Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:09 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Default Moutains of Rathe

I am looking for an old version of Mountains of Rathe spawns....more specifically one that pre-dates frogloks(feb 2003) as a playable race. I never liked the current version of this zone and would like to send it back in time so that hill giants, lizard men and cyclops still roam the zone.

Is there an old database repository somewhere that I could download an old db from? If not does anyone know where I might could find this data, preferably in a useable form. I checked the data collects repository at http://www.peqtgc.com/logs/ but everything is newer than what I am looking for.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
I am looking for an old version of Mountains of Rathe spawns....more specifically one that pre-dates frogloks(feb 2003) as a playable race. I never liked the current version of this zone and would like to send it back in time so that hill giants, lizard men and cyclops still roam the zone.

Is there an old database repository somewhere that I could download an old db from? If not does anyone know where I might could find this data, preferably in a useable form. I checked the data collects repository at http://www.peqtgc.com/logs/ but everything is newer than what I am looking for.
I'm actually slowly working on the same concept with Rathe...putting the hill giants
back to where they used to be, etc. But lots of work to do, lol.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Jaekob
Sarnak

Live is currently free and with the new progression server it would probably be worth your time to check and see the status of Rathe Mts and grabbing a collect would fix your problems.

Uploading it to the PEQ repository would be a friendly gesture also.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Huppy, I will probably end up doing the same thing you are......I thought about taking the current zone and changing the race data for some mosquitos or snakes to be hills giants, cyclops, or large skeletons. After getting everything changed over start thining things out and adjust there stats and stuff. The lizard men should be the easiest part as their little tents are still in place but just need to add in a few stray roamers.

Jaekob, while your idea is sound it has one major flaw, the current spawn data on live for Mountains of Rathe is very similar to what is already in the database and that is the undesired version. I did do a collect for the zone while I was there the other night and will gladly upload it to peq.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I believe he meant to do a collect on the new progression server that opens tomorrow, assuming it is being set back to they way it originally was.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:53 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
I believe he meant to do a collect on the new progression server that opens tomorrow, assuming it is being set back to they way it originally was.
Yeah, I got that part. To be honest I would be shocked if they rolled everything back to its original state but at the same time it would be a nice change. I will certainly check Mountains of Rathe on Fippy Darkpaw when it goes live.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Zlandicar
Sarnak

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0PAX1M32

Take the database from that old server, I have not checked it for abit but should containe what you are looking for.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Thanks Zlandicar, that old database does appear to contain the old spawn data for Mountains of Rathe.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

After a much closer look at the spawn data from that old db it appears that someone may have been working on the zone Moutains of Rathe. There is a good bit of spawn data from the zone but it is incomplete.

I should probably just rewrite the new spawn data to look more like the old spawns instead of trying to find a complete version of original spawn data which may not even be possible.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:42 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I did a collect on Vulak'Aerr a couple of hours ago and it pretty much matched what was on the rest of the servers minus a bunch of spawns. The would be town of Gukta and the old HG hill are now empty.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Jaekob
Sarnak

So what your saying is that SOE was lazy and did not bother to recreate the hill giant spawns.

Go figure.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

If its any help, Here is a list of the ORIGINAL spawns in Mountains of Rathe.

• Beast Name Level Range
  • A barbed bone skeleton 20/27
  • a drake 30/30
  • a rude individual 7/11
  • Ankhefenmut 40/40
  • Ankhnesmerira 7/9
  • Basalt Drake 24/28
  • Basilisk 13/17
  • BlackWing 30/40
  • Blinde the Cutpurse 15/30
  • Broog Bloodbeard 40/40
  • Brother Zelphyn 60/60
  • Bunk Odon 10/15
  • Corrupted Hill Giant 38/44
  • Cyclops 28/42
  • Cynthia 27/29
  • Findlegrob 25/?
  • Giant Skeleton 22/26
  • Glaron the Wicked 30/39
  • Grazhak the Bezerker 32/32
  • Guard Gruilka 35/35
  • Guard Shiznak 35/35
  • Hasten Bootstrutter 40/40
  • Hill Giant 33/37
  • Kazzel D`Leryt 40/51
  • Lordon 25/35
  • Maldyn The Unkept 30/30
  • Monsterous Zombie 49/52
  • Mortificator Syythrak 39/42
  • Obsidian Drake 8/12
  • Oculys Ogrefiend 45/?
  • Orc Warrior 13/15
  • Petrifin 45/45
  • Quid Rhilstone 30/30
  • Rharzar 51/60
  • Shardwing 35/35
  • tainted giant 30/38
  • Tainted Hill Giant 35/40
  • Tarskuk 33/35
  • Tebian the Goodly 25/35
  • Tempest 53/53
  • Theodast Wuggmum 36/42
  • Unkempt Preserver 15/29
  • Zazzamout 40/42

And by using this MAP you should be able to get a pretty close database.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaekob View Post
So what your saying is that SOE was lazy and did not bother to recreate the hill giant spawns.

Go figure.
Yeah pretty much. When SOE did the redesign of the spawns in the zone they didn't do away with the hills giants, cyclops, basilisks and lizard men. They did move them around a good bit and thinned some of them out. The hills giants, a few basilisks, a few lizard men and a few cyclops were moved near Feerrot zone line where the shaman epic npc Tebian the Goodly resides. The rest of the cyclops where moved to cyclops hill over by the bandit camp near Lake Rathe zone. The large skeletons appeared to have been thinned out but not really moved around to much.

Sakrateri, thanks for the information. Where did you manage to find a list of the original spawns at?

Oh and I will upload the Vulak'Aerr version of Mountains of Rathe to the peq repository just in case someone else wants it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

I do believe on the EQMac server it has the original spawns in Mountain of Rathe much like most other zone except fear and hate. It be cool if eqextractor2 would work for those.