Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Default World with no Items

I have EQemu running on a Windows Vista server and am using the Mini Login. I ran the PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe and created a character with Status of 250. None of the NPC have any items when I click on them. When I try to summon an individual item "#summonitem 15050" or "#giveitem 1001" I receive an error of "no such item".

I can use other GM Commands so the problem appears to be that the game does not recognize the item table and/or needs some sort of spawn command?

I have searched the Forums and ran out of keywords to try. Probably a simple solution but it evades me.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
vales
Discordant

PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe is horribly outdated (their site is down so I can't check but I'm sure it hasn't been updated in a year or so), so you may want to try downloading the latest binaries from the googlecode page. As of writing this, it's revision 774. Grab the one you want - if you want the bots, grab the Revision774-Bots.zip. If not, then get the regular version.

Then download the database here and source it in.

Then you'll want the latest quests and maps.

If you want to keep current, follow the compiling guide here. By compiling your own sources, you can stay on top of changes and fixes and make your general playing experience much more enjoyable.

Once you've got everything, make sure you keep an eye on the database version and server revision numbers. If you've followed the instructions above, you should have Revision 774 of the server, and pewdb_Rev781.sql.gz. This means that the database revision is higher than the server files - which is fine to an extent. I'll explain later. But for now, just recognize that the server revision supports the database since it's lower and you shouldn't have any issues.

If anything, just grab the latest server binaries, database, maps and quests files and you should be golden.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Thanks, I will give that a try. Appreciate the help.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Nire
Fire Beetle

Hi There,

I am also running that same version, so I wonder if the problems I posted are related to this....

That being said, all the pages you linked except for the first one have no files for me...am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
vales
Discordant

Those are SVN addresses. Basically you use something like TortoiseSVN to download the stuff as the developers update them.

If you follow this guide, it shows you how to download and compile your own server. I'll see if I can make a guide with pictures so it can be explained better, but for now, I can walk you through the basic stuff. This guide is to use the latest stuff without compiling your own source.

I'm assuming you already have MySQL and Perl (version 5.10) installed, so I'll skip those parts. If you haven't follow Steps 2-3 from the link above.

This should allow you to run the latest binaries with Bots, database and the new EQEMuLoginServer. The new EQEMuLoginServer is like a mini-login server, so it should probably used over the old and outdated MiniLogin server.

This will be for a completely new install, so back up your database just in case before you start.

I'll try to make this super-easy.

First, download the compiled server binaires.

Download Revision 774 with Bots here. Extract it. You should see a folder after you've extracted it called build - all your files are in there. This will be referred to as the server folder for this tutorial.

Preface - Checking out the latest sources.

1.) Download and install Tortoise SVN. After it's installed, navigate to your MySQL installation folder. In that directory, you should see a folder named bin - this is where you'll download the database to.

2.) Right-click the folder and select SVN Checkout. In the new window that pops up, where it says URL of Repository at the top, paste in: http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk. The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder.

3.) Click "OK", and let it update. Once this is done, navigate to the folder and you should see a file called: peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz. Extract it with 7-zip (freeware) or something similar like WinRAR (30-day trial). This is the "bulk" of the database. Now keep an eye on the revision number as it signifies the coalation between the server number. In this case, it's: peqdb_Rev781.sql. This means that you can run it since it's compatible with the server revision which is Rev774. If you update to a newer server rev, then you need to update the database if the rev version of the server surpasses the database.

Now to source the database in.

Setup - Importing the Database.

4.) Start MySQL by: Start > MySQL > MySQL Server 5.0 > MySQL Command Line Client. If there's a password for your database, enter it and hit Enter.
You should see: mysql> _.

Since this is a new installation, you can type: CREATE DATABASE [name];, where [name] is the name you want for the database (exclude the [brackets]). I'll use PEQ as an example. So it would be: CREATE DATABSE PEQ;

Then type: use PEQ (or whatever siginifies your database.) It should then say: Database changed.

Then type: source peqdb_Rev781.sql;

Then type: source load_player.sql;

And lastly: source load_bots.sql;

Once it's done, you're all set! Now all that's left is to double-check the revisions and set up the new EQEMuLoginServer.

5.) Download the EQEMuLoginServer files here. Once downloaded, extract it. Copy the EQEMuLoginServer.exe to your server folder.

6.) As explained above in Step 2, create a new folder and name it something easy to remember like EQEmu Server Files or something.
Right-click that folder, and paste in the SVN address: http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn.

7.) Go to the folder where you downloaded the server sources and navigate to: trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util.

Then copy: eqemulogin.ini, login_opcodes.conf to your server folder.

And finally, go to login_util > ms > debug and copy the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll file to your server folder.

8.) Download and install HeidiSQL or something to make it much easier for this part.

Launch HeidiSQL and use your MySQL credentials to login (click Save + Connect to remember your login info - not recommended on public computers for obvious reasons).

9.) In the upper-left panel, you should see the name of your database (PEQ). Right-click somewhere in the panel and choose Create Database from the menu. Give it a name like: PEQLoginDB then click OK.

Click your database name (PEQLoginDB) in the upper-left panel so it's yellow to make sure it's selected. Now press CTRL+O (or from the top menu: Import > Load SQL file...). Then navigate to the folder where you downloaded the server files: trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util. Then select: EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql and click Open.

In the Query window at the center of the screen, you should see the SQL entry. Above that, you should see a left-most blue arrow pointing to the right. Press that to execute the query. Or press F9.

Almost there! Now to make accounts and set up the server to log in.

10.) Here's an SQL file to make accounts. Make sure your PEQLoginDB is selected, and import this query. You can save this as an .sql file, or copy/paste it in the Query window in HeidiSQL and import it.
Quote:
insert into tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) values('Admin', sha('password'), 'admin@somewhere.com', now(), '127.0.0.1');
The red text is where you would enter your account info to log in.

For security purposes, you can delete the Admin account that's entered by default in tlbloginserveraccounts by left-clicking on it so it's yellow, and then pressing CTRL+DEL.

11.) Setting up the world server. Here's the sql file to make the world server entry.
Quote:
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerID`, `ServerLongName`, `ServerTagDescription`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastLoginDate`, `ServerLastIPAddr`, `ServerAdminID`, `Note`) VALUES ('1', 'NameOfServer', 'ServerTagDescription', 'ShortNameOfServer', '2', NULL, NULL, '1', NULL);
Again, the red text is what you want to modify with your server name.
NameOfServer is the actual name of the server.
ShortNameOfServer is the shortname for client files in your game directory (i.e. UI_Soandso_ShortNameOfServer.ini).
ServerTagDescription is what you will see in parenthesis after the server's name - i.e. NameOfServer(Come and have fun!)
The green number 2 signifies what kind of server it is. 1 = Legends, 2 = Preferred, 3 = Standard.

Finalizing - Setting up for launch and connections.

Now the last part is to make sure everything is set up so you can connect. I'll be using an example of setting up the server on the same LAN connection while letting people outside of your LAN to be able to connect to your server.

12.) First of all, lets open up the eqemu_config.xml file in your server directory.

Up at the top of the file, you should see:
Quote:
<world>
<shortname>NameOfServer</shortname>
<longname>ShortNameOfServer</longname>
The red text should match with what you put in Step 11 above.

Quote:
<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>server.dyndns.org</address>
<localaddress>192.168.0.1</localaddress>
server.dyndns.org should be your dyndns address, and the 192.168.0.1 should be the LAN IP of the server's PC.

Quote:
<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>server.dyndns.org</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>
server.dyndns.org should be your dyndns name.

Quote:
<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>MySQL Account</username>
<password>MySQL Password</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
MySQL Account and Password is self explanitory. It's the login information you used for HeidiSQL. peq is the name of the database.

13.) Save your changes and open up eqemulogin.ini.

Quote:
Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=localhost
DatabaseCatalogName=PEQLoginDB
DatabaseUserName=MySQL Login
DatabaseUserPassword=MySQL Password
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf
PEQLoginDB is the name of the Login Database in Step 9. MySQL Login and Password is the same as in Step 8.

Maps, Quests and Spells - Keeping them updated.

This is how to keep all of your maps and quests updated.

MAPS
14.) In your server folder, right-click the Maps folder and select SVN Checkout. In the URL of Repository section, paste: http://eqemumaps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Maps
This can take a very long time to download as the map files are pretty large. 3.37 GB as of now.

QUESTS
15.) In your server folder, right-click the quests folder and select SVN Checkout. In the URL of Repository section, paste: http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests
This keeps your quests updated, and is highly recommended to maintain as it's updated regularly!

SPELLS
16.) In your EverQuest installation directory, find: spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt. Copy them to your server folder. This allows the server to read data from these files to ensure that the spells work as they should. You do not need to copy these files everytime you update, but do make sure they're there before reporting any bugs about spells.

Setting up a .batch file.

17.) Make a .bat file to launch the server if you haven't already. Just make a new text file called startup.bat (you may need to change the extension from .txt to .bat). Then copy this text:

Code:
@echo off
start EQEmuLoginServer.exe
start world
echo waiting for the world to finish before starting zone...
sleep 10
start eqlaunch zone
Now you can launch the startup.bat file and it should launch all of the server executables so you can play.

Connecting - Changing your eqhost.txt file

18.) Since you are on the same LAN, your eqhost.txt file should be as follows:
Quote:
[LoginServer]
Host=server.dyndns.org:5998
or
Quote:
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.1.0:5998
The red text should reflect the LAN IP of the server's PC (i.e. 192.168.1.0). It would depend on your router/firewall setup, so I won't go into details here since there's plenty of topics on the forum about this.

If other people outside of your LAN are trying to connect, their eqhost.txt file should read:
Quote:
[LoginServer]
Host=server.dyndns.org:5998
server.dyndns.org should be the name of your dyndns service.

-=-=-=- End tutorial! -=-=-=-

This should cover anyone wanting to set up a server. Hope it's informative as I have blisters on my fingers from typing all of this. If there's anything missing, let me know as I'll gladly update this topic with relevant information as soon as I give my carpal tunnel a rest.

Now go play!

Last edited by trevius; 07-29-2009 at 12:31 AM..
Old 07-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Should:
15.) In your server folder, right-click the quests folder and select SVN Checkout. In the URL of Repository section, paste: http://projecteqquests.googlecode.co...nk/quests/Maps

actually be:
http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests
Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

vales-

For steps 14.) and 15.) I noticed that the default local location for the quest and map files is build/maps/maps and build/quests/quests. Does it matter or should they be manually directed to download/checkout in the build/maps and build/quests folder?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
vales-

For steps 14.) and 15.) I noticed that the default local location for the quest and map files is build/maps/maps and build/quests/quests. Does it matter or should they be manually directed to download/checkout in the build/maps and build/quests folder?

Thanks
There is a file in build/maps called ".keep" and if you try to manually change the directory from build\maps\maps to build\maps an error message will occur stating that Maps is not empty. I don't know if it matters but I went with the default of build\maps\maps just in case.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

This step required several hours for me.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
vales
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
Should:
15.) In your server folder, right-click the quests folder and select SVN Checkout. In the URL of Repository section, paste: http://projecteqquests.googlecode.co...nk/quests/Maps

actually be:
http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests
Trevius corrected the error - thanks Trev!

Quote:
vales-

Thanks
It should be build/quests or build/maps. A common error people get is having the duplicate folder in the directory. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
There is a file in build/maps called ".keep" and if you try to manually change the directory from build\maps\maps to build\maps an error message will occur stating that Maps is not empty. I don't know if it matters but I went with the default of build\maps\maps just in case.
Just delete that file before checking out the directory via SVN. It's there by default when you download the server binaries, so it's safe to delete.

Quote:

This step required several hours for me.
Holy crap. What kind of PC were you running it on? On my old P4 2.5 ghz PC, it only takes about 2 minutes.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vales View Post
Holy crap. What kind of PC were you running it on? On my old P4 2.5 ghz PC, it only takes about 2 minutes.
Cheap PC: AMD Sempron Dual Core Processor 2300 2.2 GHz
I had to let it run overnight. The other scripts ran quickly though.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Then type: source load_player.sql;
And lastly: source load_bots.sql;

SQL kept failing on these two so I ran the individual scripts they called from the Player_Tables folder and they executed quickly. Might have been a path issue since Player_Tables is a subfolder of peqdatabase and the calling scripts are in peqdatabase.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Thank you very much for the assistance Vales. I think I am getting closer.

I ran EQEmuLoginServer.exe, no problem.

I ran world.exe and received the following error:
Failed to connect to database: Error: #1049: Unknown database 'eq'

I am not sure why it is looking for database "eq" the eqemu_config.xml is:
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Slobovia</shortname>
<longname>Slobovia</longname>
</world>
</server>

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>EDITED</password>
<db>PEQ</db>
</database>
Old 07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
I ran EQEmuLoginServer.exe, no problem.

I ran world.exe and received the following error:
Failed to connect to database: Error: #1049: Unknown database 'eq'

I am not sure why it is looking for database "eq" the eqemu_config.xml is:
Perhaps you made a typo in step 4? Should actually be PEQ, not EQ.

On another note, in step 14.) i have about 400 files or so and the Maps folder weighs in at 600+ MB. This step mentions 3+ GB. What am I missing?

My private server is up and running based on Vales instructions. Everything seems to be running well. I have a couple of errors in my log tied to Bots but I didn't install the Bots feature so I'm not worried here. A couple of other seemingly minor errors which I will try to figure out.

Kudos to Vales for this post; this has been one of the most helpful posts on setting up a private server for the newer content I have ran across.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Hrothgar
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Perhaps you made a typo in step 4? Should actually be PEQ, not EQ.

On another note, in step 14.) i have about 400 files or so and the Maps folder weighs in at 600+ MB. This step mentions 3+ GB. What am I missing?
Kudos to Vales for this post; this has been one of the most helpful posts on setting up a private server for the newer content I have ran across.

Database is definitely named "PEQ" not "EQ". I can "USE" PEQ from MYsql and see it in Navicat. Don't know why World.exe is looking for 'eq'.

My build/maps folder contains 602 files and is 3.38 GB. Perhaps your SVN Checkout was incomplete?

Agree with the kudos to Vales. I am much closer to getting this thing running (and on a current rev) thanks to his post.