Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 05-28-2016, 01:02 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Default [PERL] quest:summonitem problem

So I was reviewing the #Dain_Frostreaver_IV.pl quest file, making a couple small tweaks and noticed a problem.

In game, the spawned version of Dain is holding the Tri-Plated Golden Hackle Hammer (item 30502). When handing in King Tormax's Head (item 30516), Dain will say his text, but not give the Tri-Plated Golden Hackle Hammer reward he is supposed to.

I'm assuming he doesn't give the reward because the Hammer is lore and he already has one equipped. Is there an alternative way to summon an item, something similar to a GM #giveitem perhaps? Or is there another problem preventing him from rewarding the Hammer?

*edit* Just a quick update. I killed/respawned Dain until I had a version without the Hammer equipped. Turning in the head still didn't reward the hammer. So there's another problem i'm not seeing. In addition, when he speaks his text after the turnin he refers to himself, when he should use the name of the person turning in the quest.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:15 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Do you have the proper faction required for the turnin?

Edit:... Error seems to be this line

Code:
quest::ze("Let it be know from this day forth that %t and their companions are Heros of the Coldain Kingdom. King Tormax has been slain, it is a time for celebration. Let no tankard go unfilled!");
quest::ze requires a color code soo.... this would fix it...

Code:
quest::ze(13, "Let it be know from this day forth that %t and their companions are Heros of the Coldain Kingdom. King Tormax has been slain, it is a time for celebration. Let no tankard go unfilled!");

Last edited by NatedogEZ; 05-28-2016 at 01:23 PM..
Old 05-28-2016, 01:36 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Thanks Nate -

Just came back to update my inquiry after finding the problem.

You were right, the quest:ze required a color, so the event was failing on that zone announcement and not giving the rewards.

I'll be pushing an update to the projecteqquests git once i've gone through the whole script.

Thanks again for chiming in!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:36 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Thanks (to both of you) for this little quirk find.
While I was adding the fix, I got to thinking, on servers like these, there is a slight chance
that only the toon doing handin will see a zone emote, so I changed it to a server wide (we)