Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
mburnett

Download the program here http://eqemulaunch.no-ip.org:83/default.aspx

As promised here are the screenshots so what do you all think this example uses an edited version of peq updater

Before login

Creating account

Logged in

Last edited by mattmeck; 04-22-2008 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: forgot the last one
Old 04-19-2008, 09:20 PM
mburnett

Default Launcher Auto ip updater

I have created a everquest launcher it works with a php or asp.net script to automaticly update the users ip address when they login to the launcher

List of features
  • Login system with MD5 Password encryption
  • Account creation system
  • Launches everquest client
  • builtin browser window that only shows whether or not the ip is updated or the content of the page displayed when one of the other buttons is clicked
  • Launches the EQ Client options editor

Upcomming features
  • EQHost.txt auto updating
  • Patching system
  • Compatability checker for eqemu loginservers

SCREENSHOTS

PRELOGIN

Account Creation

Post Login

If i get enough of a user response I will release the source at present i will create custom launchers upon request (Everything is hard coded at present) for anyone who asks (PM me) which will have an installer to install it for the end user so that nothing more then a few clicks will be required to install it

So let me know what you guys think ASAP!!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Excellent launcher mburnett I like the way it auto updates the clients IP, its almost like the public login, no need to take the extra step of going to the website. I guess this one trumps mine lol,
Really great job on this one.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
mburnett

lmao well your the one that asked me to make it do that lmao so id hope you like it bro... cant wait till we get it to do the rest of what i want it to
Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 PM
mburnett

Oh an edit it ALSO gives the abbility to easily have two people with the same ip before each changes to a new zone all they have to do is alt tab to the launcher and click refresh account and its done so two people with the same ip can play at the same time quickly and easily with a minimum of effort!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:08 AM
mburnett

Well i have my anwer on whether or not people are interested in this so since noone is admins feel free to delete this hope you enjoy it lamarch looks like you are the only one who will have this tool
Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Knightly
Accomplished Programmer

I'd be interested in seeing the source for this. I have a launcher / patcher that I work on when it strikes me, be interesting to see how yours is done.

What does the Check For Updates button do?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
mburnett

well mine is actually pretty basic its written in c#.net with the .net connector from mysql.com its all fairly simple to be honest yours is probably far more supperior then mine is in all honesty
Old 04-20-2008, 08:54 AM
mburnett

oh absolutly nothing well it opens a page in the panel on the right there that the server admin defines in the source before compiling the launcher basicly a downloads page i havent gotten to making an actual patcher as of yet
Im working on that part though very very slowly the drawback is that the server admins will have to compile this themselves and set up the mysql connection info in it by hand for it to work as it would be just plain moronic to have a config file with the database information there for all their players to see
Old 04-20-2008, 09:01 AM
mburnett

Eventually i want to make a patcher server and this as the client where it sends the information to the patcher server which does the checking and database queries for account creation and so forth but thats a ways off yet but im open to suggestions
Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 AM
mburnett

UPDATE I am making a archive of my source i will provide it to any dev or programmer (based on title) and after i rework a bit of it i will post the code here in a few hours
Old 04-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Just because no one posted, doesn't mean no one's interested. Minilogin is the only server interface we have that belongs to us, so anything that's done to better it is welcomed.
It will take some days before interested people come in the forums and even see this- most people here now, use public login so they are probably not interested. I like/use Minilogin , so I am also interested in this.
Don't worry about what other people think or want, you got something good here (and you know it), so keep working on it, and please keep us updated!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburnett View Post
Well i have my anwer on whether or not people are interested in this so since noone is admins feel free to delete this hope you enjoy it lamarch looks like you are the only one who will have this tool
Give it some time!!! It's the weekend.. Not many people may have seen this yet, as the stats are not correct for views etc from what I've read. It's a Great Looking util to have, but I would want the source to be able to put in my "hard coded" information myself.
What are you using to compile it?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburnett View Post
UPDATE I am making a archive of my source i will provide it to any dev or programmer (based on title) and after i rework a bit of it i will post the code here in a few hours
What's probably going to happen if you post your source, will be privater/custom servers use it to their benefit, and it will never be seen again . I'd rather you made a launcher for the public , then post the source if you want - This way we all have something from this.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:21 AM
mburnett

visual studio 2005 works fine with the .net connector its written in c#.net and pm me with an email address and i will be happy to send you a copy of the code so long as you dont release it to the public yet