Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:01 PM
archdragon24
Fire Beetle

HI Drakiyth,
your ideas sound absolutely amazing, i love the idea of promoting non-traditional paths on to classes, and you presenting a dps version of the warrior sounds great. Hope you carry that on to other tanking classes, i have ALWAYS wanted to play a 2 handed DPS SK.

Will definitely be trying this server out when your read to release. If your looking for anyone to beta test, i would be more then willing to help also.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdragon24 View Post
HI Drakiyth,
your ideas sound absolutely amazing, i love the idea of promoting non-traditional paths on to classes, and you presenting a dps version of the warrior sounds great. Hope you carry that on to other tanking classes, i have ALWAYS wanted to play a 2 handed DPS SK.

Will definitely be trying this server out when your read to release. If your looking for anyone to beta test, i would be more then willing to help also.

There will indeed be a DPS Shadow Knight that uses 2 handers available at launch. It's too early for alpha/beta
stuff right now but when I get to that point I will make sure you're one of the first in. Thanks for the support!

UPDATE:
I have also decided to make Pet Affinity a level 1 AA for no cost that all classes get. The AA is now
shadows of luclin and is also found in the Archetype area. This change makes the game a lot
better early on for support paths, since their pet can benefit from their group spells.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:46 AM
archdragon24
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
There will indeed be a DPS Shadow Knight that uses 2 handers available at launch. It's too early for alpha/beta
stuff right now but when I get to that point I will make sure you're one of the first in. Thanks for the support!

UPDATE:
I have also decided to make Pet Affinity a level 1 AA for no cost that all classes get. The AA is now
shadows of luclin and is also found in the Archetype area. This change makes the game a lot
better early on for support paths, since their pet can benefit from their group spells.
Hi Drakiyth,

sounds awesome, if you need any help coming up with "ideas" for classes/spells/ect, let me know. Ive always had huge ideas for mmos(over the 16+ years ive been playing them, lo, just never the experience to implement anything. Id be more the happy to throw ideas your way for anything you might be stuck on.

looking forward to testing beta
Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Hi Drakiyth,

sounds awesome, if you need any help coming up with "ideas" for classes/spells/ect, let me know. Ive always had huge ideas for mmos(over the 16+ years ive been playing them, lo, just never the experience to implement anything. Id be more the happy to throw ideas your way for anything you might be stuck on.

looking forward to testing beta

Ideas are always good, man. If you have any ideas for a path shoot them my way.

Here is another creation I wanted to share with everybody that's going to appear on the new server. The Blightbane takes my idea of
the Rotfeaster and Erosionist on Varlyndria: Ascension, and combines them into one cool class path. This particular necromancer will have
decent DPS (especially AoE), but they also have good control and can keep mobs from harming their team. Enjoy.

• BLIGHTBANE (CONTROL)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Virulent One (VO)
- TIER 1: Increases disease damage by 40% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases disease and poison damage by 80% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases disease and poison damage by 120%, and Spell Crit by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases disease and poison damage by 160%, Spell Crit by 10% and CHA by 80 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases disease and poison damage by 200%, Spell Crit by 13% and CHA by 100 for 1 hour.
Also grants you an additional 200% disease damage.

- CHARM: Acidic Slime - An acidic slime attacks a target for 30 secs. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants VO Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Cloud of Filth - Makes all enemies within 50 feet sick (99% snare) and panic (fear) for 30 sec. Grants VO Tier 2. CD 2 mins.
- EARRING: Stream of Corruption - Deals 15 x level poison dmg to an enemy and snares and fears them for 30 sec. Grants VO Tier 3. CD 42 secs
- BRACER: Contagion - Infects enemy with 10 x level a tick disease DoT for 3 minutes. Spreads to nearby enemies. Grants VO Tier 4. CD 60 secs
- RING: Summon Plague Rat - Summons a monstrous plague rat to assist you until death. Grants VO Tier 5. CD 300 secs
Old 09-06-2014, 12:57 AM
troylus
Fire Beetle

Always loved the whole plaguebringer/erosionist class idea. Unfortunately on the first Varlyndria, just couldn't compete with the lifetap class, so switched to that. This one sounds fantastic!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by troylus View Post
Always loved the whole plaguebringer/erosionist class idea. Unfortunately on the first Varlyndria, just couldn't
compete with the lifetap class, so switched to that. This one sounds fantastic!
I am making sure all the paths on the new server offer nice rewards for the work you'll be putting into the quest line to get your path items.
Let's just say to get your ring it's almost as bad as the epic 1.0 quest. To have the title "Grand" over your head means you worked hard for it.
None of these items are just handed to you with little effort.

I wanted to let everybody know the server is well on the way and doing great. Here is another treat for everybody, a path of the beastlord
that gives you multiple options as a jack of all trades to help your group in many ways. You can sit back in serpent form and turn what used
to be a crappy heal into a solid heal spell for your team, or you can do some dps in werewolf form if somebody is tanking for you and so on.
Players will be able to change in and out of forms on the fly and I have made this work with a script so there will never be any problems
of buffs not replacing each other. Enjoy.

• WEREFIEND (JACK OF ALL TRADES)

SPECIAL NOTE: Were forms DO NOT STACK and will remove each other. Use forms for certain situations to help your team or dps etc.

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Bestial Transformation (BT)
- TIER 1: Increases your STR by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your STR and INT by 40 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your STR, INT and WIS by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your STR, INT, WIS and CHA by 80 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your STR, INT, WIS and CHA by 100 for 1 hour.
Also grants you 10% more hp.

- CHARM: Werewolf Form - Increases your melee damage by 500% but reduces your melee mitigation by 50% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 1. CD 6
- SOURCE: Werebull Form - Increases your melee mitigation by 50% but reduces your damage by 500% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 2. CD 6
- EARRING: Wereserpent Form - Increases your WIS by 500 but reduces your melee damage by 500% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 3. CD 6
- BRACER: Werebat Form - Increases your INT by 500 but reduces your melee damage by 500% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 4. CD 6
- RING: Primal Balance - Crush your enemy for 25 x level damage and heal your group for 500 base healing. Grants BT Tier 5. CD 36

NOTE: If you're new to custom servers: This server has custom source which allows STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA to modify melee/ranged/song/spell damage,
healing, pet/swarm pet damage etc for each point. If you see a buff above saying it gives 500 wisdom it's also improving your healing by 500%.

More to come.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Bards might be a big joke to some but with the new server you might think otherwise. Here is one of the paths for the bard that I wanted to share.

• SONGBLADE (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Singing Blades (SB)
- TIER 1: Increases 1HS damage by 60% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases 1HS damage by 120% and STR by 40 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases 1HS damage by 180%, and STR and DEX by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases 1HS damage by 240%, STR and DEX by 80 and base melee crit by 300% for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases 1HS damage by 300%, STR and DEX by 100 and base melee crit by 360% for 1 hour.
Also grants you 300% more 1HS damage.

- CHARM: Blade Dance - Reduces your MaxHP by 15%, but also grants a triple 1HS proc for 1 hour. Grants SB Tier 1. CD 6 secs
- SOURCE: Knife Song - Sound pierces a single enemy for 3 x level damage a tick for 18 seconds. Grants SB Tier 2. CD 6 secs (Uses DEX/SING)
- EARRING: Twisting Steel - Increases your melee critical strike damage total by 45% for 1 hour. Grants SB Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Sonic Lance - Sonic energy blasts through an enemy for 40 x level damage. Grants SB Tier 4. CD 36 secs (Uses INT)
- RING: Swift as the Wind - Gives you max possible haste speeds for 1 hour. Grants SB Tier 5. CD 18 secs

Stay tuned.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:08 PM
archdragon24
Fire Beetle

HI Drakiyth,

Looking great so far.

One idea i had while i was thinking of different class specs was how would you go about changing the mage, but keeping the elemental flair.

I like the idea of introducing more tanks to the equation so i thought maybe making a caster tank would be a cool option, and i thought the mage might be a perfect fit here something along the lines of:

The mage becomes one with their pet (effectively sacrificing their pet, and causing them to shape change)

Earth pet: all out single target tank
Fire: Aoe tank pet
Water: Magic Damage tank
Air: Dps
Old 09-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
HI Drakiyth,

Looking great so far.

One idea i had while i was thinking of different class specs was how would you go about changing the mage, but keeping the elemental flair.

I like the idea of introducing more tanks to the equation so i thought maybe making a caster tank would be a cool option, and i thought the mage might be a perfect fit here something along the lines of:

The mage becomes one with their pet (effectively sacrificing their pet, and causing them to shape change)

Earth pet: all out single target tank
Fire: Aoe tank pet
Water: Magic Damage tank
Air: Dps

I already created the mage paths but your idea here is rather sound and interesting. You'll see I'm not terribly far off from your idea with
the Riftguard.

• RIFTGUARD (SUPPORT)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Elemental Defender - (ED)
- TIER 1: Increases your group's melee mit by 4% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 12%, and evasion by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 16%, evasion by 10% and damage shield by 150 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 20%, evasion by 12% and damage shield by 188 for 1 hour.
Also grants your group a defensive proc that blasts the enemy with fire for 6 x level fire damage.

- CHARM: Earth Rift - Roots all enemies within 50 yards of you for 30 seconds. Grants ED Tier 1. CD 60 secs
- SOURCE: Fire Rift - Empowers your group with a fire weapon proc that deals 4 x level fire damage for 18 secs. Grants ED Tier 2. CD 36 secs
- EARRING: Air Rift - Empowers your group with 46% haste2 for 1 hour. Grants ED Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Water Rift - Heals your group for 400 base healing. Grants ED Tier 4. CD 18 secs
- RING: Chaos Rift - Increases your group's spell damage (all types) by 200% for 18 seconds. Grants ED Tier 5. CD 36 secs

• SUMMONER (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Conjurer's Majesty - (CM)
- TIER 1: Increases your CHA by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your CHA by 40 and your fire damage by 120% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your CHA by 60 and your fire and magic damage by 180% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your CHA by 80, your fire and magic damage by 240% and your INT by 80.
- TIER 5: Increases your CHA by 100, your fire and magic damage by 300% and your INT by 100.
Also gives your pet Elemental Fury which increases their melee damage by 300% for 1 hour.

- CHARM: Conjure Monster - A monster attacks your enemy for 30 secs. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants CM Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Elemental Supremacy - Raise your pet's base crit by 150%, dmg by 120% and haste2 by 60% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Primordial Shield - Raise your pet's melee and spell mit by 23% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 3. CD 12 secs
- BRACER: Master of Elements - Raises your CHA by 160 for 18 seconds. Stacks with other CHA buffs. Grants CM Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Conjure Elemental Kings - Four Elemental Kings of Fire, Water, Earth and Air attack your foe for 30 seconds. Grants CM Tier 5. CD 40 secs

Since we are also talking about pet classes, I have gone over all the normal base classes and made sure that all pets are better.
The 1.0 Mage Epic pet for instance, is a total bad-ass and I have even given it a different model. Combine the 1.0 pet with the summoner and say
goodbye to most encounters. I will also make sure before launch that all 1.0 epic weapons (since this is based in vanilla/kunark) have some nice
upgrades to them. Please also keep in mind that NPCs on the new server have been changed as well to take on a small group or a solid solo
character -- with the new stats and source changes. You're not going to be one shotting anything or walking through reds like it's a cake walk. I have
made sure things are solid and challenging, and have tested my heart out so far.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

What sort of time line are you looking at doing some beta for the server?

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
archdragon24
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I already created the mage paths but your idea here is rather sound and interesting. You'll see I'm not terribly far off from your idea with
the Riftguard.

• RIFTGUARD (SUPPORT)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Elemental Defender - (ED)
- TIER 1: Increases your group's melee mit by 4% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 12%, and evasion by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 16%, evasion by 10% and damage shield by 150 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 20%, evasion by 12% and damage shield by 188 for 1 hour.
Also grants your group a defensive proc that blasts the enemy with fire for 6 x level fire damage.

- CHARM: Earth Rift - Roots all enemies within 50 yards of you for 30 seconds. Grants ED Tier 1. CD 60 secs
- SOURCE: Fire Rift - Empowers your group with a fire weapon proc that deals 4 x level fire damage for 18 secs. Grants ED Tier 2. CD 36 secs
- EARRING: Air Rift - Empowers your group with 46% haste2 for 1 hour. Grants ED Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Water Rift - Heals your group for 400 base healing. Grants ED Tier 4. CD 18 secs
- RING: Chaos Rift - Increases your group's spell damage (all types) by 200% for 18 seconds. Grants ED Tier 5. CD 36 secs

• SUMMONER (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Conjurer's Majesty - (CM)
- TIER 1: Increases your CHA by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your CHA by 40 and your fire damage by 120% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your CHA by 60 and your fire and magic damage by 180% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your CHA by 80, your fire and magic damage by 240% and your INT by 80.
- TIER 5: Increases your CHA by 100, your fire and magic damage by 300% and your INT by 100.
Also gives your pet Elemental Fury which increases their melee damage by 300% for 1 hour.

- CHARM: Conjure Monster - A monster attacks your enemy for 30 secs. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants CM Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Elemental Supremacy - Raise your pet's base crit by 150%, dmg by 120% and haste2 by 60% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Primordial Shield - Raise your pet's melee and spell mit by 23% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 3. CD 12 secs
- BRACER: Master of Elements - Raises your CHA by 160 for 18 seconds. Stacks with other CHA buffs. Grants CM Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Conjure Elemental Kings - Four Elemental Kings of Fire, Water, Earth and Air attack your foe for 30 seconds. Grants CM Tier 5. CD 40 secs

Since we are also talking about pet classes, I have gone over all the normal base classes and made sure that all pets are better.
The 1.0 Mage Epic pet for instance, is a total bad-ass and I have even given it a different model. Combine the 1.0 pet with the summoner and say
goodbye to most encounters. I will also make sure before launch that all 1.0 epic weapons (since this is based in vanilla/kunark) have some nice
upgrades to them. Please also keep in mind that NPCs on the new server have been changed as well to take on a small group or a solid solo
character -- with the new stats and source changes. You're not going to be one shotting anything or walking through reds like it's a cake walk. I have
made sure things are solid and challenging, and have tested my heart out so far.
looking good,

I always though a shape change class would be cool also, maybe either the zeker, or the ranger.

bezerker shapechaning into a giant bear, getting bonus's to rage/rampage/ect. Basically all out blood rage tell they kill everything around them

Or maybe have one of the ranger trees be a tank tree where they turn into animals and tank.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
What sort of time line are you looking at doing some beta for the server?
I'm currently over halfway done with paths (many things are not shown here) and things are picking up pace so I'm thinking
a November beta if not earlier. When I am fully done with paths (quests also included with that) I will have a much better idea
for when I want to kick things off. This is also not the official thread for the new server. That will be released before the server goes
live.

Quote:
looking good,

I always though a shape change class would be cool also, maybe either the zeker, or the ranger.

bezerker shapechaning into a giant bear, getting bonus's to rage/rampage/ect. Basically all out blood rage tell they kill everything around them

Or maybe have one of the ranger trees be a tank tree where they turn into animals and tank.

I am done with Berserkers but I'll save the info on them for the official thread, however, I have not started the Ranger yet.

CLASSES NOT DONE YET
Monk, Rogue, Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Druid and Shaman

Fire off some ideas for those above if you want.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:08 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Orc Camp in EC, but what's that on the side of it?

I am fully utilizing the new door plugins to make custom content never seen before in some zones. This will give
the new server a feel that I was never able to give players on my older servers.

More to come.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:

I am fully utilizing the new door plugins to make custom content never seen before in some zones. This will give
the new server a feel that I was never able to give players on my older servers.

More to come.
That is neat!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LjWfgrO.png[IMG]

More to come.
I'm clearly blind lol.