Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Well I can say reliably I have never, ever seen or had it reported back on my servers when the clients are Underfoot.

My first report ever on this problem was last night and that was a player saying one used SoF and the other Titanium.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:58 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Well I can say reliably I have never, ever seen or had it reported back on my servers when the clients are Underfoot.

My first report ever on this problem was last night and that was a player saying one used SoF and the other Titanium.
Haven't seen this problem either since moving to UF.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Uleat
Developer

Let's take this back over to: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39417

..since it's been identified as a base server code issue and not a problem singularly inherent to the repack.

This will make auditing the forums a little easier when it comes to researching the issue.

If the previously compiled repack didn't exhibit this behavior, it should give us a window for when the problem started.

Good point!

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-13-2015, 01:26 PM
RussellMatt27
Fire Beetle

Very good, thanks sir! I couldn't find that thread initially as I just didn't know how to search apparently.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:33 AM
darcreign
Fire Beetle

Default How do you uninstall this repack

i installed this like an idiot on my main machine cant get it to run and when i try unistalling it doesnt work can i get some help you should include an uninstaller in the next repack pls help!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:49 AM
darcreign
Fire Beetle

Default Uninstalling help

i cant get it to work i have the same thing as george but i dont have the uf or rof client only client i have is retail from daybreak but like an idiot listening to a friend i installed it without using a virtual machine is there anyway i can get some help uninstalling it?
Old 01-10-2016, 04:00 AM
nuceman2
Fire Beetle

Hello, thanks for your work on this. Is this still working with Windows XP x64? I installed it per your instructions and I get a lot of errors saying they're not valid win32 applications.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:01 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuceman2 View Post
Hello, thanks for your work on this. Is this still working with Windows XP x64? I installed it per your instructions and I get a lot of errors saying they're not valid win32 applications.
I would not recommend the use of Windows XP
Old 01-10-2016, 04:09 AM
nuceman2
Fire Beetle

Ah, thanks for your quick response. Guess that was a bad idea to try it. Thought is strange that anything would run fine on XP x64
Old 01-10-2016, 05:53 AM
nuceman2
Fire Beetle

Do you happen to remember what you compiled the binaries with? I think it just needs some redist packages.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

I just the port to 5999 and the server wont show up in the login server, whats the port? all ports are forwarded.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Lynchzor
Fire Beetle

Not really sure if this repack is still supported, but I'm encountering issues not being able to connect to the database. I have previously set up a local server using http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main . But my ISP doesnt allow hosting servers so I'm setting this up remote and thought that http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836 would be a great way to do it, so I installed, rebooted and when I run the server it cant connect to the DB. My first install made sense with XAMPP providing the sql service, but how does mariadb work? I'm assuming the service isnt running and kinda confused as how it's suppose to work.

http://imgur.com/kPnokPj
Old 04-13-2016, 09:11 AM
fault
Hill Giant

Sorry not sure how i got on this thead haha
Old 04-17-2016, 03:28 AM
exidore
Fire Beetle

This is a resounding success for me. I am riding a perpetual high from the giddy feeling of achievement. Thanks all around. My biggest obstacle arose from attempting to log in using an invalid eq client build. Once I tested that and failing to log into other's servers I was golden.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:29 AM
Yoosung
Fire Beetle

Does this support Windows X?