Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Runeblade
Sarnak

Default Different Gaming Comcept

>< Yes, I spelt Concept wrong lol. Ive been up a whole day lol

I started to think of some cool things to experiment with my server and its pretty close to mmorpg "RS Online". I was thinking about adding gun models into the game and editing the arrow model to look like bullets or lasers coming out.

For now you could restrict stacks of bullets or energy storage of beam type weapons to 20 and set a delay on the weapon to like 1 for a machine gun or a 20 for high-powered one shot blasts.

Then in some zones up on a high platform you could hail and Npc and say like, "I need a lift", which would spawn 2 npcs. One would be a shift directing parallel with the platform and would be set to follow the npc or attack the npc (give it 1hp) just to get it to the platform, then the npc would either die or be despawned.

Then you could walk into an entrance and with the command "Take off" while targetting the ship, it would curve around some waypoints taking u to whichever zone its supposed to. Maybe saying "A-town" will curve to the right and go to the north side of the zone or "B-town" will curve to the left and go to the south side of the zone.

So you would have custom range weapons that could shoot cool looking lasers around or maybe even a beam bow type weapon like in RF online or other games, and dropships to take you to zonelines or back to a city with some carefull programing.

Oh yea, if grew on this concept, I would change the sword models into beamswords to be more realistic.

Whats your thoughts on this? Its not perfect but it could be a fun alternative to try out.
*Going to sleep on it and think about adding a 100% proc to add more effect of weapon-projectile contact*

Last edited by Runeblade; 08-07-2007 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Spelling error-adding more thought
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runeblade View Post
>< Yes, I spelt Concept wrong lol. Ive been up a whole day lol

I started to think of some cool things to experiment with my server and its pretty close to mmorpg "RS Online". I was thinking about adding gun models into the game and editing the arrow model to look like bullets or lasers coming out.

For now you could restrict stacks of bullets or energy storage of beam type weapons to 20 and set a delay on the weapon to like 1 for a machine gun or a 20 for high-powered one shot blasts.

Then in some zones up on a high platform you could hail and Npc and say like, "I need a lift", which would spawn 2 npcs. One would be a shift directing parallel with the platform and would be set to follow the npc or attack the npc (give it 1hp) just to get it to the platform, then the npc would either die or be despawned.

Then you could walk into an entrance and with the command "Take off" while targetting the ship, it would curve around some waypoints taking u to whichever zone its supposed to. Maybe saying "A-town" will curve to the right and go to the north side of the zone or "B-town" will curve to the left and go to the south side of the zone.

So you would have custom range weapons that could shoot cool looking lasers around or maybe even a beam bow type weapon like in RF online or other games, and dropships to take you to zonelines or back to a city with some carefull programing.

Oh yea, if grew on this concept, I would change the sword models into beamswords to be more realistic.

Whats your thoughts on this? Its not perfect but it could be a fun alternative to try out.
*Going to sleep on it and think about adding a 100% proc to add more effect of weapon-projectile contact*
You could definately do all of this in openzone modeling and have a player wield it.

An NPC could beam you up, or down, with perl.

Spell procs could be used on bows for charged weapons (IE: creating custom spells.)

Whether someone puts it to work is another story

One of these days i'm going to use the offline bot mode and make an offline playable Final Fantasy 7 in the EQ engine ;p
Old 08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Wizzel
Sarnak

This all seems possible with the client Windcatcher is developing although I'm not sure exactly why you would want to do any of this.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runeblade
I would change the sword models into beamswords to be more realistic.
Thanks for this; it made me giggle.

Lieka

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)