Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:06 AM
emho24
Fire Beetle

Default New character start zone problem

I cant seem to set the new character start zone, I could use some assistance. Originally all my newly created characters would zone into the mines of gloomingdeep, and after a hundred different attempts to change it to shadowrest, now they all go to cresentreach. I'd like all new characters to go to shadowrest (187) no matter what.

I've tried using the table 'variables' by setting the varname 'startzone' and the value 'shadowrest' and even '187' with no luck. I guess this way is deprecated according to http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Changin...Zones&frm=Main

Next I've tried creating entries in 'rule_values' table for ruleset_id's 1 and 10 (1=default and 10=EQEmu_Default) with no luck.
1 World:TitaniumStartZoneID 187
1 World:SofStartZoneID 187
10 World:TitaniumStartZoneID 187
10 World:SofStartZoneID 187

Lastly I've modified the entire 'start_zones' table by changing both columns 'zone_id' and 'start_zone' to 187 but still all new characters now go to crescent.

What am I missing?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:56 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

What client? There's some hard coded stuff that handles sending players to CR for old clients I believe it is.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:46 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

There is two places to change the starting zones for players.
One is the start_zones table and the character_create_combinations.(there is a start_zone
value in there)
This location will also show up on player choices when creating.
I just tried this out with a dark elf warrior. I got to choose shadowrest and thats where he
landed upon creation. (With UF client)
Old 06-10-2016, 06:49 PM
emho24
Fire Beetle

Thanks, character_create_combinations is the table I was missing (wiki didnt mention that one).