Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
Hey Akkadius your website rejected the log I attempted to upload tonight. It said it was not a log file but it is a legit log file. I tried to upload the file a second time thinking maybe it was just a fluke but it rejected it again. Any ideas?
It's going to look for the eqlog in the name as well as .txt
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
It's going to look for the eqlog in the name as well as .txt
Well it wasn't the name that caused the problem. Just a guess but I think 100% packet loss around hop 22 may have had something to do with my upload not working.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
Well it wasn't the name that caused the problem. Just a guess but I think 100% packet loss around hop 22 may have had something to do with my upload not working.
Try it again, I changed some max upload size settings on the webserver end.

How large was the file that you were trying to upload?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Try it again, I changed some max upload size settings on the webserver end.

How large was the file that you were trying to upload?
It uploaded successfully today and the file size 2.08MB.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Thanks for those who have uploaded logs, but so far this is looking pretty pathetic.

We really need to get a real density of logs before any parsing systems can really be developed around this.

If you know someone with a mother load of logs spanning lots of content please contact them and see if they are willing to contribute to this.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Haha I was just thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. Glad someone got around to writing a parser before me

I found 80 from a variety of characters + another 26 that I renamed as part of archiving back from 2002.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyon View Post
Haha I was just thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. Glad someone got around to writing a parser before me

I found 80 from a variety of characters + another 26 that I renamed as part of archiving back from 2002.
Oh wow, logs from 03/04. Now we're talking progress.

Once again if I can encourage anyone and everyone to try and get them to upload historic character log files this helps the project quite a bit.

If anyone has questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Akkadius
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Have you thought about posting this on like the EQ sub-reddit? I'm sure there would be people at least interested in submitting some and there is a larger chance they have logs.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Any chance you can release some aggregated data once you're done with this project? I'd like to see how older mobs compare (hp/damage wise) to what we have in the peq DB.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Any chance you can release some aggregated data once you're done with this project? I'd like to see how older mobs compare (hp/damage wise) to what we have in the peq DB.
Yeah I definitely will, I just need to collect a decent amount of logs before I start putting together the parser.

In the middle of working on some other rather large PEQ parsing projects to get loot, merchantlist, tradeskills from all expansions.

In the meantime I just need to start building the private repository so I have something to work with when the script is being created to parse through all of the text files.

After that I plan on having a web page that people can go to and see a hitlist of what has been collected and what hasn't
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Question....Is test server data useful? I've got access to a multitude of accounts that can basically box everything up to VoA stuff.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Finished my first 80 using the web interface, found another 46 (in addition to the archived ones).

After sitting in front of my computer for an hour doing those, I decided I'd script it. If you have a linux box and lots of logs, try the following script:
Code:
 for x in eqlog*.txt; do echo "Starting $x"; curl -F FileName=@$x -F EQEmuForumName=CHANGEME http://eoc.akkadius.com/eoc/EQEmuDataCollect/LogCollector.php &> /dev/null; done
Change or remove the '-F EQEmuForumName=CHANGEME' to your forum name if you want it to be included.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

That's quite the collection you have there and that definitely will help.

I've updated the form to include how many logs we've collected so far and the size:

http://eoc.akkadius.com/eoc/EQEmuDat...gCollector.php
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 PM
pfyon
Discordant

How are you storing the logs? Are you using the original filename? I have multiple logs which share the same filename (I would copy them elsewhere and/or rename them to make parsing of more recent stuff easier) which, if you keep them as the same filename, could get overwritten.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
How are you storing the logs? Are you using the original filename? I have multiple logs which share the same filename (I would copy them elsewhere and/or rename them to make parsing of more recent stuff easier) which, if you keep them as the same filename, could get overwritten.
No, I thought that through beforehand. They never get saved as the original filename.