Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Malaiit
Fire Beetle

Default Floating & Glitchy graphic problems with Character

Hey all,

I tried searching for this but did not find anything on it so posting. I just got a new computer at first there was a lot of zones I could not get in because I would freez up right away and computer would lock up...field of bone being one of them. Found out this was because I had dual core so downloaded cpu affinity and that took care of that. Now I am having another problem though. When I log in it will work fine for a while but after a bit my graphics glitch or something and now my character is jerky...seems to move really fast and the graphics don't even show him running. I can still play sort of but I run into or off of stuff because so glitchy. Anyone else had this problem and /or knows how to fix it?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Malaiit
Fire Beetle

Also found out that you can't fix this unless you reboot computer then for a bit maybe 20 min maybe less it will work fine then go glitchy again.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
trevius
Developer

You are still having a dual core issue. Post your OS name, CPU type (AMD I am guessing), and which affinity program you used to set that up.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Malaiit
Fire Beetle

AMD, winxp and GNS_ Affinity_233....Set it up under favorites and checked cpu1 so under affinity it says 1
Old 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Malaiit
Fire Beetle

AMD processor is athlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor is 4200+ and it is win xp profesional service pack 2
Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are running XP service pack 2, you still need to download the windows update that fixes dual core issues. I don't know the number of the update offhand, but if you update your system to current, it should start working properly. You could even download XP SP3 and install that to see if it helps. It will include all updates for SP2.

There are some other ideas I can think of for you to try, but you should do 1 step at a time. I am still working to resolve a certain odd dual core related issue of my own. And I will be writing a good list of possible fixes for dual core problems if/when I get my issue resolved...
Old 05-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Malaiit
Fire Beetle

Well I tried SP3 and it did not fix it :(
Old 05-24-2008, 08:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Try this thread and see if it helps:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25219
Old 05-27-2008, 04:20 AM
cole89103
Banned

(Works in vista and xp) right click on eqgame.exe go to properties-> compatability mode set to windows 98 /me worked great for me even with older versions of the client ( and a lot easier to deal with then setting the affinaty and such)