Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:48 PM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Default Bots not working.

Hey there! Super new to having my own server, but have worked out a few bugs and everything but bots seem to be working. I'm hoping there's a relatively simple fix.

Here's the error I get when trying to create a bot (I can use #bot commands, but they all spit back error).

Table 'peq.bot_data' doesn't exist

I realize it's saying it's missing the table, but no idea how to manually add it.

Also, when you make a bot, can you then log in and actually play as the bot if you'd like to later on? I want to make an entire raid force and gear them up, but would enjoy choosing the character I play as.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

We don't have support for being able to play as bots..that will take some serious reworking of a lot of classes.

To install the bot schema, you need to manually run eqemu_update.pl and select option 4 and update the database that way.

If you would rather attempt a manual installation: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Manual_..._Bots&frm=Main

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-05-2016, 09:08 PM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
We don't have support for being able to play as bots..that will take some serious reworking of a lot of classes.

To install the bot schema, you need to manually run eqemu_update.pl and select option 4 and update the database that way.

If you would rather attempt a manual installation: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Manual_..._Bots&frm=Main
You'll laugh at my noobness but... Opened Xampp, opened a shell, navigated to the necessary folder and attempted to run eqemu_update.pl and was greeted with a "windows can't open this file" telling me it doesn't know the necessary program to run to open it and.. neither do I :/

Edit: Another question...

What I'd LOVE to be able to do, is to go back and raid content starting with original EQ with appropriate gear. Will it be possible, using bots, to defeat raid encounters in the chronological order they were released with era-correct gear/abilities?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm not familiar with the operation of xampp..I just navigate through windows folders until I get to the file and double-click it - the file located in the server directory, not
the local source code directory.

Right now, bots are not raid-enabled. Looking through the code, it appears that they used to be..and maybe they will again in the future.

There may ways 'side-step' the system..but, I haven't personally tried any of them.

Someone else may have raid experiences, using bots, that may wish to add something to the conversation

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Fair enough. Any idea what program can run the .pl file extension so I can run the bot update?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:31 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

.pl is perl. I know if you built the old manual way, ActiveState Perl was a requirement. Not sure if thats the case using the new way.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 AM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustandfall View Post
Fair enough. Any idea what program can run the .pl file extension so I can run the bot update?
From a command prompt type "perl eqemu_update.pl" (without the quotes of course). That's assuming perl is in the path. If not you might need to do something more creative like "C:\perl\bin\perl eqemu_update.pl".

Oh and run that command from the directory where EQEmu is installed, where the eqemu_update.pl file should be located.

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2016, 12:23 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustandfall View Post
I want to make an entire raid force and gear them up, but would enjoy choosing the character I play as.
Well you have bot "Groups", so as long as you have the processor to handle it, you can allow as many bots as you have CPU and memory. Just change the maximum bots in your rule table, you will be good to go.

Why do I bring this up about memory and CPU? I did run into an issue years ago where a large number of bots would really increase the processor usage to where the zone would start getting unstable, this was 2013 or 2014 and many things have changed, it may not be an issue anymore, the server source is a lot leaner these days.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:05 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

When I attempt to use option 4, it just says "retrieving latest manifest" and then "reading manifest..."

I mean, it also has a lengthy line of text about which manifest it's pulling or reading (I assume), but it just goes back to the main menu after "reading manifest...".

I'm guessing that's not doing what I need it to?
Old 04-12-2016, 02:14 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

I've tinkered around in SQL and I just can't figure out how to get this to work with bots. I love how detailed the windows server setup guide was, but I wish it included how to get bots working as well, in equally great detail. Thanks to those who tried to help.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Bots are still messed up anyway
Old 04-12-2016, 09:12 AM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

This might not be that helpful Trust, but I had a similar problem when I first setup the bots. Running option 4 wouldn't update the DB. I ended up manually grabbing that SQL file which it's trying to update automatically and sourcing it in manually.

I believe the full path for that file is shown when you try to run option 4 from the updater. So you can grab it from the Git yourself. Then it's just a matter of sourcing the SQL into your DB.

log into MySQL (I do it from the command prompt, from the directory the SQL file is in)
switch to your EQEmu database ( use peq; ) for example
source in the Bot SQL ( source 2015_09_30_bots.sql; )

That worked for me, and the option 4 automatic updates have worked ever since. Just needed to burp it once I guess. =)

Good luck. Hopefully that helps, and is clear enough to get you going.

*edit* Looking over the thread once more the link by Uleat (Post #2), has a link to the file, and pretty clean instructions to manually sourcing the first update.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
I run bots on my server, and though there are a couple minor adjustments needed, they generally work really well. I have a full team of Rogues, a full group of Clerics for CH Rotation, and my boxed group of 6. My personal experience has been pretty positive with them.

There is another user on the server that has a couple bots, different classes and only plays a single character. I'll ask him what his experience with them is so far too.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:46 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
Elaborate? I recently upgraded Dragons of Mist from very old source. So far our experience has been positive.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:55 PM
starblight
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmoTiC View Post
I run bots on my server, and though there are a couple minor adjustments needed, they generally work really well. I have a full team of Rogues, a full group of Clerics for CH Rotation, and my boxed group of 6. My personal experience has been pretty positive with them.

There is another user on the server that has a couple bots, different classes and only plays a single character. I'll ask him what his experience with them is so far too.

I two box each having a full group of bots in there group and other then minor issues find them to work well.