Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Default MySQL version 5.6 ok?

I set up a server on my workstation and have it all working just fine but I want to set up on a different machine in my network. The server home maching already has MySQL 5.6 (I think - not at home now) installed and in use. Will Eqemu work ok with 5.6? The new machine won't be used for compiling, only for running the server.

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:20 AM
sorvani
Dragon

No, out of the box 5.6 will not work. The default install does not set things up right. I never bothered to go back and find the right settings.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:09 PM
joligario
Developer

I'm using MySQL 5.6.16 packaged with XAMPP and it works fine. As sorvani said, that is not out of the box specifically, but the version will work.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I'd recommend using MariaDB10.0, I have yet to write up my Wiki articles explaining a bunch of server things but I have the EZ Server now running on MariaDB10.0 x64. Big performance boosts especially if you configure your my.ini correctly.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:06 AM
vsab
Discordant

Just looked up MariaDB and I must admit it made me do a little sex-wee. I will check it out too
Old 05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
I'm using MySQL 5.6.16 packaged with XAMPP and it works fine. As sorvani said, that is not out of the box specifically, but the version will work.
I would assume that the XAMPP devs setup MySQL to match prior versions. In the default install of a clean MySQL 5.6 the advanced options no longer pop up for a number of settings that we setup. Again, it is simply a configuration issue I never bothered to look at.

This is why I never cared about 5.6. I am planning to go this route next time I install from scratch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I'd recommend using MariaDB10.0, I have yet to write up my Wiki articles explaining a bunch of server things but I have the EZ Server now running on MariaDB10.0 x64. Big performance boosts especially if you configure your my.ini correctly.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:13 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
I would assume that the XAMPP devs setup MySQL to match prior versions. In the default install of a clean MySQL 5.6 the advanced options no longer pop up for a number of settings that we setup. Again, it is simply a configuration issue I never bothered to look at.

This is why I never cared about 5.6. I am planning to go this route next time I install from scratch.
I have a tweaked version of XAMPP 1.8.2 that I modded some versions to match the old EQemu guide requirements made mention of.

XAMPP 1.8.2 (username = root/password = admin) - I recommended you change the password at the very least which is easy to do from control panel>>apache>>admin>>security.

Here's what's included.
XAMPP Control Panel v3.2.1
phpMyAdmin 4.0.8
PHP 5.4.19
Apache 2.4.4.0
MySQL 5.5.32
Perl Version 5.12.3

For me it's been working great it's simple and easy to use and it's a portable XAMPP installation! Just unzip the XAMPP folder to C:\ so it reads C:\xampp then just open the control panel and check apache and mysql services then use the admin panel to either.

If someone would like to try it here it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y...it?usp=sharing