Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-19-2002, 08:37 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

Default 3.12 Delta#2

(this is in no way an official delta, but i like the name

Win32 Binaries

i would like some people to download the exes (i cant guarantee they are virus free, i just swear i didnt put any malignant code there intentionally)

only a few changes in it, but they spread through half of the code and so i need someone to test them some more. i did some initial tests and i think it works fine.

now its up to you to prove me wrong.

whats to test:
mobs now will assist each other if the faction is the same, mobs have an aggroradius that can be set in the database for each type of mob (or let the program set it for you, if you're lazy). in addition to that, caster will heal nearby mobs that are hurt, and they will buff nearby mobs. and mobs will go into a frenzy if you are hurt enough (< 20%)

now i need you to run around and see if mobs cast the correct spells, if they assist correctly, and nothing crashes.

esp. i need some multimob, multitank situations, which i cant do on my own. let one tank get down to <20% and see if the mobs frenzy on him, then heal him back to full and see if the mobs return to their former state (i.e. fighting the other guy). mobs that werent engaged in combat before frenzy will stay on the player until one of them is dead.

known issues:
if you dont set the mana regen in the DB, dont expect mobs to cast for all eternity. mobs have as much mana as normal PCs and they WILL run out of mana if you dont give 'em some mana regen.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:55 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

silly me,

you need one more file:

Database update script

add this like all the other .sql files

if you set AILevel to 0 or 1, almost all the new features will be disabled.

and one more: rename the ZoneGF.exe and WorldGF.exe to Zone.exe and World.exe or rewrite your batch files ...
Old 11-19-2002, 08:55 AM
tamarae
Hill Giant

If you'd toss up the source code, I'd compile it for linux and put it up on the Dominare server to play with for a few days.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:06 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

Default sources

Diff Reports to 3.12
Holy Sources, Batman ....

there ya go
Old 11-19-2002, 09:10 AM
tamarae
Hill Giant

I'll see about getting it compiled and up this afternoon before/during/after class and let ya know what I make of it.

Just outta curiosity (without looking at the source) does it have all of the rolled in changes that Trumpcard started with a few days ago?

Also - Anyone know real quick and easy how I can back up my database (I wanna make an exact copy of the one I have working right now, but call it eqbak) I'm not so mysql smart yet.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:30 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Tamarae
FIX: Avatar Proc bug and neutralize magic weapon add
check if your own changes are in the files, if yes then i merged all changes. if no, hm ...
Old 11-19-2002, 09:35 AM
tamarae
Hill Giant

duh me. :P And the answer is no its stock 3.12 code
Old 11-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

http://denial.dyndns.org/eqemu/neotokyo/bodytype_diffs/

The URL to the diffs was wrong.

Alot of changes in there! I was hoping I'd see diffs for 2 or 3 files.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:51 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

i hope you are not too disappointed trump
Old 11-19-2002, 10:06 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

merged trumps changes and uploaded the sources and a new ZoneGF.exe (NOT the diffs !)

the avatar fix, the hand2hand fix and the loot fix should be in ...
Old 11-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Bardboy
Hill Giant

If you need a body to log on and help test, just let me know when and where.

Blackadder
Old 11-19-2002, 10:41 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I was going to do the same thing when I got home neo, thanks for doing it !

Edit: Neo, made one change to your source to get it to compile on linux, added #include <stdlib.h> to NpcAI.cpp
Old 11-19-2002, 11:47 AM
tamarae
Hill Giant

Alrighty, its in on my server and the server is being booted now. Anyone who wants to play and do some testing is welcome.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Works good.. 70 is the default in database.cpp, i'd put that in a variable like you did with AIlevel rather than hardcoding it (just as easy to do 'update npc_types set aggroradious='somenumber' ' , but easier on the sql unaware).

One thing that should be implemented is a max attackers, as it stands now, you'll pull the entire mass of clustered mobs, i know in eq you pull a maximum of what, like 4 or 5 at a time? I didnt look, but is your code taking into account z axis for calculating agro?

We should try and figure out how to get taunt working again, the code is there in client_process but the way hate_list is handled is changed so it will probably have to be modified . Also, anyone have any idea what it will take to get ranged weapons implemented? I was going to look into it, but couldnt find in attack.cpp where range was taken into account.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:13 PM
BootyBill
Fire Beetle

Been testing the new binaries the past hour or so. Some things I've found:

Casting any necro pet crashes zone.exe. Lifetaps and lifetap dots don't do any damage to mob nor do they appear to give any life to PC.

Mob agro radius does not appear to have worked when pulling agroed mobs past other mobs on the same faction.

Disconnection happens after killing an npc with no apparant warning. The packet loss indicator stays even and does not show you going LD.

All commands apear to stop working once in a while when attacking an npc. I thought this might be due to packet latency but I was wrong after testing it across my 100Mbit LAN.

Even though I am fairly adept at Mysql now I still cannot seem to make a certain faction KOS (-1000) to all through database field modification so I thus cannot test other NPC agro radius issues.

Any way I can help with anything? I am adept at programming Pic microcontrollers in ASM, but have not done any C programming in years = ( Sounds like a good time to relearn I guess..... Any other way I can help with database cleanup/modification?

Bill