Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-28-2019, 02:53 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Default Green Con Mobs Still Giving Exp

A level 30 green con mob is still giving my level 47 warrior experience. Is this normal?

I was under the impression that green con mobs do not give experience. I even turned Character:GreenModifier to a value of 0 to see if it helped, but no dice.

As a test, I took that same level 47 warrior to Greater Faydark, killed a green con skeleton and I did not gain experience, so it must be a certain amount of levels below you can still give experience, even if they are green cons.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue please? I am using the Titanium Client.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:17 PM
rabbet330
Sarnak

I have had the same issue, and have also seen it on public servers. It might be a bug inherent in the game - sometimes it shows the wrong con. It should probably be showing light blue, but shows green instead. So when you see a green con, you won't really know whether it will give XP or not. Not sure if there's a way to fix that. Devs - any ideas?
Old 11-28-2019, 05:49 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Might want to mention the client being used.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:40 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Titanium Client
Old 12-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Entranced
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglegenerator View Post
Titanium Client
I believe there are different levels of green con. This can be seen when you con the mob. The green cons that give exp will say something slightly different than one that doesn't. At least this is how it is on P99.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Someone will have to verify this but I think the clients sometimes do show the cons differently. So, some cons will show differently on Titanium than on RoF2. If so, that might be playing into this.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Just a quote from an old post :

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
We can't change what the cons con, since they're handled clientside(the color at least), you can change the con calcs server side but they wont translate to colors on the client..
Old 12-09-2019, 05:47 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Originally in live EQ there used to only be red, yellow, white, blue, and green. As mentioned above, some greens were a "high green" that gave xp. Others were low green that didn't give xp. On live at some point they added additional colors to make it very obvious. Red, yellow, white, and blue still exist, but not there is a light blue, and green, which all greens still give xp. What was previously considered low green aka no xp is now grey on live.

I'm not sure how the client affects greens giving xp or not.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:55 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

For several possible reason. Your client might be showing you a mob that is green that the server considers a different con. It would have to be verified, but the con range may be different on each of the clients, which may not correspond to the range the server is going by.

Likewise, beyond an exp message, have you verified you are actually getting exp. The client might be saying you are when in fact you aren't.

Sometimes oddities happen because certain things are hard coded in the client.

Someone more knowledgeable than I may chime in.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Uleat
Developer

There is definitely a con change in the client..can't remember if it's Ti->SoF or SoF->SoD, though...

Part of the trouble in dealing with multiple-client support.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-10-2019, 01:36 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Sorry, see the following post. (redid some things)
Old 12-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

This is a more "organized" test I did, using the same toon on the two different clients, seperately. On both occasions, it was the same TEST NPC and same player toon. I simply #leveled the test NPC one level at a time, first on RoF, then on Titanium. I used a completely vanilla database and current source (my testbox). I disabled any experience mods (race/class/zem's, etc) and run with the default exp settings in the PEQ.

This is using a Level 25 WAR, with a newbie sword and a naked human test NPC. You can see the different con's between the two. Same experience for all kills (63% total), lol. But the Titanium would obviously have to kill one extra red, and one less yellow.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:24 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

These are excellent findings. I'll have to duplicate a similar test and see what I find as well.

As for the client colors of conned mobs. Where exactly is that defined on the client side? I can't seem to find it.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I just got the colors by targetting the NPC when I killed each one of them, other than being hardcoded into the client.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I ran my own test using the Titanium client with experience values enabled so I could see if I was actually getting exp or if the message was a false positive. The player's lvl was 50 and the NPC's ranged from lvl 30-60. Here are my results:

lvl 30 - CON - NO XP
lvl 31 - CON - NO XP
lvl 32 - CON - XP
lvl 33 - CON - XP
lvl 34 - CON - XP
lvl 35 - CON - XP

36-60 all gave exp. It's that one experience gain at lvl 32 that is the problem. That green con mob should not be giving exp, and I have no idea how to fix it yet.