Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Default Fixing some ranger ivy etched armor quests

I've been running around doing these ranger quests and find many steps broken. Some mobs done exist at all in the database (Tarskuk) while others are in the DB but have no spawns (Brownie outcasts). Some are spawned but don't have the required items. The ivy etched leggings quest requires a combine of the Quiver of Kithicor (open) with 6 named arrows to get the full quiver but the combine teaches a pattern for the full quiver instead.

I've been messing with the DB and adding the required bits but I'm not at all sure I'm doing it in a proper manner. For instance, if I add Tarskuk (named cyclops in Rathemtns) does it matter what NPCID I use? Is there a specific ID from EQ that needs to be used or do we just make them up and add them to the (official) DB?

Adding spawns seems a bit of a guess. For instance I don't see any difinitive answer to what spawn table Tarskuk is in. Do we just wing it and do what seems right or is there a way to find out exactly where he belongs?

I've been searching the wiki but it's not exactly descriptive. I don't even see a description of how the loot tables relate to one another (though I've figured it out more or less).

I'd be glad for any pointers as I'd love to get these quests fixed up in the peq DB.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 AM
trevius
Developer

Since you are using PEQ DB and Quests, I suggest discussing this on their forums. You might find this information helpful:

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1270
Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Cool thanks! I posted some of the stuff I found over there.