Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Draniksscar and Harbingers updated

Post includes all mobs, named mobs, drops, quests, etc. The quests are very important, as the zoning is related to them - Still there's a few loose ends, such as more quests needed, but very playable. The PoD's should be working to and from PoK.
I also updated/reposted my database.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:07 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

My GoD, you rock. If I knew you in RL I would buy you a Corona! Thank you so much, I was waiting for these.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:39 PM
BobThompson
Fire Beetle

I'm getting an error when trying to download the Draniksscar.rar...seems it can't be found...

Thanks for the work!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Qinamen
Sarnak

Yeah, doesn't look like Dranikscar is anywhere found.

Also getting an error from the page.

But Harbringer's is awesome. Thanks for the contribution once again
Old 09-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinamen
Yeah, doesn't look like Dranikscar is anywhere found.

Also getting an error from the page.

But Harbringer's is awesome. Thanks for the contribution once again
Sorry about that, should be fixed now.
Glad you all liked it - I'm working my way to Wall of Slaughter, I'm doing causeway atm.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:06 AM
vales
Discordant

Thanks a ton, Angelox!

Gonna give it a whirl in a little bit.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Thanks again Angelox!
The 'All_Quests' were a sweet addition.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 AM
njlinus
Sarnak

Hey Angelox awesome work on the database and updates. I have one question In harbingers when i try to cast a spell i get a message that i can see the target. I know this has to do with Map files and i see I have no map files for harbingers or Draniks. Where can i get these?
thanks!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:47 AM
WildcardX
Developer

I think in the past, the map files were and I think still are in the EQEmu Server project. I'm not sure how they are generated though.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlinus
Hey Angelox awesome work on the database and updates. I have one question In harbingers when i try to cast a spell i get a message that i can see the target. I know this has to do with Map files and i see I have no map files for harbingers or Draniks. Where can i get these?
thanks!
Darn! Always something - I just saw I don't have these maps either, I don't think they are in the main map download either - I'm re-downloading to see, if not I'll try and figure out how to generate these files.
If anyone can help please do.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlinus
thanks!
I've found and compiled the tool (azone) for making these map files- made a test map, and it seems to be ok - what it does is, it takes the "zone".s3d file and converts it to .map - what I cannot find is the s3d zone files for harbingers and draniksscar ; not listed in the eq client directory, at least under their names.
Does anyone know if they are listed under another name or what to do here?

Thanks

Last edited by Angelox; 09-06-2006 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-06-2006, 11:44 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Angelox, didn't SOE change out the s3d style gfx for something newer in more recent expansions? I could be thinking of something completely different... but you're right. I do not see s3d files for many zones, though there are some. And if you zone in, of course they work so it's not a digital download problem.

Edit: yes, I am thinking of eqg files replacing s3d... i need to lay off the pipe a while. starting to lose my mind...

J
Old 09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Angelox, didn't SOE change out the s3d style gfx for something newer in more recent expansions? I could be thinking of something completely different... but you're right. I do not see s3d files for many zones, though there are some. And if you zone in, of course they work so it's not a digital download problem.

Edit: yes, I am thinking of eqg files replacing s3d... i need to lay off the pipe a while. starting to lose my mind...

J
I was just thinking it was the eqq files too - so i guess the next question is, how do i convert the egg file to s3d? azone will not deal with egg, must be a different format. Or maybe there's a tool for converting the egg file to map?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
eq4me
Hill Giant

I found this old thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17081

Quote:
fathernitwit: If you make azone use the new FileLoader/Archive APIs from the new release of OpenEQ, you'll not only be able to support s3d/wld (haven't added support for wld yet, but that's coming in a bit ) but also eqg/ter (this is fully functional) as well as any other file formats we add in the future. This would be a huge advantage as it wouldn't require you to rewrite azone for new file formats
Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I was thinking of openzone, but then I thought, "how could I make the s3d file if I didn't have any s3d file to start with?" But now that you pointed out the egg support by openzone, I'll try again. maybe I can somehow open the egg file, then save as s3d.