Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:24 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy5706 View Post
just lookin for an eta a guesstimate will do. ;D
Unfortunately, we really have no idea when the co-lo will get to the server. If prior problems are used as a guide, it has taken them anywhere from a day to over a month to respond to a request to deal with the server. However, the majority of instances are dealt with within the first two weeks. So cross your fingers that this time isn't the rare extra long wait.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
iKill
Fire Beetle

How come you have to reply to every other post on this thread? Spamming the forums with random comments isn't making things go any faster...

Thanks devs for all your work, much appreciated.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

UK UofL getting ready to play ^^

Old 09-04-2010, 04:10 PM
below9k
Fire Beetle

how old are you fatboy?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Maladien
Fire Beetle

Can we please stay on topic? Post elsewhere for rants and raves and trivial drivel not related to the status of the PEQ server please.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by below9k View Post
how old are you fatboy?
im old enough to be your great great grand father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladien View Post
Can we please stay on topic? Post elsewhere for rants and raves and trivial drivel not related to the status of the PEQ server please.
thats not on topic either. the only thing that will be on topic is gaeorn's or CD's post... so, should everyone stop posting?

why cant we all just chat here because these are the people who really care about the server? instead of going and making a thread somehwere else that could be intruded on by p99 peeps or other server folk... everyone needs to chillax, the server will be up when the server will be up... in the meantime, sit down, have some coffee and shoot the breeze with your fellow PEQers.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Just got word that PEQ *may* be getting a reboot tomorrow. There goes my weekend if so :P *Fingers crossed*.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Maladien
Fire Beetle

Quote:
thats not on topic either. the only thing that will be on topic is gaeorn's or CD's post...
Correct, it isn't on topic, it was a polite request to stay on topic. This reply is not on topic either and I'd be perfectly fine with it being deleted, right along with every single post that is not related to the server being down atm.

Quote:
so, should everyone stop posting?
If it's not directly related to the server being down, Yes.

Quote:
why cant we all just chat here because these are the people who really care about the server?
Because thats not the "Topic" of this thread.

Quote:
instead of going and making a thread somehwere else that could be intruded on by p99 peeps or other server folk...
The only thing keeping folks from p99 or other servers from posting in here is them not having anything to say about the Topic of this thread. Go make a post titled "Shooting the breeze with my fellow PEQers"

Quote:
everyone needs to chillax, the server will be up when the server will be up...
Agreed.

Quote:
in the meantime, sit down, have some coffee and shoot the breeze with your fellow PEQers.
I am having coffee atm, and if i'm interested in shooting the breeze with my fellow PEQers I'll be sure to hop over into your new thread where the topic is 'Shooting the breeze with my fellow PEQers' or whatever you choose to title it. (while that may sound sarcastic, it's not intended as such, it is to be taken literally)
Old 09-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Maladien
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the update CD.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladien View Post
Correct, it isn't on topic, it was a polite request to stay on topic. This reply is not on topic either and I'd be perfectly fine with it being deleted, right along with every single post that is not related to the server being down atm.

If it's not directly related to the server being down, Yes.

Because thats not the "Topic" of this thread.

The only thing keeping folks from p99 or other servers from posting in here is them not having anything to say about the Topic of this thread. Go make a post titled "Shooting the breeze with my fellow PEQers"

Agreed.

I am having coffee atm, and if i'm interested in shooting the breeze with my fellow PEQers I'll be sure to hop over into your new thread where the topic is 'Shooting the breeze with my fellow PEQers' or whatever you choose to title it. (while that may sound sarcastic, it's not intended as such, it is to be taken literally)
well the topic of the thread is "PEQ is down again ??" so really the only post that would be on topic would be "yes." or any form of the word... that is, if you want to get literal.

status posts should be made in the threat PEQ status!....

and thanks CD for rockin my socks.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 PM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Just got word that PEQ *may* be getting a reboot tomorrow. There goes my weekend if so :P *Fingers crossed*.
I forgot to mention earlier in the thread, a few hours before server went down (then failed to reboot), there were PoP zones crashing multiple times with only 30 people in them that usually hold 90 <free agents> with no problem.

Assuming it's not code/ISP related, box might have collected enough dust in the year it was on to start overheating the hard drives/CPU/Ram or something like that. It's happened to me a few times. Hopefully somebody will turn it off a while before rebooting if that's the case.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by badplayer View Post
I forgot to mention earlier in the thread, a few hours before server went down (then failed to reboot), there were PoP zones crashing multiple times with only 30 people in them that usually hold 90 <free agents> with no problem.

Assuming it's not code/ISP related, box might have collected enough dust in the year it was on to start overheating the hard drives/CPU/Ram or something like that. It's happened to me a few times. Hopefully somebody will turn it off a while before rebooting if that's the case.
FA doesnt raid with 90, l2count

Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 AM
iKill
Fire Beetle

Reason for staying on topic is because anyone just coming into this situation now has to wade thru 16 pages of posts, about 1/3 of which are actually worth reading. I'm reading this thread to check for updates as to the status of the PEQ server, not whatever random crap happens to be running thru someones head at the moment, or about how people "cant wait to play again".

On that note, is there a way to ignore posts from annoying forum members?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKill View Post
Reason for staying on topic is because anyone just coming into this situation now has to wade thru 16 pages of posts, about 1/3 of which are actually worth reading. I'm reading this thread to check for updates as to the status of the PEQ server, not whatever random crap happens to be running thru someones head at the moment, or about how people "cant wait to play again".

So since there are other people on this forums that "annoy you" you are going to try and make an example of me? i think the community is well aware of the situation at hand..... its been down for 2 weeks.... and yes can we get an annoying forum member filter so i can stop quoting this guy and telling him the truth?

and for anyone checking this thread for server status.... im gonna let you in on a little secret.... check the old website and the new website.... when those are up the game server will be up asap. (asap doesnt mean right then and there it means as soon as possible.)

Old 09-05-2010, 02:19 PM
wheeljack
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKill View Post
1) Click on their username in one of their posts
2) Select "View Public Profile"
3) Click "Add <handle> to Your Ignore List" above Contact Info (link is subtle)
4) Click "Save List"