Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:11 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Not sure if you are (or have been) on the Emu discord, but this zone server issue has been happening to several people, which is frustrating, because I haven't seen anyone post any substantial cause for it, let alone a solution.

Even though I don't have that problem, I would love to see people take a more diligent approach to finding out what's going on, especially when something like that happens randomly to a server without any changes. I have an older code/database project that was untouched and one day, out of the blue, it had a (different) issue pop up, which hasn't been resolved yet, so I know how frustrating it can be.

We're not all brainiacs in this community.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:34 PM
joligario
Developer

If I remember right, the default file was empty and in your server root folder.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:43 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
If I remember right, the default file was empty and in your server root folder.
yeah I tried creating an empty plugin.pl - it does finds the file now but rest of errors remain - server still locked
Old 09-16-2020, 11:58 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Did you try going into the logsys_categories table and enabling a more rigorous logging for zone, etc. ? Not sure if that will enlighten the issue or not.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:19 PM
astuce999
Fire Beetle

Hey all,

I'm a newb myself at this but I wanna help, feel free to laugh if it has nothing to do with it.

Would it be possible that his issue has something to do with some sort of missing:

"legacy" : "1",

in his eqemu_config file? Since there's been migrations of services to more modern version (like perl and php) might it be why it was working and then without him changing anything (but failing to add 'legacy') it now says locked?

cheers,

Astuce
Old 09-17-2020, 05:24 PM
Uleat
Developer

Quote:
"legacy" : "1",
That has to do with using the login server.

Any login server entry that uses the public login server address must use the legacy setting.

Otherwise, it should be set to '0' or removed.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-17-2020, 09:30 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I saw this error about 6-8 months ago but I can not for the life of me remember exactly what I did to fix it. Don't hold me to this but I want to say that your perl installation has gotten screwed up. Check the windows environment variables and make sure that perl is listed in the variable named path.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:16 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Did you try going into the logsys_categories table and enabling a more rigorous logging for zone, etc. ? Not sure if that will enlighten the issue or not.
well Db says that logging for zone set to 1 (log to file)
anything specific to turn on?
Old 09-18-2020, 12:17 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
I saw this error about 6-8 months ago but I can not for the life of me remember exactly what I did to fix it. Don't hold me to this but I want to say that your perl installation has gotten screwed up. Check the windows environment variables and make sure that perl is listed in the variable named path.
trying that out...
Old 09-19-2020, 11:13 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
well added path for Perl to environment variables - no visible changes - my zones still won't boot up =(
Old 09-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Uleat
Developer

I know environmental path length has been an issue for us in the past .. not sure if that's the issue here.

Have you installed other things on this computer that may have caused the path length to be exceeded?

Or, maybe, another program updated something the eqemu server is using? (not likely...)

The only other thing I can think of is a windows update causing havoc - especially if you haven't changed anything server-wise.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-19-2020, 05:40 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I know environmental path length has been an issue for us in the past .. not sure if that's the issue here.

Have you installed other things on this computer that may have caused the path length to be exceeded?

Or, maybe, another program updated something the eqemu server is using? (not likely...)

The only other thing I can think of is a windows update causing havoc - especially if you haven't changed anything server-wise.

Literally nothing installed, unless, ehem, you count battlenet updates for Hearthstone. =)
And yeah - Win10 had a large patch few weeks ago...Maybe that..

This is what my environmental variables say:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps ;C:\Perl64\bin
Old 09-22-2020, 07:07 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

We Solved it!
Thanks to Huppy and Uleat!

In case someone else will run into this issue - The problem is Windows may be blocking your ports!
Changing needed ports from 9000-9001 to 9002-9003 fixed the problem!