Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2008, 12:44 AM
unknownhost
Sarnak

seeing conflicting info on how the level range is figured.

i can assure everyone wihout doubt that right now on live (and as far back as two years ago for SURE) ldons calculate dungeon npc levels based on average group level definately NOT the first person to zone in. i routinely 4 boxed ldons very often on live progression server (as of two months ago my characters are 10th in MM catacombs rankings & somthing like 80th overall rankings). there DID seem to be "tiers" you would hit based on that average level however. like for prime example once all of my characters broke lvl60 the mobs took a huge jump in difficulty and it became extremely difficult to three box before the timer expired and then ONLY collection missions were even remotely doable. It was when i first discovered this that i added my fourth box to compensate. ALSO! you may enter a LDON as long as your group is with in 10 levels of each other, highest to lowest. as my fourth box came closer and closer to my other characters levels i watched the npcs very slowly get stronger, then as soon as that fourth box broke 60 BOOM the npc's hit that next "tier" and levels jumped noticably again. however 4 boxing these was very repetative and LDONs at this point typically took 30mins to complete collection missions. again, the other mission types all take significantly longer and while "possibly doable" are definately more targeted for multiple players.

common mobs drop almost nothing. still find newbie items like spider silk, mummy bandages etc on many of them. (odd note things like spider silk barely exist on live now as the tradeskills have been completely redone and the items required drop off ANY mob in the game now by level. ( varying quality pelts,ores,etc). only about 25-50% of the mobs in MMcats even dropped coinage. all common mobs seemed to have a chance to drop "plat items". which were usless weird little items (like bloody mummy wrappings, idols, bone segments,etc,etc weirdness) that often sold for 10-20plat.

Named mobs were rare, i never cleared the zones but even just hacking through i would finda named about 1 out of 3 dungeons. i strongly suspect had i cleared the entire dungeon there would have been at least one named mob in every dungeon.

many times i would get multiples of the same items per level range even off completely different named mobs.

got good bit more LDON knowledge but i gotta get back to work before somone releazies im gone.