Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfedia
Please, i don't understand why KMRA server problem are on this EQEMU forum. :(
After Guildwars, now KMRA and tomorrow ? We must make a FLAME server section no ? that is a good idea for child's pleasure :( Sorry but i'm too old.
My advise ? Plz just read forum rules, i think they are here for a good thing...
Its not flaming..its discussion :P
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

"In all institutions from which the cold wind of open criticism is excluded, an innocent corruption begins to grow like a mushroom..."
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Its not flaming..its discussion :P
Optimist :p
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

"Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best."
Old 04-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubeiie
KMRA is fine how it is. If someone is more uber than you that doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Theyjust play more and quest more. You get that ancient armor and then see if you talk the same stuff which I doubt.....
Jubeiie(Kumadar), playing more is completely different than earning more. And tell me what is balanced about some guy with 20k AC, against someone the same level with like, 8k ac... I feel sorry mostly for casters without pets, they are worthless... Not even pet classes could kill melee, and if they could.. its someone who just started out... So, tell me again how its balanced? And I dont mean this is flaming KMRA in any way but, I just feel my suggestion could be useful is all, sorry if I offended anyone...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:35 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

To my knowledge, PoWar is the only zone that was made PvP in this manner. I don't think the pvp balance is something that should be given top priority if this is the only zone it'll affect.

If the plans are to make more zones like this, then they'll have to take a long look at it... but barring something like that, concentrating too much on pvp balance could hurt PvE balance. See DAoC for examples of that.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
To my knowledge, PoWar is the only zone that was made PvP in this manner. I don't think the pvp balance is something that should be given top priority if this is the only zone it'll affect.

If the plans are to make more zones like this, then they'll have to take a long look at it... but barring something like that, concentrating too much on pvp balance could hurt PvE balance. See DAoC for examples of that.

Where the balancement takes place is.... there will be no competition when the guy with all the sick gm gear garbage takes the zone.... There is no point to PoWar :/
Old 04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Isn't semi-legit PVP kind of a bad idea all in all? I mean... EQ is itemized PVP to a large extent. If uber gear is summonable, that raises the base bar for everyone's power to the extent where the "rare" items have to be exceptionally uber, which kind of fucks up the entire concept.

Not to mention the fact that every class can summon up an array of clickies, which more or less eliminates the caster over melee advantage, especially with summoned resist gear that will take any amount of flak.

Oh well, then again, any semi-legit/non-legit has a lifespan of weeks at most.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:23 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
Water too pure has no Fish
In what fucking world you live ? in my country, you would have less chance to get ill by drinking pure river water where fish are then drinking water you buy in supermarket ...
I will learn you something, if some race of fish live in a river, it show the water is extremely pure (yeah, even if they poo in it ...).

To return on the post topic ..
Quote:
Please, i don't understand why KMRA server problem are on this EQEMU forum. :(
After Guildwars, now KMRA and tomorrow ? We must make a FLAME server section no ? that is a good idea for child's pleasure :( Sorry but i'm too old.
My advise ? Plz just read forum rules, i think they are here for a good thing...
No worry, it will be your turn soon :/

Last edited by KhaN; 04-27-2005 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Because i like potatoes
Old 04-28-2005, 04:06 AM
Wolfgame
Fire Beetle

I stopped playing on KMRA, Ive asked gms if they summoned there stuff mort, they openly say yes. I've been a gm on a few servers and one thing I know is that you have to have competent working gms, who push aside playing on the server and decide that they are there to continue the balance of the server. once a gm decides they are there to play, and moderate, thats when problems arise. some people just like haveing the power, and others realise they are there, and have a responsibility. Ive seen very few gms that realise this on KMRA.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:42 AM
Richardo
Banned

Red face

Oh well guys, some people enjoy it, some don't... This is why there are varieties of servers for everyone and if there arn't, guess what.. They can make their own
Old 04-28-2005, 04:44 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Some tips that any server could use:

I believe that the current code has, and has had for a few months now, an audit log that it writes to for any command that requires an access level above 0. I suggest that server ops periodically review the file which is probably located under the logs/ subfolder of their eqemu folder.

Also there is a log_level (or something similar) in the variables table. Change the value of this to turn on logging of player trades and possibly other items of interest. This will log certain things to an "eventlog" table that is in the database.

Finally, check the database table "hackers" periodically. Anyone in this table has attempted to use a GM flag hack -- causing the client to believe they are a GM and then using one of the GM-only / commands.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame
I stopped playing on KMRA, Ive asked gms if they summoned there stuff mort, they openly say yes. I've been a gm on a few servers and one thing I know is that you have to have competent working gms, who push aside playing on the server and decide that they are there to continue the balance of the server. once a gm decides they are there to play, and moderate, thats when problems arise. some people just like haveing the power, and others realise they are there, and have a responsibility. Ive seen very few gms that realise this on KMRA.
Playing and GMing isn't a big issue if you're just selective with your staff and moderate them via logs.

I'd say not letting your GMs play is a bigger issue because they'll grow bored and quit.