Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Cfuson001
Fire Beetle

Default New guy looking for a home

Heya guys i have been playing THF alot (over 8 months on that server) and i have basically done everything it has to offer. I am looking for a new server and im going to list what i seek in a server and u let me know if there is one like that.

MUST HAVE:
NO BOTS/BOX ACCOUNT (this kills a server for me when 1 guy can solo the whole server)
EXP 2x or better (cant handle EQ live exp anymore unless u get a bunch of items to make lvling easier)
Custom Bosses (not really needed but its always good to have)
/Global OOC (again i like to chat while i play)
Epics 1.0 and better (free/normal or custom epic quests)
Server that i can play longer then a year and wont be able to do everything.

Well thx guys.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Sounds like World of Warcraft. hehe :p
Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Id say try Trevius's Shadowhaven Server.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Cfuson001
Fire Beetle

Found a good server now its called SoA and its a green server. Actually really fun and alot of people dont box.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Did i miss the irony tags? You realize that SoA is basically dead? I suggest you read their forums before you attach yourself too much to that server.

Don't get me wrong - i understand people need and will change servers for a a different taste or style.I used to play on SOA myself at one point (maybe 2 years ago?) But moving there now?

I'd try Stormhaven or actually PEQ.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 PM
EQ1999
Fire Beetle

It really bothered me to see your post here Cfuson. I had played on SoA since 2008 and left early this year to play on THF. At first SoA was a great server and had alot of GM support with events and such and the content seemed great. Somewhere in 2009 the wheels fell off as far as GM support, even the end game content was thrown together and not worth anyones time or effort.
As far as THF goes, they have released thier newest tier, i believe 7th? And have another tier maybe going live later this month. At the same time they are also opening up more zones for new players and also working on more solo content.
Look at Scars of Amerous website on the forums and you will see the lack of GM support just by reading a few posts.
I really wonder why SoA is even on the green server list. It seems to me that EQtitan should deserve that spot.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
blmille2
Sarnak

Exclamation I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQ1999 View Post
It really bothered me to see your post here Cfuson. I had played on SoA since 2008 and left early this year to play on THF. At first SoA was a great server and had alot of GM support with events and such and the content seemed great. Somewhere in 2009 the wheels fell off as far as GM support, even the end game content was thrown together and not worth anyones time or effort.
As far as THF goes, they have released thier newest tier, i believe 7th? And have another tier maybe going live later this month. At the same time they are also opening up more zones for new players and also working on more solo content.
Look at Scars of Amerous website on the forums and you will see the lack of GM support just by reading a few posts.
I really wonder why SoA is even on the green server list. It seems to me that EQtitan should deserve that spot.
EQTitan deserves to be on the preferred list.