Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Astroboyo2
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Crash crash crash

Ive got Win7, dx9/10, changed settings, compatibilities, etc. etc. etc. Windowed mode, admin mode, winxpsp3 mode. Ugh.

I click login, sign in with my name/pass, click the server I want to play on, it goes into windowed mode and locks itself up. not responding.

Is it because EQ hates Windows 7 64bit pcs? I cannot find a fix for this. I've searched the forums, read through the FAQ. I dont get it. People who have working Win7 64bit PC's, would you send me your eqclient, maybe it's the reason?

I tried using Titanium, and SoD. Trying more on SoD, no go. :( I just want to cry. Been trying for hours. Just wanted to go play and have wasted a free night. Ugh. Help?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

Try this: (if you haven't)

Start EQ, once your at the login screen Alt-Tab out.

Start your Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) then click the processes tab.

Locate eqgame.exe in the list and right-click, select Select Affinity from the list.

This will let you select what core the application uses. It definitely matter for Titanium, not sure about SoD. I would suggest core 0, otherwise the lowest value.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Astroboyo2
Fire Beetle

Tried that, it's already set. I'm going to try to reinstall titanium tonight, I may have patched it by accident, but that still doesn't fix SoD not working ya know? Argh. Is there any other fixes I haven't tried that aren't listed below?

Checklist for Fixes that didn't work for SoD client:
-DirectX9c
-Resolutions
-Compatibility Mode XP SP3 / Run as Admin
-Windowed Mode
-Affinity 0

Win 7 Pro 64bit
Intel Quad Q6600
4GB OCZ Gold
EVGA 780i
BFG 9800GTX+ OC SLI
Creative X-Fi Music
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

How about:

Quote:
IMPORTANT. I turned off compatibility mode and kept admin rights and then ran my new shortcut just like you said and IT WORKED. character)
Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Astroboyo2
Fire Beetle

I can try that. What's their "new shortcut" Or where is this from so I can scan over the convo?

Anyone had EQ work on netbooks? I'd like to try it on my wifes Acer One. Its Win 7 Home Starter Edition(Soon to be Pro)
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

The original thread I found this in is from the EQPlayers Forums. The shortcut they are referencing has to do with the Launcher App that live uses, and is not pertinent to how things are done here. Windows & also seems to be picky about where its applications are installed. So (according to the forums) people have had to relocate the EQ directory to make it work, which means the shortcut needs to be remade.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

i actually use an Acer laptop with Win7 home edition, and when i installed EQ (using Titanium BTW), it actually installed it in its own directory (called Program69 or 96 or something like that; don't have my laptop with me atm).

Also, i use compatability mode, and i actually don't have admin setup on my account (not sure how it happened and haven't bothered to fix it yet), using Windows XP3 as the base.

And, as far as i know, SoD is still buggy at times (just from what i've been reading on the forums). Just make sure you have a clean install of Titanium (no patches) and then try it out.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

It would be Programs x86 with is were 64bit windows put 32bit apps.

If you read the thread posted above there is a step by step for how to setup Run as Administrator on an application.

Also on any Home Edition of Windows since XP, there is a default admin user, but you need to start in safe mode to use it. Or configure the system to use a Pro Logon Screen. It's kind of a failsafe since home users generally dont have a IT dept to fix it for them.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:11 AM
TheBot
Fire Beetle

Reinstalled titanium, it worked...But got to a loading screen and it froze. Will try again. At least I can play, no more crying.