Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Silentrath
Fire Beetle

Default The Wrath - Hardcore Progression | Need Testers Soon

Hello all,

I am wanting to unlock my server soon, The Wrath for testing. I will update this thread with the server info as I continue to develop.

Classic is open(will unlock next expansion after all raid bosses killed)
Hardcore Mode - Death puts you back at level 1
No corpse runs, all items stay on your person
All items are tradeable and no level requirements
3x XP/AA Rate
1 bot allowed - Bot race/class combinations are restricted by expansion

To Do:
Spawn Times: I want to increase spawn times as nothing is more frustrating than waiting for spawns. Also, toying around the idea of making the Epic quest spawns faster and the required items drop more, or making a custom zone for people to test their skill to get their epic. Tossing around ideas here

Need some testing on raid mobs, to adjust difficulty. I don't want it a breeze, but don't want it unrealistic on an emu.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Thanks,

Silentrath
Old 07-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

sounds nice, await checking it out

your doing death like i have on my test server just more harsh... no corpse, no rez, die and you lose xp
Old 07-13-2015, 11:03 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
sounds nice, await checking it out

your doing death like i have on my test server just more harsh... no corpse, no rez, die and you lose xp
No corpse "runs" you retain loot and don't need to loot body when you die that's the opposite of harsh and nice convenience, but XP loss itself is quite harsh so it's like striking a balance between the two both being quite appropriate. Another words you can progress still, but play smart or you'll only be punishing yourself for doing so.

I don't think the token thing is needed though I'd just remove item level restrictions to make item twinking easier that coupled with increased XP rate and the fact that you retain AA's/skill levels even if you lose levels is plenty.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Silentrath
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
No corpse "runs" you retain loot and don't need to loot body when you die that's the opposite of harsh and nice convenience, but XP loss itself is quite harsh so it's like striking a balance between the two both being quite appropriate. Another words you can progress still, but play smart or you'll only be punishing yourself for doing so.

I don't think the token thing is needed though I'd just remove item level restrictions to make item twinking easier that coupled with increased XP rate and the fact that you retain AA's/skill levels even if you lose levels is plenty.
I like that, maybe I won't do the tokens and just do the level requirement removal. I've been toying around with that idea all day.

Thanks for the input!!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:02 AM
knowom
Discordant

Can't hurt to try that and see how it goes first. It's really a lot easier to adjust the XP rate and just remove the item level restrictions I imagine than trying to hash out a token XP system and w/o it being a easy leveling loop hole to bypass traditional leveling.

Once your geared up to a certain point w/o item level requirements and the increased xp and other things I mentioned it would be easy to level you could actually remove minimum proc levels for example as well those procs would be very powerful at early levels even if they got resisted a lot on higher level mobs. I think you could use tokens and augments and stuff like that for better purposes really.

Only thing I'm not keen on is bots or boxing. I'd rather see limit scope spell/melee proc based pet summons on that act as class specific helpers at one or two tasks they normally don't excel at well, but probably don't do either quite as well with summon durations. They could be just about anything spell or song based nukes, slows, nullify magic, heal, rune, mana/hp regen, ds, stun, haste, death save ect...with summon durations. I think that would be more exciting than a bot or box. It would be a bit of a random burst of usefulness not completely reliable, but enough to help out over the course of sustained fights. They could start off really lame at early levels too like summon a skunk, rat, snake, spider, tadpole, bat, ect and get progressively cooler eventually.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Silentrath
Fire Beetle

Interesting concept of the summons! I've never thought of something like that. Let me make a couple test ones and see how they function and feel. I don't like boxing/bots, but the summons are a way to add that extra utility without having bots/boxing.