Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:51 AM
blackout
Fire Beetle

Default Personal Login server

I was reading the guide and it says that this is the
LoginServer.ini .It'll look like :

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemulator.net <*****
loginserver2=eqlogin2.eqemulator.net <*****
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Name of server here
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=Your IP Address here
Can those two lines be changed or is that another program being run off of the eqemulator site that isnt part of the download package.

What if i just want a personal LAN eq server since I have firewalls that cause a lot of chaos and so forth. What I am trying to do is basically do a EQ server for me and some friends on the weekends with all our Cat6 cards and cables. Now thats fast playing 1000mbit transfers on a smart switch and a duel processor p4 server. Its great... I dont have a fast internet connection upload its just standard dsl and I would have to use wireless to use it. So I just want to create my own little server for friends. I have done Ragnarok Online server, Ultima Online, Now its EQ's turn but Can those two Lines be changed.

Last edited by blackout; 07-21-2005 at 09:56 AM..
Old 07-21-2005, 03:38 AM
Ipkonfig
Fire Beetle

Yes they can be changed to host your own server. You will need to check the current tutorials forum for a tutorial on how to setup your own emu server. As of right now if you have patched past July 14 the emu is broke.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:44 AM
blackout
Fire Beetle

I actually havent patched at all so will it work without patching at all? Or do some patches have to be installed in order for this to all work. I read the newer tutorial a bit ago and it was very helpful.

Any clue why the latest patch breaks EQEMU? Could I just copy the Spells and other files from an updates version and use those?

This project is a bit down the road for the time being I plan to join one of the exsisting servers, but if I patch my system is it going to allow me to play on the EQEMU servers?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

do not patch means what it says, dont patch unless u plan on not playing for a while, or plan to spend days maybe a week, to set up the CVS 6.2 server O.o

Quote:
Any clue why the latest patch breaks EQEMU?
cuase eq doesnt like losing customers to eqemu? so they try to take action to prevent it?