Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Default Do Evolving Items Work?

Working on my server i feel like an evolving item would fit well into my server im working with a buddy. Do they actually work within the Emulator i haven't necessarily seen them in any server. Is it possible to create an evolving Weapons/Armor at all?

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 AM
trevius
Developer

They are not yet supported. I think some of the code is there, but was never completed and I am sure there would be a decent amount of work to finish them off.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
They are not yet supported. I think some of the code is there, but was never completed and I am sure there would be a decent amount of work to finish them off.
Ah that is what i figured. I cant wait for them to be finished though that would be a big thing for most servers.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Not to bump up a really old post but i got thinking again.. Whats the status on them these days.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Uleat
Developer

I don't think anyone has taken a look recently

I briefly looked at the code some time ago..but, I'm not sure how we're going to handle them with the existing data.

I'm pretty sure we'll need all of stats for the items across the levels..some add stats, some add augment slots, some add speech...
I haven't seen anything in peq..or 13th floor/Lucy to indicate multiple entries..though, everything but item speech 'may' be in the item history.

Someone else was talking about evolving items not too long ago..maybe we can get them to look at it again

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-15-2014, 11:38 AM
knowom
Discordant

Yeah evolving items is a great overall idea to have. Just being able to create tiers of items based off a current item could substantially shave off game design time in terms of itemization. This of course benefits players by allowing for more fluid game progression across the board at least on servers with minimal developer resources and time.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Drajor
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
Yeah evolving items is a great overall idea to have. Just being able to create tiers of items based off a current item could substantially shave off game design time in terms of itemization. This of course benefits players by allowing for more fluid game progression across the board at least on servers with minimal developer resources and time.
Not really :( Go see how evolving items work.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:09 AM
vsab
Discordant

I was working with it a few months ago and my issue was that I didn't have packet captures of the currently supported clients that had evolving items with known levels of xp and such so I could easily RE them.

I kinda had a hunch on how the packets were constructed by comparing them item structs of current live to UF/RoF clients but had no luck other than to crash the clients, again and again...

I'll probably go back to it when I have time, but I've had my house rebuilt and the builder has gone AWOL halfway through so my life is in disarray right now :P
Old 08-21-2014, 09:54 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

There were evolving items back in seeds of destruction expac. Have you looked at the data from when that client was being worked on for emu?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:01 AM
vsab
Discordant

Nope- not sure which xpac Titanium went up to- IIRC evolving items were introduced in DODH and I'm slightly unclear as to whether Titanium had that?

I haven't really looked at any logs from the past- wasn't able to get into the PEQ log repository, but they are probably lacking one really handy bit of info - the % of xp it has (mainly because you can only get it from MQ2) - the rest I can reverse engineer with known values from Lucy.

It might need some work with a disassembler on a client, but I've not really had any such experience so if that route was the only way, I'd need help from the few devs that have (enough of) it.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:12 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Titanium is PoR I think. DODH introduced evolving items.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Titanium is PoR I think. DODH introduced evolving items.
Titanium is Depths of Darkhollow.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:47 AM
vsab
Discordant

Incidentally, there is a ticket open for it on github : https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/issues/155