Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:28 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

I dont mean classic. And alpha1 is so far outdated it's not even funny. Nothing in that database should be merged in with classic, they are in different classes altogether and will conflict.

I mean PEQ The Grand Creation, our kunark test server. it's had many many things updated and fixed since classic release. too many to count.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

Posted: 10-11-2004 07:15 PM Post subject: 5.9DR2 Alpha 1 Released!

Okay Alpha 1 was actually posted last night; it's out dated already? I haven't sourced the two together, I did some work to my Classic database based on some posts I read, and couldn't seem to undo them and said "Oh, Alpha 1, let me try that one instead." it works really well and I didn't have to source in any extra files as you do with Classic.

So are both DB's outdated, is one newer than the other? I'm slightly confused now, not mad or anything just a little confused.

While I'm confused tell me if there are more than one entry for pop in spots for zones, as I tried to fix the Rivervale to Kithicor and the High place to Karana peeking in to the database and tweeking the z coords and it didn't seem to take.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

It's not critical for RoF to have the pop in points, as I believe that my staffies want to do completely custom zones, thereby dispensing with the originals, but I'm trying to get a grip on the whole DB thing before hand so I can do that portion of it. The wife and kids are pissed off at me because in two days they had to start their characters over again.. Big whoop, RoF is still non-legit so they can #command their way back up to their previous levels.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:52 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Sorry to confuse you. The "Alpha1" released in this thread is not a release by Project EQ. it's by somebody else who took 2 of our databases (Classic + Alpha1) OUR alpha1 is mega outdated so this "merge" is very very liable to have big issues.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Ok some notes....

This is COMPLETELY different from ANYTHING by the folks at peqserver.com.

This database simply has more than classic zones spawned, it does NOT contain proper pathing/hps/mob spells. It is SIMPLY for folks who want a stock-spawned database for editing, rather than collect all the zones themselves. No other database at the moment has any of the planes spawned..for that matter anything past classic zones.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Aye. seems like a good starter DB for somebody wanting to make a custom server. There will be problems though down the road. There's numerous zones and ID's that are just thrown in not making any sense. and will conflict with other zones in the future. It's just a mess (PEQ original alpha1) compared to our newer release (and future releases)
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

Uh.. My apologies Malignus.. I don't know what else to say, I like the Alpha 1 database, it works wonderfully.

Do you want any input for the DB? If not I'll not say anything else.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

Shit you guys post fast... Okay I'm taking notes...
Old 10-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

Anyway; I really appreciate the PEQ Classic and the Alpha 1 DB that is at the lead of this thread. I'm trying to get a good handle on manipulating the database.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

I'm not really into database making, I just threw this one out there because so many people have asked for dbs with more than classic zones spawned. My db has that, so i got rid of custom content and released.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:17 PM
roccox
Sarnak

Where do i put this file after i DL it to play 5.9?. im kinda noobish at this sorry
Old 10-16-2004, 08:46 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccox
Where do i put this file after i DL it to play 5.9?. im kinda noobish at this sorry
if you have to ask that you dont need to worry about running a server. worry about learning mysql and how to deal with databases, and what databases are.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Arcane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccox
if you have to ask that you dont need to worry about running a server. worry about learning mysql and how to deal with databases, and what databases are.
Say you don't mean it Sotonin *lol*
Old 10-18-2004, 01:10 PM
cyberstormx
Fire Beetle

Is this db compatible with wr_update.sql ?
Old 10-19-2004, 03:34 AM
cyberstormx
Fire Beetle

Is the LOS code implemented in the db to work with the *.map files ?

And also, is there a quick fix for the

[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, fl
id=190
Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, fl
id=192
id=193
id=197
id=1266
id=2733
id=2734
id=2735
id=2737
id=10068
id=10068

Thx