Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:06 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Default Diasble expansions

I know there are multiple threads on the topic, but I've read through most of them and I'm still stuck.

There's a variable table with expansions in it, and there's the rule_values table with World:ExpansionSettings in it.

The varible/expansions table seems to do nothing.

What I'm trying to do is disable Drakkin and beserkers (Legacy of Ykesha), and bring up the "expansion missing" popup when you click on them.

I can get it to disable them with various different numbers in the World:ExpansionSettings, but I can't seem to get Frogloks enabled while they are disabled.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I believe that Legacy of Ykesha is the expansion where the playable froglok race was introduced. The Berserker class was added in the Gates of Discord expansion and the Drakkin were a part of The Serpent Spine expansion. I am not sure how these relate in EQEmu but maybe that will help you if they are expansion related.

Here is a list of the expansions in order, pulled from Allakhazam's site:

Code:
01 The Ruins of Kunark March 2000
02 The Scars of Velious December 2000
03 The Shadows of Luclin December 2001 
04 The Planes of Power October 2002 
05 The Legacy of Ykesha February 2003 
06 Lost Dungeons of Norrath September 2003 
07 Gates of Discord February 2004 
08 Omens of War September 2004 
09 Dragons of Norrath February 2005 
10 Depths of Darkhollow September 2005 
11 Prophecy of Ro February 2006 
12 The Serpent's Spine September 2006 
13 The Buried Sea February 2007 
14 Secrets of Faydwer November 2007 
15 Seeds of Destruction October 2008 
16 Underfoot December 2009 
17 House of Thule October 2010 
18 Veil of Alaris November 2011 
19 Rain of Fear November 2012 
20 Call of the Forsaken October 2013
Here is a link to the page on his site for the notes on each expansion.

Last edited by Mortow; 09-24-2014 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Provide list of Expansion
Old 09-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Krran
Sarnak

A little off topic, but I never realized that the expansions were released so rapidly. They are pretty tightly packed. Yikes.
That timeline is useful for myself though, I had never seen it. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:07 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Cheers, yeah I've taken a look at that list and tried so many combinations.

Quote:
Expansions
Default: 511

Accessible expansions for all players.

0 - Classic
1 - Ruins of Kunark
2 - Scars of Velious
4 - Shadows of Luclin
8 - Planes of Power
16 - Legacy of Ykesha
32 - Lost Dungeons of Norrath
64 - Gates of Discord
128 - Omens of War
256 - Dragons of Norrath
512 - Depths of Darkhallow
1024 - Prophecy of Ro
2048 - Serpent's Spine
4096 - The Burried Sea
8192 - Secrets of Faydwer
Quote:
Locate variables table within Database. Then locate varname Expansions:

It is this variable that you need to change to restrict certain expansions (Classes/Races). Here is a few variables that will help you get started:

1 Default
2 EQ Only
3 EQ / Kunark - Enables Iksar Race Only
4 EQ / Luclin - Enables Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class Only
5 EQ / Kunark / Luclin - Enables Iksar & Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class
19 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar & Froglok Race Only
20 EQ / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Vah Shir & Froglok Race Only (No Iksar) + Beastlord Class
21 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar, Var Shir, & Froglok Races + Beastlord Class Only
255 Enables All Expansions + Berserker Class
I think the one directly above is from the old wiki. There's a million links to it.
Old broken wiki link

Lastly, there is this thread:
Is there any way to actually turn off expansions?

Like the OP in that thread, I don't understand where the 16383 comes from. I know the formula in post #3 (2^X-1 where X = Expansion Number. In this case X = 14) is where it comes from, but why is the expansion 14?

I've tried switching the expansion number, with limited success (from 1 - 8192, everything seems random. Some disable at high numbers, and really low numbers). Like I said in my first post, I can get it to disable berserkers and drakkin, but frogloks are always disabled too. I can also get it to disable vah shir and iksars, just can't get the right combination..

Edit: Just to clarify. 31 gives me everything but drakkin, frogloks and berserkers. 32 gives me base EQ from what I can tell (no iksar, vah shir, froglok or drakkin), 33 gives me Kunark.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:48 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

You have to add the expansion ID/value together to get your desired results. If a feature is specific to an expansion, you need to enable that expansion if you want that feature. So if you just want Iksar, then you only need Kunark.

For instance:

0 = No Expansions
264 = Default, Planes of Power, and Kunark
511 (default) = Everything up to, but not including, Depths of Darkhollow
3136 = Default, Serpent's Spine, Prophecy of Ro, and Gates of Discord
16383 = Everything

And your example of 31 would be Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP, and LoY.

Edit: This may have changed in the last year or two. My last server closed in 2012 and I had it locked down to Kunark only using this method and it worked.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:34 PM
kilst87
Sarnak

Cheers, I think it has changed then.

Side note: 31 works on an older version of the PEQ database I got from AX Classic (2011 it says). If I put it in the variables-expansions table (There's no rule_values - World:ExpansionSettings option), I can lock out what I want.

I'll mess around with the new database a little more.

Edit: Doh!! I just realised I can change the expansion settings for frogloks under the char_create_combinations table. Which is probably why the World:ExpansionSettings isn't working properly.

Edit2:Frogloks are listed as expansion_required 2064 Drakkin are listed as 2048. I'm sure that's why I couldn't enable Frogloks without Drakkin..

Hopefully my noobness helps someone.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:13 PM
kilst87
Sarnak

Changed Frogloks under char_create_combinations - expansion_required to 6.
Frogloks enabled, drakkin disbaled.

Everything is working perfektly now.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 AM
deladriendil
Sarnak

looking to disable everything newer than Ykesha (so LDON up)
from the previous post it looks like that value should be 31 2^X-1
however previous posts here indicate that PoP and Kunark is a value of 264 so slightly confused on the math now.

any help would be great. thanks
Old 02-22-2017, 04:00 AM
rawrmonster52
Fire Beetle

i didnt want to make a new thread for this but im trying to lock my server dow to ldon but no matter what values i put in varibles world:expansionsetting and zone table i cant get it to work
Old 02-23-2017, 01:02 AM
rawrmonster52
Fire Beetle

alright so just using the info here to try to create a LoY server instead i set variables expansion to 21 zone table expansion to 5 and world:expansionsettings to 31 still seems to change nothing
Old 02-23-2017, 06:46 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Something I have been curious about. Some of these posts where someone has shown the expansion number list show 03 The Shadows of Luclin.
But others show it as 04. A good example is two different posts in this thread. (one by Mortow and another quote by kilst87). It could throw one
off trying to add them numbers up, haha. But on my own box, I have blocked a lot by other means. (zone status, char create, etc.). I even went
as far as getting rid of zone points and doors, as well as any and all port spells pointing to zones not implemented.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:03 PM
rawrmonster52
Fire Beetle

alright finally got my server setup right seems titanium was the problem but now im trying to get frogloks to start in gukta instead of rathe mountains anyone know how to do this
Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 PM
McMayhem88
Fire Beetle

Hmm, well I seem to have accidentally done what I was trying to do based off the information in this thread. I set World:ExpansionSettings = 2 and that removed all the classes beyond Velious from Character Creation. So I'm able to create Vah Shir and Iksar, but not Froglok or any of the newer ones.

That more or less met my needs as I'm looking to create a private server as close to classic as possible. Of course this just changes the starting classes, I had edit extra bits to remove the tutorial (World:EnableTutorialButton = false) and I still have editing to do on the starting_items table as it seems more work is needed in order to give the proper quest related items when creating a new character.

I was able to bypass this for my needs by simply #giveitem to my character the guild summons needed to start the Shadowknight questline for the Iksar. Hoping to get it to where I can at least have the zones I want back to the old Ruins of Kunark style.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:23 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

See grumpy's new post! Need to add a database line! World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings set to false.
I made sure in my variables table expansions was set to 0 and in rule_values table World:ExpansionSettings set to zero.

And.....

IT WORKS! With titanium!
Old 05-20-2020, 11:58 AM
JDf
Fire Beetle

Default Disable everything past velious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMayhem88 View Post
Hmm, well I seem to have accidentally done what I was trying to do based off the information in this thread. I set World:ExpansionSettings = 2 and that removed all the classes beyond Velious from Character Creation. So I'm able to create Vah Shir and Iksar, but not Froglok or any of the newer ones.

That more or less met my needs as I'm looking to create a private server as close to classic as possible.
This part confused me. I too am having iissue after issue on class race restrictions. I have set all class combo past 127 race (iirc iksar), to 9999 in expansion column. I have done the false tag on world client restrictions. However imw wondering if when our account is GM flagged does that allow us to bypass it? I mean I've seen GM's and guides on popular servers as vah Shir and iksar but players of course cannot.

Wondering if this is a account setting as well or? Basically having no luck seeing any change at character select myself but I only log in as of yet as GM 255.

And lastly how did you make your 32 work to disable all past velious but include vah Shir race? It's licking and post velious.

Any help or go to xx do xx etc guide would help. Seems we have 100's seeking how to restrict properly. And we need a guide for using titanium, sod, rof2 sof. I myself and using RoF2 and would like to restrict server to RoF2 for the benefits of playability and less interface restrictions. Maybe all this add up mesh of numbers works only in RoF2 but not xx?