Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Vaulicet
Fire Beetle

Question Local Character Creation Problem

I've been having loads of trouble trying to find an older method to emulate my own EQ server on a fairly outdated computer. I know that this used to be possible on computers much worse than mine circa 2007 or so, but finding the resources has been difficult because EQemu appears to only be interested in supporting windows 7+ nowadays.

I found Cavedude's old Server Pack, which still has a valid link to an old version of Perl in the installer, and I'm using those two files with MySQL 5.6 and my server is technically up I think. I can log in, albeit with any name/pass combo and attempt to create a character. When I return to the character selection screen however, my character is not present on the list (all say create new character) at which point my World.exe has an error TCP something "Receivedata<>."

The database remembers my previously used names and won't let me use them again, but doesn't seem to receive the character creation information apart from the name.

I'm running 32-bit Vista
Everquest Titanium (never patched)
MySQL 5.6
PEQ Server Pack-Maps-4.0-1110a

It would be excellent if there were a way to host and play a local server as a Vista user, but the newest guides seem to require Visual Studio 2013 which necessitates Win 7+. Due to my rural location, I have a terrible internet connection and my preferred public server is just too laggy in my case, but I had previously been running Project 1999 with no problems on this computer from a different location.

Tags
private server, receivedata<>, vista