Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 AM
endra
Sarnak

Default "npcspawn create/add" not working.

I've used both commands and It wont pop my npc where its supposed to be when I reenter the zone and play with #sendzonespawns and #repop. I don't kill them so they should pop normally, but even If I exit and enter the zone again there still is nothing. I used the npcedit commands on my pets to make them stronger and used #npcspawn update to commit the changes, which is the only thing I can think of that might have caused this because it was working before.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I created a guide some time ago on how to spawn ingame -
It may answer your question -

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/spawning_tut/index.html

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
endra
Sarnak

Default Cant think of a title

Your guide would be perfect for me if the #npcspawn add command worked. I probably somehow broke it playing with my pet. It's adding the npcs to the npc_types table but I cant tell yet if its been adding them to spawngroups but im guessing not because they don't show up. I can spawn stuff already in the db. But if I create a new npc type via the #spawn command I can't get the spawns to work.

Last edited by endra; 08-05-2007 at 07:26 PM..
Old 08-09-2007, 03:53 PM
gernblan
Discordant

He's right. It IS broken... #npcspawn add and crete aren't working properly. They simply aren't updating the db every time. Seems I can spawn ONE new mob and add or create... then reload the zone and it's there.

Then, if I try to #npcspawn add based off of him, no go. They simply do not happen.

Also, #npcspawn add off of any other mob, no go if I make more than one.

Same with create (not that you'd want to create so many NPCs normally...)

This bug survives even a server reset. Meaning... I can reboot the server and STILL not be able to do any of the above.

I think this broke in 1025. All was well before that. At least it was still ok in 1018.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
I created a guide some time ago on how to spawn ingame -
It may answer your question -

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/spawning_tut/index.html

GeorgeS
...and this is a GREAT GREAT guide. Thank you.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Diuretic
Sarnak

Is this still not working? I had just gone through the test scenario last night, but I intentionally didn't save my work.

And if it isn't working, does that mean, for now, I must do all my persistent spawning in SQL instead of in-game?

Thanks,

D.