Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:28 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Sometimes, I think that page with the active server list (with descriptions, etc), goes unnoticed by many. Not so much the players, but anyone
working on their own project doing research on what's out there, (and how it's doing)
Old 04-14-2017, 02:40 AM
cilution0
Fire Beetle

EQFrontier is Grumpy's new one. I started there, but didn't see anyone else. It'd be fun to play there if others do.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:14 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

I check server list daily...for new or old servers that were fun. What I hate when there is no description and it's just unregistered :( least give us a website or some small info on you're server. I played on EQF a few days with no luck of anyone showing up legit servers are just not in anymore.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Titus Pullo
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
If I am being honest, with Daybreak's announcement (which is pretty much identical to my server's end goal), there is no point in continuing here when they will provide the one missing void that this server was hoping to fill.

So as such, I have shut this down. If anyone is interested in the code changes and database changes, or wants to make a "Dad Server" based on my work, please let me know.

I will be working on improving the TAKP windows client henceforth - something that is in no danger of going anywhere and is not run by myself.
Hi, I'm currently trying to make a PoP server in the RoF2 client. There are many similarities about what was described in this thread and what I'm hoping to do. I'm completely new to this, so it would just be a personal/LAN server for the foreseeable future. Perhaps way down the road if I felt comfortable enough that it was worth making available to other players, I would do so.

Secrets, I'm hoping you still have this database available and are willing to share it. I've played around a bit with EOC 2.0 and SQL, but any resources I can grab to give myself a head start on this would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

I don't understand why this level of toxicity is tolerated here. I see people all the time say, "were all adults here" but several people act like children.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Titus Pullo
Fire Beetle

Oops, did I say something offensive? If so I apologize. I was just quoting a two year old post where he said he might share the work he had done since he was going to move on to other things, and I was hoping that offer still stands.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm not sure what that was about, either...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-23-2019, 09:42 AM
Demi-God

Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.