Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:23 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Default Comparing PEQ to AX Classic database

I've been building my own database with a combination of data from PEQ and AX Classic. I was working with Everfrost the other night, and I noticed that there is a difference between NPC Types, Spawn 2, Spawn Groups, Loot tables, and Grids.

I know PEQ gets all of their information from Live. Where does AX get all of their information from? Does AX have Everfrost (or any other zone) how it used to be originally, or did they just program the zone in their own way? I didn't think Everfrost was radically changed on Live, but there is definitely a difference between the PEQ version and the AX version.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:19 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

everfrost had some reworked to it on PEQ just recently to make it more livelike. so it's probably why there are difference between them.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:22 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Does this mean that PEQ has Everfrost how it is currently on Live and AX has it as it used to be? Or does AX take a different approach to populating a zone based off of memory and personal taste, but is not really how Live used to be? (I know they throw in some customizations in their zones.)

Basically, what I'm trying to do is make some of my zones close to how they were during PoP and before. Some zones have some pretty obvious changes such as Lavastorm, Nektulos, and Rathe Mountains. Others are not so obvious.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Robregen
Developer

It just means that the mobs in everfrost are now pathing better. there were a lot of bad pathing especially newbie mobs pathing around the mountain there. Lot of npc didn't have any path/grid so those were added and corrected.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:08 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

If you're trying to recreate the zones based on the PoP era, your best bet is to subscribe to EQMac and get your data from there. They are permanently stuck in the PoP era, so it's perfect for your needs. Unfortunately, EQExtractor does not support packet dumps from EQMac, but possibly if we are able to get some collects, Derision may be able to get it working.

You can use either a later model PPC or any Intel Mac, or a PC that supports Mac OS + video acceleration.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:16 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Okay, it's making more sense to me. I thought maybe AX got their data back in the early days of EQemu and then branched off on their own to keep things classic, while PEQ continued to make whatever changes were necessary to keep it close to Live and whatever changes Sony made.

In other words, I wasn't sure if Sony had made changes to Everfrost and what I was seeing on PEQ were those changes while AX had it the way it was originally.

EQmac is something I had thought about, but I don't have a Mac. It might work through an emulator, but I'm not sure if I want to go to those great lengths.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 AM
BrandeX
Sarnak

ax is completely different from live and is intentionally made up to be that way. Try rolling a VAH or FRG.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX View Post
ax is completely different from live and is intentionally made up to be that way. Try rolling a VAH or FRG.
I have. They have an interesting idea for those races. I've also noticed that they have Nektulos, Lavastorm, and Rathe Mtns programmed like the original versions. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it looks right. They also have some of the igloo camps in Everfrost filled with goblins, whereas PEQ doesn't on some of them.

I've been wondering if their version of "classic" is their interpretation, or if they are striving to be as accurate as possible to the classic trilogy.