Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
helman
Sarnak

Default Underfoot and UIs

Hi. For the longest time I've been trying to find a ui for my eq. I'm running Underfoot and every ui I try doesn't load. Instead it loads the default. How can i fix this?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Pick a UI that works with Underfoot? I don't use a full UI, but I do use various parts from eqinterface and they work fine with Underfoot.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 PM
helman
Sarnak

hmm ok I'll try that
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 PM
DexxMexx
Fire Beetle

AYA
I use this on UF hope it works for you
Old 10-27-2011, 08:47 AM
solid11
Discordant

AYA is also one I found to work with UF. The only other UI "so far" I have found to install with no errors is Kaneazen.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...fo.php?id=6044

Looks like most custom UI's need to be between the dates of 1 Jan 2011 - 1 Jul 2011 to load correctly. Doing UI piece by piece may give good results too. Searched for quite a bit yesterday and it's tough finding good UI that falls in that time frame.

From my testing yesterday, if you would like to have your default be a bit more organized like live and have a few missing windows fixed copy the " defaults.ini " file from live patch to UF folder. Make a backup of your old defaults file if you feel the need first. No ill effects I have found.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
diriel
Fire Beetle

I have been piecing a UI together and modifying it to fit my needs. The UF stuff out there mostly just works.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Weekapaug
Fire Beetle

Just starting using Underfoot client and having a heck of a time finding compatible UIs. Anyone have any others that they have been using recently?

I've been using the "default_old" ui since that literally was the default ui and im having a hard time switching to anything else, particularly the default ui from underfoot. Downloaded one that said it was for the underfoot release but im getting the red "xml not compatible" message everytime I log in.

Suggestions that people know work for Underfoot and can be found currently would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Scorpius
Fire Beetle

If it loads, then dont worry about the not compatable message
its prob something minor
check uierror.txt in eq folder, if you want to find out what causing it

Nice Necro post BTW )
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Weekapaug
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If it loads, then dont worry about the not compatable message
its prob something minor
check uierror.txt in eq folder, if you want to find out what causing it

Nice Necro post BTW )
Thank you.

Google brought up both threads but aside from that this is it on the internetz about this issue.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Like Scorpius said check UIError.txt or however its spelled inside your eq folder. 9 times out of 10 you can ignore the error message. Only really need to be concerned if you edit one of the .xml files and are a goober like me and forget to close out a declaration statement.. client crashes and tells you how noob you are.

It's also not that time consuming to make your own UI. I play on the test server several months out of the year and I ended up making my own UI pieces.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Weekapaug
Fire Beetle

Thanks, I'll do that.

Got the default_old one set up to my usual layout and I'm a lot happier with it now.

Only thing I ran into was the extended target window toggled off but won't toggle back on. Otherwise looks good.

Not really sure what that window does anyway? I've pretty much just played P99 for the last few years and that runs off of titanium.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Weekapaug
Fire Beetle

"UIErrorLog created at Tue Jul 30 22:26:11 2013"

All it says, so looks like I'm good.

Also, when I logged in just now the extended target window was back. Toggled off but won't toggle back on. Have never run into that before.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
uwill
Sarnak

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...fo.php?id=4612
Old 11-07-2014, 03:57 PM
ward3
Sarnak

I have also had this problem in the past. I have some UI's that I found somewhere that mostly work. I can post them, but not sure what is the best place to put them. Any ideas?