Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Default A quick question from a rather new person...

Everquest was and always will be my first love. Over the last couple years I've been a little into the WoW emu scene, and apparently had no idea at all how far the EQ Emu scene had come.

Recently, someone created a wow server where you could load in as many bots as you wanted, create raids, and solo through content with the help of bots that YOU created on your own accounts that you logged into.

I'm curious, is this possible in the EQ emu scene at the moment?

Basically, I want to be able to raid with a force of, oh I don't know, 24 or so? As far as content, I'd be VERY happy if it was only up to Planes of Power, maybe a bit further. I love Kunark, Velious, Luclin, POP, etc.

I really want to start from scratch, build my own raid group, and start from the EARLIEST content, and eventually get all the way to POP. Seriously looking forward to Akheva key grinding, TOV grinding, etc all alone, if this is possible...

Please, please say it is! LOL
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I've never seen a raid group with bots, however I believe it is possible to allow such an amount of bots and use #bot group attack possibly, I don't know about actually being in a raid with them, I've never had enough bots to test it, however you could easily create a server, make the bot limit 255, bot spawn limit 255, keep it private and do whatever.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
ward3
Sarnak

The default in the database for a new server is 150 bots per account. I am currently working on exactly what you are talking about. It is my own server on my LAN in which me, my family, and friends can play on.

If you don't want to create your own server but want to start out fresh, I would check out the AxClassic server. It is mostly classic EQ with a max number of 65 bots.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward3 View Post
The default in the database for a new server is 150 bots per account. I am currently working on exactly what you are talking about. It is my own server on my LAN in which me, my family, and friends can play on.

If you don't want to create your own server but want to start out fresh, I would check out the AxClassic server. It is mostly classic EQ with a max number of 65 bots.
Thanks for the reply! I actually found AxClassic and currently have a level 2 warrior going with my first bot!

I am worried though... Will I be able to control all the bots inventories once I start raiding? What about gear that cant be traded? How will I give it the bots? How will I control their AA's and purchasing of AA's? How will I tell them to Mass Group Buff and so on?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

#bot giveitem Will allow you to give them items that aren't tradeable, and I don't believe you can control their AA's, as for MGB I've never seen a bot give MGB, it usually buffs each player individually.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
#bot giveitem Will allow you to give them items that aren't tradeable, and I don't believe you can control their AA's, as for MGB I've never seen a bot give MGB, it usually buffs each player individually.
Definitely disappointed in the whole AA thing... kinda makes raid forces not nearly as powerful as they could be... I wish I could log into the bots and do them. :(
Old 07-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Drajor
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustandfall View Post
Definitely disappointed in the whole AA thing... kinda makes raid forces not nearly as powerful as they could be... I wish I could log into the bots and do them. :(
By default, bots get all applicable AAs free and automatically when they reach the required level.