Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-16-2002, 03:09 AM
kathgar
Discordant

Default Looking for new devs

We are not in desperate for new coders, but we can always use
more. If you are interested reply to this thread with examples of some of your code or links to threads with examples, your list of skills and any ideas you have for the emu.

That is all.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:31 AM
kathgar
Discordant

-Lol, bump =/
Old 11-19-2002, 09:32 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I'd offer, but Im not good enough of a C++ coder these days to do much more than bugfixes...
Old 11-22-2002, 07:12 AM
alkrun
Sarnak

Well, I'd like to get CVS access. The only problem for me currently is that I'm busy at work with a tight release schedule and spending a lot of the afternoons working on that.

I'm a C/C++ developer, almost entirely windows side of things, but I'm somewhat familiar with pthreads, signals and some very basic *nix development. I've got quite a bit of winsock, security, nt services, ODBC, ADO, .NET, and COM experience. Other than those strengths I'm just a typical windows developer, a little of everything, DirectX as a hobby, etc...

sockets multihomed fix - That's something I did a long while back. It just let me run 2 world servers on the same box that was multihomed. One production world server and one development world server.

At any rate, like you're saying, you don't _need_ developers and I don't have much time to dedicate until we're code-complete at work, but figured I'd post here anyway and see.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Omega
Fire Beetle

Default Ready for a shot

Welp Im looking to get involved somehow, been on irc regularly and people know im very helpful, mostly with the stack dump error messages that knowbody seems to know anything about. I know minilogin is not supported but I have that down pretty good too and have helped people set it up. Im not the greatest programmer in the world but I can do it and usually stay up for days trying new things since I dont like to stop untill i accomplish what I set out to do. I love to tweek graphics and sound as a hobby, and I am a Computer tech by trade. I also do web development for www.ednews.com on the side for spanish learning, (Dont speak a word of it so dont ask lol). There is almost no program known to the average man that I havent dealt with at my job and hope that bit of information alone will be of use to you.

I have 3 systems to contribute to public login which will bring at least 20 people that I know from live servers to "the cause". (EverLight) has been up for awhile but I took it down recently to add the other 2 machines to the first. They will be all up and running shortly though I promise, I'm just working out a few bugs at the moment because I have more than 1 machine running the zones. I always keep a level head, always have alot to offer for ideas, and am a firm believer that the word's "impossible" and "cant" do not exist. "Where there is a will, there is a funeral" I always say =).

I have also set up dial up servers for quake, warcraft, diablo and fifty other games with a friend of mine which consisted of 8 phone lines back when 56k modems were a big deal. I have alot of experience helping people, alot of hidden talents, and hope you feel that I have what it takes to be given a shot with eqemu.

Omega
swchamberlain@yahoo.com
Challenge me, beat me, rock my brain....I will come back for more
Old 11-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

We are in desperate need now!!! lol

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 11-26-2002, 07:07 AM
quester
Hill Giant

I'm sorry.. i'd love to help out, but I simply can't commit to any specific amount of time on the emu. If you don't mind sporadic work, then I can help, otherwise..

My company just picked up a big contract, then you got the holidays, and familiy.. oi!

Just not going to have a lot of free time for a while.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:18 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I dont think there's a specific time commitment, just a commitment to helping out when you can. I have alot of time some weeks, very little others, just the nature of life, I think very few people can consider themselves 'fulltimers'...
Old 11-26-2002, 10:22 AM
alkrun
Sarnak

Would it help or hurt my chances of getting CVS access if I pointed out that you have a typo/ grammar error in your previous post?
Old 11-27-2002, 04:52 AM
kathgar
Discordant

Only if it was code grammar
Old 11-27-2002, 08:42 AM
alkrun
Sarnak

Rats!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:29 AM
yenenden
Fire Beetle

Default Sure

Well I've had 2 years in college of C++ and C++ advanced, I used to be CS in eq so I know what to do, I have programmed some spawn tables in the past before I even knew about eqemu. I'd love to help you code because it will keep me fresh and on top of coding. I have programmed many games before working part time at Activision, creating such games as Hexen II, Dark Reign, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Mechwarrior 2. So if you need me to help, hit me an email at Yenen@earthlink.net because I have time since all my finals in college this year are takehome except for my C++ lol.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Pneu
Sarnak

I don't use C/C++ and I would not be interested in working inside the existing kernel and backbone - it just does not appeal and sort of creates a conflict of interest. However I do program and am keen to support the project. I would be most interested in creating a graphical front end for the server software.

My commercial experience of software development and research & development was mostly in front ends, useability and accessability. Although my actual area of expertise is dynamic fractal mapping and artificial inteligence sadly I cannot contribute these to the project without contractual issues :(

I would very much like to redesign the way we use EqEmu, both from a server configuration and databasing point of view. If the community is interested and the devs would support me where necessary then I am willing and able, and likely to have the time in the new year.

Pneu
Old 12-11-2002, 10:25 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Cant create graphical interfaces because EQEMu runs off of Win32 and Linux
Old 12-11-2002, 04:17 PM
just_add_water
Hill Giant

but it dosn't mean u can't create a Win32 addon GUI