Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Titanas
Fire Beetle

Default Server Ideas

I just wanted to compile some ideas I have for a Everquest server. Feel free to take my ideas if it interests you.

Progressive:
Level locking from 5-??
Starting players off with a max level of 5. This will keep the player base in range and = near the start of the project. This will promote tradeskill use as well as maxing out all class skills. Increase the levels as the server grows.

Story Based zone addons
Start the server off with 2 cities and several zones for players to explore.
EXAMPLE ZONES: Qeynos North/South, Sewers, Hills, Surefall, Blackburrow.

Classic EQ 1 Gameplay
Corpse runs are a ???????? I'd wrather some other penalty such as extra exp loss: Exp loss on death and extra exp debt on corpse regaina apon loot.
Mob Camps with rare loot, Small quests for faction and exp.

Content/Lore
Starting the game off with some small lore and then progress from there allow players to shape the future.
EXAMPLE LORE: Blackburrow attacks Qeynos players. If the players win it stays the same if they lose the city is Destroyed or taken over by gnolls.

Restricted Classes/Races
Release races as they are brought into the story. Start off with Humans and progress from there.

Custom Content
Releaseing zones as custom content the more custom the better as long as it keeps the Everquest Feel.

In Game Events
Think of it as a D&D game with many DM's and many players. Events will hapen several times a week pending on what our developers have time to make. A player might stumble accross a murder and be chosen to solve the case, or be part of a smuggling trade brought down by the gards. The possabilities are endless!