Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:04 AM
spidey1170
Sarnak

Default [SOLVED] openSUSE Linux: shared_memory MySQL errors & server not listed

I couldn't get EQEmu to work on Void Linux, so I installed Windows, tried to compile and didn't work, used Akka's repack, which sort of worked, but came up with the same errors that I am experiencing now with shared_memory, which I was hoping to avoid by going to openSUSE.

I run
Code:
> ./shared_memory
Code:
[MySQL Error] 1146: Table 'eq.logsys_categories' doesn't exist 
 SELECT log_category_id, log_category_description, log_to_console, log_to_file, log_to_gmsay FROM logsys_categories ORDER BY log_category_id
MySQL Error] 1054: Unknown column 'skillmodmax' in 'field list' 
 SELECT source,`itemclass`,`name`,`lore`,`idfile`,`id`,`weight`,`norent`,`nodrop`,`size`,`slots`,`price`,`icon`,`UNK012`,`UNK013`,`benefitflag`,`tradeskills`,`cr`,`dr`,`pr`,`mr`,`fr`,`astr`,`asta`,`aagi`,
`adex`,`acha`,`aint`,`awis`,`hp`,`mana`,`ac`,`deity`,`skillmodvalue`,`UNK033`,`skillmodmax`,`skillmodtype`,`banedmgrace`,`banedmgamt`,`banedmgbody`,`magic`,`casttime_`,`reqlevel`,`bardtype`,
`bardvalue`,`light`,`delay`,`reclevel`,`recskill`,`elemdmgtype`,`elemdmgamt`,`range`,`damage`,`color`,`classes`,`races`,`UNK054`,`maxcharges`,`itemtype`,`material`,`herosforgemodel`,`sellrate`,`UNK059`,`
casttime`,`elitematerial`,`procrate`,`combateffects`,`shielding`,`stunresist`,`strikethrough`,`extradmgskill`,`extradmgamt`,`spellshield`,`avoidance`,`accuracy`,`charmfileid`,`factionmod1`,`factionmod2`,
`factionmod3`,`factionmod4`,`factionamt1`,`factionamt2`,`factionamt3`,`factionamt4`,`charmfile`,`augtype`,`augslot1type`,`augslot1visible`,`augslot2type`,`augslot2visible`,`augslot3type`,`augslot3visible`,
`augslot4type`,`augslot4visible`,`augslot5type`,`augslot5visible`,`augslot6type`,`augslot6visible`,`ldontheme`,`ldonprice`,`ldonsold`,`bagtype`,`bagslots`,`bagsize`,`bagwr`,`book`,`booktype`,`filename`,
`banedmgraceamt`,`augrestrict`,`loregroup`,`pendingloreflag`,`artifactflag`,`summonedflag`,`favor`,`fvnodrop`,`endur`,`dotshielding`,`attack`,`regen`,`manaregen`,`enduranceregen`,`haste`,`damageshield`,`
recastdelay`,`recasttype`,`guildfavor`,`augdistiller`,`UNK123`,`UNK124`,`attuneable`,`nopet`,`UNK127`,`pointtype`,`potionbelt`,`potionbeltslots`,`stacksize`,`notransfer`,`stackable`,`UNK134`,`clickeffect`,
`clicktype`,`clicklevel`,`clicklevel2`,`proceffect`,`proctype`,`proclevel`,`proclevel2`,`worneffect`,`worntype`,`wornlevel`,`wornlevel2`,`focuseffect`,`focustype`,`focuslevel`,`focuslevel2`,`scrolleffect`,`scrolltype`,
`scrolllevel`,`scrolllevel2`,`bardeffect`,`bardeffecttype`,`bardlevel2`,`bardlevel`,`questitemflag`,`svcorruption`,`purity`,`evoitem`,`evoid`,`evolvinglevel`,`evomax`,`backstabdmg`,`dsmitigation`,`heroic_str`,
`heroic_int`,`heroic_wis`,`heroic_agi`,`heroic_dex`,`heroic_sta`,`heroic_cha`,`heroic_mr`,`heroic_fr`,`heroic_cr`,`heroic_dr`,`heroic_pr`,`heroic_svcorrup`,`healamt`,`spelldmg`,`ldonsellbackrate`,`scriptfileid`,
`expendablearrow`,`clairvoyance`,`clickname`,`procname`,`wornname`,`focusname`,`scrollname`,updated FROM items ORDER BY id
Sure enough, I check the MySQL tables, and do not find the 'eq.logsys_categories' table in the eq database.

I've searched the forums and Google and came up with two mentions of the table, one back on January 22, 2015 by Akkadius titled "Logging System Overhaul" and the other, also by Akkadius, called "Tuning Server Performance". Outside of that, I haven't found any other mentions.

I followed a couple different Linux setup guides:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Linux-server-setup

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_on_Fedora_20

I was able to compile everything without any errors. I was excited to get playing, got my EQ SoF installed, and then tried to start the bin files and ran into this right away. Getting beyond frustrated with third OS installed just to play this game... hopefully, somebody has an idea, I'd sure appreciate the help.

Last edited by spidey1170; 04-26-2017 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: SOLVED
Old 04-26-2017, 12:36 AM
spidey1170
Sarnak

Default Server not showing up on client list

Okay, I was able to get the errors fixed by running 'world' and it updated the database files. That was easy, thank goodness.

Now, I have the same problem I had before, the server does not show up on the client list.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 AM
spidey1170
Sarnak

I am getting two errors now, and I believe it's what is keeping me from getting the server listed (maybe?):

[
Code:
Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address 127.0.0.1.
and, it's not an error, per se, but it makes me wonder:

Code:
[World Server] Server Rlyeh(Rlyeh) did not attempt to log in but this server requires a password.
Would either of these have anything to do with the server not showing up in the client?
Old 04-26-2017, 01:15 AM
spidey1170
Sarnak

Default [SOLVED] Login server username & password required

The guides definitely need updated. I found the answer from a post 7 years ago.

In the eqemu_config.xml section, the username and password for the server admin needs to be entered.

<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account>admin_user_name</account>
<password>supersecretpassword</password>
</loginserver>

Now, I have a completely different problem, but as far as the logs are showing, my client logged in, created a character and then the game crashed as it loaded the starting zone.