Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Default Bristlebane [SoF] Upgrade

I apologize if these are too many pictures, it is only a few to show what I have been messing around with on SoF. I also have found out Sullon Zek and Ayonae Ro don't seem to be any #race, if anyone finds this please let me know..
74000 item database, we have equip files on our forums. The pictures below are of Crystallos. We are releasing more but since this seemed to be the most interesting zone (practically a second sleepers tomb) we decided to spawn this..

Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
trevius
Developer

Just a heads up, but distributing files like that is illegal and gives SoE grounds to shut your server down. Enabling SoF so that players with that client can play on your server is ok, but distributing files so Titanium users can see SoF content is illegal. I am leaving this post up, but just wanted you to know, in case you are concerned about your server possibly being shut down. Though, SoD distributes a ton if illegal files and has for years and they haven't had any legal troubles from SoE that I know of. I think Winter's Roar was the last server to be shut down by SoE. Either they are just tired of dealing with it, don't have the funds to pay legal and research into it, or they are using emu servers to get ideas for things to implement into EQLive. My guess is a combination of all 3 of those though lol. But, that doesn't mean that you couldn't still be putting your server and yourself at risk by doing so. Honestly, I don't see why SoE doesn't start their own EQEmu that players can run and just charge a small fee for it. They could use EQ1 as a testbed and if it is successful, implement the same thing for their other newer MMOs.

Sorry if this post looks like a negative one. I am just trying to give you a warning ahead of time just in case you weren't already aware of the possible issues with this.

BTW, those new races and icons look really cool
Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Alright, thanks Trevius.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

I have removed the equip files from my forums. So, I guess only players that will be able to see the new items will have to have SoF client. Thanks Trevius for the warning. and thanks about the new races and icons, spent a few hours with striat figuring everything out
Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, it is unfortunate that Titanium users won't be able to see the new equip, but they also won't be able to see new races or zones, so it isn't a huge disadvantage. It is just another reason for most people to try to do the upgrade once SoF work is complete. Though, I do think there are things the devs can work on to help with the differences between SoF and Titanium. I have already set it so that drakkin and any other race over 473 will be seen as a normal human race instead of a frozen human. I am sure we could make other adjustments to help ensure that races, icons and maybe even spells work at least somewhat properly between the 2 client versions.

My idea is to add an extra field or 2 to the items table that are basically copies of the weapon model field and the icon field. Then, in the Titanium.cpp file, we could have items show up using those alternate fields if they are set differently than the normal fields are. Basically, this would allow us to set one item model for SoF and another model for Titanium users for the same item. Icons could be made to work the same way I think.

Spells would be a bit more complex, but I think it would be possible to use one spell table for both expansions and still not have issues between clients.

I know this thread isn't exactly the place to discuss this, but thought you might wanna know of some of the possible solutions for these issues. It will just take time to code them. If someone else doesn't start on it before I am able to get to it, I will probably try to add some of these new features myself. Though, help is always welcomed! With the right solutions, there wouldn't really be any need to distribute extra files.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Well I know SoF is a bit buggy, with my server I just plan on having zones for Titanium users and SoF users, but I know when I get on my SoF account AA's don't show. But I have gotten level80+ Mage pets, Beastlord pets, Necro pets and all to work, I had to put them in the database which wasn't too hard, the races for the new elemental pets are around #race 470 ish.. I had put a single zone with every race, and went thru the race #'s on there. Worked out very well. I have Striat working with me now on the server to help out.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

NewEgg still has Titanium for $6 so it's time for users to man up.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Yep, that is where I ordered mine from. Came in about a week, only cost $6.41. So, I recommend some more people grab it , but be sure to keep a fresh copy of Titanium on your computer, don't erase it - install SoF in a different folder.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Server was completely rebuilt -
Random Loot
Random Stats on all items

New NPC: Title Giver

New events: Kill Boss mobs and receive titles

Max Level: 85

Custom Spells: Just about ALL pet spells for level 80+ are working.
Beastlords were fixed (Note to self: don't set races on beastlord pets.)

Forums: http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index....um=bristlebane
Old 03-04-2009, 07:31 PM
trevius
Developer

BTW, I figured this idea might be worth mentioning; If you wanted your Titanium users to be able to use SoF content while SoF is still being completed, I think you could just setup a batch file to move the files from the SoF install directory to the Titanium directory. That would be a good legal way to allow your users to do it without having to provide files for download illegally.

They would either need to install Titanium and SoF to certain specified directories in the batch file, or the batch file would have to be made a bit more complex to find the location of each directory for the move. Either way, I think that might be something to consider.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Alright, I'll look into it, thanks Trevius
Old 03-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

If anyone is interested what has happened to Bristlebane. Please read the forums.
http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/viewto...um=bristlebane
Explains everything of what is going on now and the big trail I got ahead in doing a complete rebuild of my last server. Hopefully this one will be perfect..