Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Kirgothi
Sarnak

Very nice Klinzhai! I will have to give this a try.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Kirgothi
Sarnak

When I try to type in the IO::Scalar command, it says it can't the method IO in the Scalar package. Also when I typed in perl -MCPAN -e shell it did NOT ask about autoconfig, it asked about manual config.

Also, I went on ahead in the hopes that this will work. When trying to use MySqlcc, where is this "user adminstration" you want us to right click? I can't find it anywhere on the screen or in the menus.

Last edited by Kirgothi; 04-23-2006 at 04:47 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 09:54 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

Sorry... was watching a movie with my wife... just an FYI: Brokeback Mountain, while acclaimed by many, lacks good storytelling and while many good tragic love stories will leave you wanting to cry, BB Mtn leaves you going "There was nothing special about that movie..." Save your time and don't see it if you haven't already.

When you go into MySQLCC, you'll see your connection name (localhost if you named it that), then underneath there you'll see the 'Databases' container, 'Server Administration' container and 'User Administration' container. You can also simply select it and then click on the 'New User' button (looks like a head with a little spark at the crown). If you create the 'eq' user before you run the install, it will automatically grant the rights on the db. Otherwise, you can go into the properties for the 'eq' user, select (checkbox) on the 'eq' database, then choose 'All Privileges' on the left-hand side.

Sorry about the autoconfig/manual miscommunication, I was going by someone else's notes about that (from the 6.4 install guide I think) and apparently forgot that it was manual that it asked about (just checked the instructions and it does say manual).
Old 04-23-2006, 10:40 AM
drunkgoblin
Fire Beetle

"By george he's got it!" Now titanium edition works with minilogin. And rather than reinstalling everything all you have to do is add the minilogin logintype entry ( update variables set value = 'minilogin' where varname='LoginType'; ) and the account info. works for logging in from the same comp and logging in from a dif comp, or more than one dif comp at the same time. Good work klinzhai and thank you!

P.S. might I suggest downloading a trial of Navicat from http://www.navicat.com/ for database editting, works great.

Last edited by drunkgoblin; 04-23-2006 at 06:42 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 02:48 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

Thanks.

I figured that the 1 database command *might* do it. It's possible that something else might be causing the whole issue for a particular user, so it's better to be safe and start a bit more 'fresh', as it were and eliminate any other potential issues.

I think that there are still issues with quests, but think that's related to perl and when I get that worked out, I'll add in those changes and maybe they'll add it into the Wiki, so that we're not all running around blind (like I think we all are right now ).

Last edited by klinzhai; 04-23-2006 at 10:51 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

The perl and MySQL sections should be reversed if you're having problems. Also, if you're having problems (lots of errors) in the perl section, go to:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...owsServerGuide

Follow the directions there for Perl installation. Some computers seem to work with that, while others work with what I outlined in the instructions earlier. Not completely sure why yet and it's way too late and I'm otherwise busy, so I can't run through and find out why right now.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
BFC
Fire Beetle

Default Close

Howdy,

I've been struggling to get a 7.0 server up a running for most of this week. I've tried several different install methods including the one you post one page back.

All methods result in the same thing eventually. When a client logs in and selects the server to play on, in the server window an error pops up.

"Unknown Packet: .4455296 [16.64.89.0:16->0.0.0.0:0]
[OpCode 0x0003 ,OP_Unknkown. Size=11]
00000: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00"

I can't connect local or have someone outside connect either. Results are the same in either case. I am able to get onto any of the public servers without any issues with my client and so can my external person helping me test.

We have tried 7.0 clients, 6.2 clients.
We have tried 7.0 server
We have tried 6.6 server

I really don't have a good idea on what to try from here. Any suggestions?

-BFC
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

We need more information on your install for help you.

1- have you use the Drp installer (cavedude).
2- can you produce some config files (xml) or more complete log files.
3 - Have you success to see your server in server list ?
4 - are you behind a router and if yes , have you forward the zone port ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:36 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

1- Yes, used Cavedude's 3.5 and 3.52 installers. Same result with either

2- I can produce XML files, but would be later as i'm away from the server location at the moment. However, these seem in order

3- Server will appear in list after logging in like it should and like it does when connecting to public servers.

4- Server is behind a D-Link router and the server machine is set as the DMZ.

As for changing IP addresses in the config files and xml files, this has no impact on the opcode error. If the config files are setup to use 127.0.0.1 or Localhost or the IP the router assigns to the server which is 192.168.blah.blah it doesn't change the error. What happens if the config files are not setup right is the client will not get past the login process and will never see a server select window.

I appreciate the help,

-BFC
Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Opcode error are useless (except for devs)
I don't think it was about your server don't work.
Perhaps a config files, perhaps no, i just try to understand
for help you
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:17 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

I found the solution,

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...355#post120355

-BFC