Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

Default Necro pet AA

Good evening everyone. First things, thank you everyone for the work and wealth of documentation available for this project. The work that goes into this project really shows, and it is very much appreciated.

I have been working on this for a few weeks, trying to keep from asking. But on our little server, the /pet feign command only works in the Titanium client. It works well, but with any other client it doesn't work. I'm not seeing any errors while clicking it, just nothing. I googled about every query I could think of and it looks like nobody else is having this issue. (insert I obviously did something stupid somewhere here) I have tried changing the dbstr_us, spells_us, and spells_en to the titanium version on both the server and the newer clients. I know with the newer clients, the client will check the server to see if you have the ability or not, but I'm not seeing anything saying the server received a request it didn't understand or an error. Any help would be appreciated, It is obviously something simple that I'm missing, but I am missing it.

The server is running on a 2.2GHZ AMD dual core with 3 gigs of ram. It is running the latest compiled software, according to the SVN log version: 2466, PEQ database version: 2294 (SVN log shows 67) with updates that were past that number sourced in. It is also using it's own login server and UCS server. Windows 7 Service pack 1, 32bit. VS 2010 express.

Last edited by wirepuller134; 01-28-2013 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Windows version
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

not sure what the issue could be. i was logged in to my server with a shadowknight when i saw this post, so i tested it and it worked fine for me. latest build. no custom spells. 32bit windows. SoD client.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the fast reply. I can't think of anything either. I'll keep digging on it. I checked the client build dates so fourth. I even tried to start a new character and test it with it, with the same results. We are using a vanilla database with just a few rules changed. I'm going to source a another database and then compare the two for differences and see if I can find anything!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You did not specify exactly which "newer" client you test with, that would help.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 AM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

Underfoot and the steam ROF clients, sorry about that.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
sorvani
Dragon

SO we have something working on Titanium and SoD but not UF or RoF. That is much different than "any other client"

edit: that is important as pets were changed between SoD and UF.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 AM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

It's closer than I was, I still haven't make any headway here. I'm not sure what I did, or didn't do that is causing the issue. I read all of the development threads so fourth, but haven't found anything where anyone else is having the issue. Thank you both again for your time.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

Alrighty. I had to do some serious digging on our nas server , but finally found all of our old everquest installs/installers. I installed SOD and can confirm pet FD does work for my necromancer, but not in Underfoot or the FTP client. Well I got my answer and thank you all again.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

i don't have UF, but i'll test again with RoF and see what happens in a bit.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

It's not the end of the world by any means, and definitely does not distract from all of the work put into eqemu by all of you. So I hope I am not coming off as complaining, I really thought I had done something. I have read most of the board over the last few weeks, and discovered several things I did do wrong so fourth. So with that I'm going to go play with my wife and daughter for a bit, have a great evening everyone!!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
sorvani
Dragon

you narrowed it down to a pet issue with UF+ clients. that's helpful. jsut took the long way around narrowing it down.