Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
mburnett

Ok guys I have now fixed the bugs and the launcher server now does everything the peq updater script does except create new accounts ( Im working on that) There will be new binaries uploaded to the site shortly
Old 04-22-2008, 06:58 PM
mburnett

UPDATE:

I have added a second server to the launcher system this server is for account creation from the launcher itself thereby taking out any and all need for using the available web scripts to create accounts or update ip addresses.

This should satisfy all the needs of those who wish to run a private serverbut allow more then people on their lan to play, and also give off theilusion that it is a public loginserver.

I dont remember if i mentioned it before but there are two ways to make the launcher work

By setting the MD5On key in the application file to On or Off(Case sensitive) the admin can decide whether to use md5 encrypted passwords (the worldserver http interface and most everything else for the gm stuff uses the md5 encryption for passwords) for added security or plaintext passwords...

I would really appreciate if people could post some questions requests for future featuresfor the launcher bugs they encounter and so forth so i know if anyone is actually bothering to use this lol

I Will have a zip file up on my site within the hour with the complete1.0 rc1 package (launcher file and the registration and authentication server binaries)