Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-12-2004, 05:47 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

If no one has mentioned it yet, OoW replaces all water textures with some kind of DX9 (I assume) water render. Just FYI.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:05 AM
killspree
Dragon

Even in older zones? Should be interesting if so. I saw shots of the water in Oow zones and it actually looked pretty nice.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by killspree
Even in older zones? Should be interesting if so. I saw shots of the water in Oow zones and it actually looked pretty nice.
Yes. I have a shot of Potranquility and Powater with it somewhere.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:57 AM
daeken_bb
Discordant

First things first... http://home.archshadow.com/~daeken/omens.html has links to the OoW patch files (they're _not_ hosted on my box, they're simply links to the SOE patchserver)

Second, GXTi and myself have begun work on getting support for these files in FreakU. We decided that we're going to create our own file format and convert from the s3d/eqg files to the new format.

Also (off-topic) we could really use forums... if we could get them here (news, support, and dev preferably) that'd be great, or we could run them ourselves. If a mod from here is willing to create those forums for us, that'd be fantastic

Happy Hacking,
Lord Daeken M. BlackBlade
(Cody Brocious)

Check out my deviantART page at http://daeken.deviantart.com/
Old 09-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Water Render Images:

(Click to Enlarge)
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:35 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Nice water shots. I need to get better PC =( 32mb vid &amp; 384 mb ram just don't cut it anymore..
Old 09-21-2004, 11:55 PM
jbb
Hill Giant

There are textures containing normals in the data files which implies that there must be light sources to make use of the normals.

Does anyone know how to calculate the position of the light source(s) for the zone?
Old 09-22-2004, 01:35 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

man ... when did they add water like that to EQ?? i have a radeon 9700 and never remember water like that
Old 09-22-2004, 02:00 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

The OOW patch, Sot :P
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:14 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

man thats pretty l33t.

im gonna log on live just to swim in the uber water
Old 09-24-2004, 06:31 AM
jbb
Hill Giant

Anyone got any idea how the ZON files work?

It looks to me like amongst other things they contain details on which objects (from the .MOD) files are placed in the zone. I guess there is a name list at the start and then later on a list of objects included which object, and it's coordinates.

But I've not got it to decode to anything sensible yet.
I'm working on it but would welcome any input
Old 09-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeken_bb
Also (off-topic) we could really use forums... if we could get them here (news, support, and dev preferably) that'd be great, or we could run them ourselves. If a mod from here is willing to create those forums for us, that'd be fantastic
Done =P
Old 09-24-2004, 09:27 AM
jbb
Hill Giant

Hmm, my post disapeared. Did someone delete it?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:25 PM
jbb
Hill Giant

Some progress on ZON files :-

They seem to have a hearer structure :

Code:
long magic;   "EQG2"
long version; ? (1)
long string_table_size; // Byte in string table following header
long unk1;  // Unknown
long unk2;  //Unknown
long unk3;  //Unknown
long object_count;
The object_count seems to be a count of the number of placeable objects in the zone.

Following the header is a list of null terminated string many of which are the names of models in the EQG file.

At the END of the file there is a list of "object_count" 32 byte objects which are the location of placeable objects.

Code:
long id;    // Not sure
float y;     // Actually seems to be "-y"
floay x;
float z;
float unk1, unk2, unk3; // Possible rotations in some form
float scale;  // Just a guess that it's scale
The first 3 floats seem to be (-y, x, z) which seems a little strange but if I draw a marker in my world at those locations it looks about right. Maybe I've somehow messed up getting the data in my code as (x, y, z) would make a lot more sense.

The the unk1 values seem to vary between 0 - 1. I'm guessing that one or more of them are rotations...

The scale may not be scale factor. But it seems to be a number usually 100.0 but sometimes other values such as 60.0 or 125.0 so it seems possible.

I'm guessing the id at the start indicates which model to draw. I'm thinking it needs to tie into the name table at the start but so far I've been unable to work out the connection.

Well, that's as far as I've got so far. Any more thoughts would be welcome

I can draw little triangles at the locations and it looks like those are all places where objects should in the world at least this is the right data.

As you can see from the screenshot below the marker triangles look like they are in the right places, I just can't tell what to draw there (yet)