Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think cleanipc is built with everything else, because when I went in to utils to make it separately, it says it is up to date. So I copied it to ./server. Still having some difficulty with the scripts, but mine is a permissions issue that I haven't worked out yet.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:49 AM
cubber
Discordant

I am following your guide to try to get the emu installed on gentoo 2006.1. The problem I was having when I tried to compile was that gentoo 2006.1 uses gcc 4.1.1. After much searching I found out that you can run an earlier version of gcc parallel to gcc 4.1.1 and switch between them when you need to. Here is how I did it for those that are having the same issue:

-First get gcc-3.4.6-r1...

emerge -av =sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r1

-After that is done you need to tell gentoo to use gcc 3.4.6-r1 as the default compiler, do this by using gcc-config.

-Type gcc --v to see what version of gcc you are running, more than likely this will spew out gcc 4.1.1

-Type gcc-config -l to list all the versions of gcc on your system.

-Type gcc-config # where # = the number that corresponds to the version of gcc that you want to use. In my case 3.4.6-r1 was number 1 on the list. So I typed:

gcc-config 1

-Type source /etc/profile

-Type gcc --v and it should show gcc 3.4.6-r1 rather than gcc 4.1.1

run make

when you are done compiling eqemu you probably want to switch back to gcc 4.1.1 as your default copiler so type:

type gcc-config -l to find out what number gcc 4.1.1 is on the list, in my case it was number 6.

type gcc-config 6

type source /etc/profile

type gcc --v to verify that it says gcc 4.1.1

Thats it, now you can switch between the two whenever you need to compile new eqemu source code.

Now that I got it compiled I just gotta figure out how to finish the server and get it up and running!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Help..Need a DataBase.

The links to Angelox DB seem to be down.
Anyone have a DB that they use for something like Debian/Sarge that is they think would be highly stable and maybe have more than luclinRC1?
Im looking(hoping) for something thats already done. Proven to work with maximum stability. All the luclinRC1 zones working correctly(As intended) as priority.Aything else is just Icing.
Im using the same version of eqemu as the tutorial. If I can avoid any changelog crap Ill be satisfied no matter what.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
The links to Angelox DB seem to be down.
Anyone have a DB that they use for something like Debian/Sarge that is they think would be highly stable and maybe have more than luclinRC1?
Im looking(hoping) for something thats already done. Proven to work with maximum stability. All the luclinRC1 zones working correctly(As intended) as priority.Aything else is just Icing.
Im using the same version of eqemu as the tutorial. If I can avoid any changelog crap Ill be satisfied no matter what.
I just had to re-boot my connection, Links seem to be OK now.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:06 PM
eq4me
Hill Giant

The Tutorial is also good for the latest EQEmu version. Exept some of the Makefile changes can be omitted now. Sorry for sort of abandoning the guide the last weeks but my workload was just to heavy. I had hoped that some other people took up the slack and corrected and extended the guide meanwhile...
The good news is that I will soon be able to spend some more time refining the guide while I set up an EQEmu server on my new dedicated server connected with 100 MBit/s.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Crap..I tried to source the sql from Angelox with sqlyog and I get this error.

PRIMARY KEY (`aaid`,`rank`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Line no.:42
Error Code: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 14

EDIT>>I should say Im tring to do this on windows if it dont seem obvious LOL..Im trying to get the db ready to just transfer to the server.

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 10-23-2006 at 09:59 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 02:08 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Crap..I tried to source the sql from Angelox with sqlyog and I get this error.

PRIMARY KEY (`aaid`,`rank`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Error Code: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 14

EDIT>>I should say Im tring to do this on windows if it dont seem obvious LOL..Im trying to get the db ready to just transfer to the server.
Can you try a restore with mysql-administrator? I'm using MySql 5, but I don't think that should matter.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I just downloaded to my windows setup and restored it to a MySQL 4, saw the error - give me a while and i'll make a windows MySql4 back up for you.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
I just downloaded to my windows setup and restored it to a MySQL 4, saw the error - give me a while and i'll make a windows MySql4 back up for you.
Woot! I guess Ill spend a few hours trying to DL the maps file again..All I have for a browser is lynx. And what I know about Linux so far I can count on my hand. Thats why Im doing this DB in windows I dont how to extract a .rar file. And it would be an hour or 2 just to DL in the first place.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Woot! I guess Ill spend a few hours trying to DL the maps file again..All I have for a browser is lynx. And what I know about Linux so far I can count on my hand. Thats why Im doing this DB in windows I dont how to extract a .rar file. And it would be an hour or 2 just to DL in the first place.
It's done and posted - I did it in rar format. but I guess you have winrar - You can get a unix version of rar here -
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
it's a command line rar, but works ok (took me a while to figure it out) - just dump all the files into your /bin directory
they say you have to pay, but i think since its beta, it's not active yet.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Crap..Same error..I DLed it right from the link that say its corrected for windows.Not from the top.(on your website)
Old 10-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Crap..Same error..I DLed it right from the link that say its corrected for windows.Not from the top.(on your website)
For some strange reason, my router gets hung up when it sends files out- and freezes. I am going to change routers ( I have a spare one) see if it gets better.

EDIT;
I swapped routers - hopefully it works better now.

Last edited by Angelox; 10-23-2006 at 02:27 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

I dont think the file was changed..I get the same error. Anyway I have the DB from Aposhis Project but I dont know if that works for Dev binaries?
It was a Dark Rogue Productions Server and I know back at 6.2 version they were different. I know virtually nothing beyond 6.2 after that things got changed in a hurry! I couldnt keep up.
Anyway. Why not upload a sourced Database that you know works for the new Linux tutorial?(please) If it were in .tar.gz format it would make it really easy for me to use it. Or it can be .rar and I can use windows to decompress
Or if some one else has something they know will work Im interested in anything that will get me away from having to do it myself from the Luclin RC1 DB!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
I just went out and bought a new router - the router I had has an "overheat and crash " bug - I hope I'm over this problem.

Dr Zauis; can you tell me what version MySQL you are using? I'm trying to find the "why" of this error - That second post I made on my web (for windows), was tested and even played on a Windows XP, MySQL 4 database - I can't see why it still would do this. There's someone else with this very same problem.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
I dont think the file was changed..I get the same error. Anyway I have the DB from Aposhis Project but I dont know if that works for Dev binaries?
It was a Dark Rogue Productions Server and I know back at 6.2 version they were different. I know virtually nothing beyond 6.2 after that things got changed in a hurry! I couldnt keep up.
Anyway. Why not upload a sourced Database that you know works for the new Linux tutorial?(please) If it were in .tar.gz format it would make it really easy for me to use it. Or it can be .rar and I can use windows to decompress
Or if some one else has something they know will work Im interested in anything that will get me away from having to do it myself from the Luclin RC1 DB!
I was just told that this error comes from MySql DB with versions lower than 4.1

Code:
Time to upgrade!