Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Database upgrade

I am running an old server with super old binaries because there was some custom coding done to it and I haven't finished patching the source for the new binaries. I have no issues updating the binaries but the database is another issue altogether. Is there a tool or method to updating an old version of PEQ without losing the data? There are a ton of differences in the databases. I'm hoping I don't have to go in and edit each table field by field side by side with a new instance of the database and change/add fields and tables. I think I will just wipe the DB if that's the case.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:51 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Not sure how old your DB is, but I successfully updated a database that was a little over a year old without losing anything.
I updated the binaries, etc., all to current, then ran the eqemu_server.pl update script to run db updates. (along with
fetching new dll's, etc) But if your database is really old, (before tables were renamed), then it could be a problem.
If you have a db table "character_" (with the underscore at the end), you're playing with a dinosaur, lol
Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Yep it's that old. Has the character_ table in it.