Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Quientus
Sarnak

Default Windows 7 and Installing MySql ...

Searched through the forums for a thread that pertained to this ...

- Being slightly "programming-challenged" and having MySql up and running before I switched to Windows 7 I simply can't find out what I'm doing wrong here ...

1) When I go to MySql home page there are several packages of MySql I can chose to download ... - I'm looking for any MySql that will allow me to setup a server though ...

2) Currently I've tried to install MySql 5.1.44 win32.msi ...

Now when I reach to the part where I have to execute it and start the service, I get a "cannot start service error" or after a complete wipe (removed the mysql files + registry keys with regedit tool) and new re-install; after executing the installation wizard simply stops responding (mysql instanceconfig isn't responding) ...

I'm well aware that there is probably something I've missed here (LOL), however, at this point it's pretty much driving me nuts, as those threads where I've looked (mysql forums) for answers, are at this point quite old ...

Installing Mysql is currently the only roadblock I have (and a huge one at that I think hah) in order to be able to continue to (try to) setup a server ...

The only thing I can think of the top of my head is that I followed the walkthrough for setting up a EQEMU server page, and I changed the installation destination to just c:/mysql/ which differs from where the data still goes which is c:/program files/mysql/mysqlserver 5.1 ?

If I posted this in the wrong section I apologize !

Regards,
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

i have tested mysql-essential-5.0.37-win32.msi and mysql-essential-5.0.45-win32.msi both of them install with no problems
make sure it says win32 or x86 version. im using Navicat for MySQL to change or mod and importing data.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
tricyclethief2
Fire Beetle

not sure if its different since im running 64bit, but to get mine working right i ran the config as admin. thats only thing that kept it from freezing.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Quientus
Sarnak

I always run installation programmes as admin, and that doesn't seem to be what is I'm doing wrong so far ...

My problem shows up, when I have to execute after installing MySql ...

For some reason it just doesn't want to complete, and I've tried different MySql versions so far ...

After each removal I clean out the registry with regedit (maybe there are other files pertaining to mysql that are not labelled mysql xxx etc etc ?).

I've tried to follow the walk through to the letter, but can't figure out what version that will enable me to do it ...

What about the emu revisions ? - could that be a factor too ?

Anyways I'm glad for the feedback so far ... Guess I'm just going to have to keep on trucking lol !

Regards,
Old 02-27-2010, 10:45 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

At first after installing retail 64bit win7 this week, and mysql,(latest 32bit release) the service also failed to start. I removed mysql and installed a older version, and the service started as it should. No idea why, but it was also hard to setup accounts for some odd reason because the installer kept on making root access accounts..

Anyway try to install an older version and go from there.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 02-27-2010, 11:05 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

i had this issue once before and found it was my nortons protection blocking it. once i turned off nortons, it ran fine.