Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Neoburn
Fire Beetle

Default Digging a hole or simple solution?

Alright....awhile back I finally got my eqemulator to work which was quite a accomplishment for me considering it took awhile for me to do.

Now I have other goals in mind.

Before I had a standard installation of xp pro running eqemulator, using mysql running the eq database.

Now what I would like to do and unsure on how to do this is: My server now is operating with Windows Server 2003. I would like to host multiple webpages, run php boards, and run eqemulator, all on the same IP addy.

Now, I know webpage hosting and php boards are items I must look else where for information on but my priority is of course making sure eqemulator works out of all things I'm trying to accomplish. I know that php boards, in order for it to work requires it's own database, mysql is suggested. Eqemulator also uses mysql, can mysql handle both databases at the same time? If so, how?

Webhosting is another issue which if someone is able to give me a few pointers via PM, please message me. I would appreciate it.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 AM
techguy84
Discordant

All very good questions there. If your planning on doing all that you just said, with the php and mysql, I would suggest (although frowned upon) using a package like WAMP or XAMP as they include apache, php5 and mysql 5 all wrap together. Just install and you have a working web server with php functions and the latest mysql.

The only catch is that, at least with WAMP, you will not have a root password installed by default for MySQL. The Emu requires this so you must make some changes using phpMyAdmin(included) then go back in and fix the phpMyadmin config files to allow it to connect using a password.

You then can proceed with setting up your emulator just like normal bypassing all the installation steps of mysql. Once you got it done, just open and forward all ports that your going to use, 5999,5998,7000-7100,80,8080 ect....

I can help more if need be just PM me. I would say do alot of homework first so you know what your really getting into, as it can be alot.