Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 PM
jieseng
Fire Beetle

Default it works!!

thank you, johane. I hadn't set the db to eq... my oversight.

Now if I can just figure out how to make combat work... I am able to target mobs and npcs, but i can't attack or con them. I put the maps.tar.gz in the eqemy/maps directory, but I don't know if I need to unzip it or something. I've never seen a .gz file before. Any help would be appreciated. Also, whne I zoned into nektulos forest, I ended up in this unfamiliar place with a bunch of tree stumps and a river (with no way to zone out....)

Help please?

Thank you kindly!!!

Jieseng
Old 12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jieseng

Now if I can just figure out how to make combat work... I am able to target mobs and npcs, but i can't attack or con them. I put the maps.tar.gz in the eqemy/maps directory, but I don't know if I need to unzip it or something. I've never seen a .gz file before. Any help would be appreciated. Also, whne I zoned into nektulos forest, I ended up in this unfamiliar place with a bunch of tree stumps and a river (with no way to zone out....)

Help please?

Thank you kindly!!!

Jieseng
Yes, it needs to be unpacked.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:23 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Please keep this thread on-topic. Any issues you come upon are only relevant to minilogin if you actually have problems logging on, or in some cases, selecting a server. Once you've hit the character select screen, you are definitely beyond minilogin's realm of responsibility, and any issues you encounter from there forward need to be addressed in the appropriate forums.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:49 AM
jumbodogs
Fire Beetle

Default can't get past logging into server

I start minilogin, world, then boot5zones wait til it says sleeping then start eq with the patchme but after I type in username and password it just says logging into server.

My minilogin window on the top shows 1server,1client and this is in the window

LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading opcodes..
Server mode: MiniLogin
Login server listening on port:5999
28829 New Server connection: 127.0.0.1 port: 43268
492079 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 1207

thanks for any help I can get
Old 12-30-2005, 05:28 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

make sure to set logintype to minilogin under variables in MYSql , also make sure you have your name and ip of the puter you are trying to connect to the server with in the MiniloginAccounts.ini file

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-30-2005, 06:47 AM
jumbodogs
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
make sure to set logintype to minilogin under variables in MYSql , also make sure you have your name and ip of the puter you are trying to connect to the server with in the MiniloginAccounts.ini file
INSERT INTO VARIABLES (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server ');

ALTER TABLE account ADD minilogin_ip varchar(32) NOT NULL;

Is this what you mean by setting logintype if so I did that and miniloginaccounts.ini is that loginserver.ini?
Here is what my loginserver.ini looks like:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=jumbolands
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
ChatChannelServer=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=minilogin
ServerPort=5999

Thanks for the help on this

Last edited by jumbodogs; 12-30-2005 at 02:49 PM..
Old 12-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

you should also have an ini file in your EQEMU folder that says MiniloginAccounts and inside there it should look something like this

# Max 200 lines total (including comments and blank lines)
# Blank lines may mess up the line # reported in error messages
127.0.0.1 jumbodogs password

replace ip with whatever the ip is of the machine your playing with and whatever username and password you want. it does not use the password though but its got to be there , It goes by your IP instead

Oh and one more thing , You have got to add the minilogin IP of the playing machine into the minilogin_ip field in accounts

I use MYSqlfront to work on my database so im not sure of the exact way to enter that in but something like: UPDATE account SET minilogin_ip=127.0.0.1 WHERE minilogin_ip=

may want to get that checked by someone tha knows for sure.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 12-30-2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old 12-31-2005, 03:19 AM
jumbodogs
Fire Beetle

I tried switching minilogin exe from 6.2 to 6.1 and now I can get to the server select screen but after I select my server EQ locks up and I get an OP_SendloginInfo error

Here is what comes up in the world.exe:
[Error] Expecting OP_SendLoginInfo, got 0

Last edited by jumbodogs; 12-31-2005 at 11:31 AM..
Old 02-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Legna
Fire Beetle

Hello,

I have the same problem about "OP_SendLoginInfo". I know my eq version is too recent, but is there an ETA on the new eqemu version able to support the current live ?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2006, 01:55 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

There are talks about making the emulator compatible with EQ Titamium(sp) CD Set that is out but nothing solid on that.

There are some servers out there that are providing the backpatch but finding them is going to be the fun part. It can be done though.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaus
There are talks about making the emulator compatible with EQ Titamium(sp) CD Set that is out but nothing solid on that.

There are some servers out there that are providing the backpatch but finding them is going to be the fun part. It can be done though.
Be carefull, speak about that is forbidden by Forum's rules even if you don't provide any links :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Legna
Fire Beetle

Thanks for your infos TheClaus.

Et merci Belfedia (j'aime beaucoup ta signature :p )
Old 03-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Takeru
Fire Beetle

Forgive the noobish-ness of this post but I am a complete newb when it comes to using mysql or any server crap for that matter. I am having trouble setting up a server. Everytime I go through the wizard on the start servise check it says could not start the service MySQL. Error: 0. Anyone know what's up w/ this? Also, when I make the server, how do I connect to it? It did it once and I got the command prompt up but it said not connected when I tried to run the commands you said. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

~Tak
Old 03-12-2006, 12:57 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Support issues need to be posted on their own threads please. Also, they really don't belong here but rather in either General Support or Support:Windows Servers if you're having general trouble starting a server.

Closing it to further replies.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.

Last edited by RangerDown; 03-12-2006 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Woops. It wasn't sticky to begin with.
Closed Thread