Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Edgar, any chance MiniLogin 6 will be OpenSource?
Probably not.
Hmm. Alright, then what about this: Just out of curiousity, is it possible to edit/create "green" and "yellow" servers?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Do you want it to display the server as yellow or green? Its a simple one byte change in the code that I can make if you guys want it that way. I'll make a poll in the forum and change it to whichever one wins.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Just downloaded those binaries and ran them but I won't be able to test this for you until I can actually get into the game now. I've posted my zone problems in the bugs forum. After those get resolved I'll test MiniLogin, but until then, there's not much point.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

I fixed the problem.. my goddamn IP addres is 192.168.1.103 not 192.168.1.3... I must have had something else wrong and started over and typed it in wrong ARGH!! Now I just need to solve my zone problem that I posted and I'll actually be playable again on .0.6.0.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:07 AM
mrea
Discordant

I'm having status problems. No matter what I set my accounts status to I cannot do anything. None of the commands will work (only wanted to use minilogin for spawning, etc).

Old 10-17-2004, 04:27 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
I'm having status problems. No matter what I set my accounts status to I cannot do anything. None of the commands will work (only wanted to use minilogin for spawning, etc).
Out of game:

Code:
update account set status=250 where name='edgar1898';
(replace edgar1898 with your account name)
Make sure that your account name matches the one that world is saying is logging in.

In game:

type #flag
Old 10-17-2004, 06:16 AM
mrea
Discordant

Thats not it. I open up MySQL-Front and when I look at all my accounts (ones created solely for minilogin) they all have the status of 250 which they would get by setting up minilogin the way you explained earlier. It's not really necessary for me as I'm on a cable connection and don't require minilogin when I can just lock the server, buts its nice Anyways, thanks for releasing this

Old 10-17-2004, 08:45 AM
finwe
Sarnak

Then if someone who has variable ip want to play using my minilogin??? he cant??? is there anyway to desactivate the ip check???

tks
Old 10-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Minilogin is designed for LAN-login only. Thus, you can make your computers on a static local IP. If its just you, you can use 127.0.0.1
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:28 AM
finwe
Sarnak

it will be openSource code???

tks awesome job
Old 10-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finwe
it will be openSource code???
Where did you get that from? I have no plans on releasing it as open source.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Bladees1739
Fire Beetle

This is a stupid question i know but is this compatible with Live. Unless they patched again. Sorry wasnt really paying attention at what i typed.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladees1739
This is a stupid question i know but this is compatible with Live. Unless they patched again.
Wheres the question in that?
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer

I made a new version that provides a little more debug info that should help you guys. In the console window of minilogin, it displays the ip address of the person that connected to it. Now you dont have to guess, just copy that ip and paste it into your account table, change the variable in the variables table and your done.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:45 PM
finwe
Sarnak

then, if minilogin only take care of ip when someone trying to login... ...how can someone have more than 1 account in the same machine? And is it possible in a future relase that minilogin update automatally the ip of the account when someone try to connect?? in this way you will can connect from any pc in the LAN to any account without makin any update in the database...

Tk you, great work.
Closed Thread