havent went through the proper channels or anything first..

Thanks guys for attacking me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
My advice, enjoy what is offered, give good constructive feedback and just be happy that there are people out there keeping a 20 year old game alive for you guys to enjoy.
So giving negative feedback is not welcome or wanted. Got it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
custom content, progression

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.


 

Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
EQEmulator is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Except where otherwise noted, this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
       
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template by Bluepearl Design and vBulletin Templates - Ver3.3