Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:20 AM
ibcrazguy
Fire Beetle

Fun server to play on. Helpful GM's that take an interest in your gameplay and want to know what you like and dislike. Growing community, everyday more and more joining up for the fun. Try it out see for yourself!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:37 PM
Lyzard
Fire Beetle

I've played on EQemu for years, searching for the perfect server... turns out I was searching for Blood and Rank! GM's always about and striving to help players new and old. Events Everyday!!

Other players are friendly and helpful, together creating the best atmosphere I've ever found.

Don't take my word for it though, come see for yourselves!

-Jurell, Halfling Ranger
Old 12-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Surfferbird
Fire Beetle

Default Best time in EQ in a LONG time

I honestly love this server so far. The GM's make all the difference. I came to this server to enjoy some old school EQ and was surprised by how much work the GM's are willing to put in. The GM events are almost nightly and they are a great time. We currently have a storyboard of GM events that are ongoing and the developing story is just another interesting part of playing on this server.

Please come join us and ports are always free from my wizard, Fynnius.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:32 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

What a breath of fresh air.

Due to RL constraints, P99 just is not viable as it used to be from a casual player point of view, with kids, wife etc.

Blood and Rank has a nice XP bonus which really softens the blow, very active staff who often pop out of nowhere and buff you, and such a wonderful community.

Leo the Gold adds another dimension to the server too, giving you prizes for each coin you gain, 1 from just starting out!

GM events are fun, and everyone is allowed to get involved, be it a level 1 with a rusty bastard sword, or a 60 completely stacked in gear, everyone is equal.

a new place to call my 'EQ home' Long live this absolutely brilliant server!

Cyanide/Vulcan
Old 01-04-2016, 03:01 AM
scottsaysmoo
Fire Beetle

Default Quality Reads

Look at these reviews! I'm going to think of something fun to do tomorrow for all the great players who show up and make the effort worthwhile.

-Omega
Old 01-05-2016, 04:51 PM
pyrotec84
Fire Beetle

started about a week ago, can't stop playing. Alot of GM events and friendly folks to play with trying to get some friends to come over and try it out. all i can say is give it a try and you'll be glad you did! ~Pyrotec~ Ogre-Warrior
Old 01-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Default Blood and Rank LEGENDS server (Kunark era) is having a big event!

Blood and Rank is having a big event! The Travelers Faire is a "persistent" GM event that stays open and active for 7-14 days at a time. In addition the Faire only visits once every other month.

Each time the faire visits players will have the opportunity to participate in epic-style quests, contests, and more; with additional content added each visit.

www.bloodandrank.com

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=2549

We are a relatively new EQEmu server (two months old) which attempts to mimic the 2002-2003 LEGENDS server. For those who don't know what that was: It was a special server which cost far more to play on than other live eq servers because there was constant GM interaction. GM events, help with all kinds of things, etc. Now that the server is long gone we wanted to recreate that environment free to play for all!

Our server has 2 devs and 3 gm's with 1 guide to help out. We are averaging 8 gm events per week and we retain almost every player that comes to join us! We care for our members and encourage them to have fun! Here's some more info from our website:

Blood and Rank is an Everquest server set in the Kunark era with a custom Legends ruleset. We have a tight-knit community of seasoned EQ veterans heading up our staff, and we are striving to make this a premier place to play. Come and see what B&R has to offer!

Our simple Rules:
1.) No Hacking/Use of third party programs.
2.) No boxing, one account per person actively playing.
3.) Respect the staff. These guys are volunteers after all.

WHO ARE WE?

We are a group of friends who wanted an Everquest experience reminiscent of the old LEGENDS (Stormhammer) server. We feel this experience should be fun for all and this means that we don't give items to donators, we don't clutter you up with rules; and we aim to provide a place to play that is fun above all else!

WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?

We strive to keep a "common sense" environment. We don't feel that a player should have to slow down and read rules every time they want to get something done. If you feel like what you are about to do would be wrong/illegal; just don't do it. We trust our members to do the right thing.

THE SERVER

We run an EQ Emulator system utilizing the current PEQ database and a Legends Ruleset. This means that exp is a little higher, damage is a little better, and above all else you will have the opportunity to participate in daily events to further your character. For the most part playing on this server will feel like a Kunark-era EQ experience with heavy Gm community involvement.

We offer an exp boost for both Solo and Group play that feels appropriate for the situation without allowing players to zip through content. We offer the ability to once-per-day flag yourself for PVP. PVP is dangerous as a player killer could loot one item from your corpse.

Other unique features include a special NPC in each town to enable/disable PVP once per day. We also have an NPC in town that exchanges special coins given out at gm events for fantastic randomized loot!

Come get started today, see why those who come here, stay here!
Old 01-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Andercross
Fire Beetle

I've been playing here for several weeks and have had a blast. I've been on Emu for years and this is one of the nicest player communities in terms of getting folks started.

Also, the GM events are great. When I started I figured maybe 1-2 a week, mostly on the weekends and was happily surprised. Not only are they almost daily (and the new traveler's fair being a huge one that had to have taken quite a bit of time), they also make a point to include not only the 50+ folks but all folks.

With how involved the GMs are in terms of helping out players and the use of the Portkey (item that GMs can activate to allow players to port to GM event) it's great! And if you're worried about custom stuff ruining an OG feel - don't worry. The Portkey is only turned on during events and has no impact on the game outside of that.
If you're on Emu or looking to start, definitely check Blood and Rank out. It's been one of my favorite Emu experiences over the years.

And thanks to all the GMs - Velzira, Tearinall, Omega, Kraack, Vader, and Franek for all the fun so far.

If you do start and need a port or a bit of info, please let me know.

-Funk
Old 01-23-2016, 06:04 PM
cilution0
Fire Beetle

Also started playing on this server recently, and I'm enjoying it. It has been a little difficult to level at times due to not many people wanting to play healing classes, but to be honest, the out of combat hp/mana regeneration is awesome and helps make up for that.

I love the coin system. Everyone seems to gets something for participating in events--it doesn't matter what level you are. GM event loot is nice, but not too overpowering. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they do!

Cringe, 30 enchanter
Old 01-23-2016, 06:53 PM
phorest
Sarnak

I played there a bit.
I posted on their forums when I started having a few problems due to server status issues. While they were nice about it. When i continued to have problems and told them all thanks but no thanks i was going to move on things got salty really quick.

I'd stay away.

Go ahead. Get out the slings and arrows. Just posting my true experience on the blood and rank server.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorest View Post
I played there a bit.
I posted on their forums when I started having a few problems due to server status issues. While they were nice about it. When i continued to have problems and told them all thanks but no thanks i was going to move on things got salty really quick.

I'd stay away.

Go ahead. Get out the slings and arrows. Just posting my true experience on the blood and rank server.
No slings and arrows here I remember this, it was during the week that our server host area's ISP went down repeatedly and we had to migrate the server to a temporary home. You had issues and we did our very best to assist you; if this is what you are referring to: (http://bloodandrank.forumatic.com/vi...php?f=15&t=261). It seems you had a problem during our time of migration and 4 different staff memebrs replied that they were trying to fix your issues, they came to you and tried to help, not many servers have that dedication to helping a new player; i feel that this was just a miscommunication and a bad situation and I hope that you give us another chance to show you how much we value our players!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:07 PM
scottsaysmoo
Fire Beetle

Default Fun stuff.

Don't stay away, come check it out. I am consistently amazed at how awesome the player base is. I'm not going to mention any names, because there are too many to remember and I don't want to forget anyone, but it's enormously welcoming. If you encounter issues, they'll get worked out and it'll be made right. The events are frequent, and getting better all the time.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:18 PM
xcolbdoggx
Fire Beetle

Default Amazing Server

This is a great server! The GM staff is attentive, and actually on quite a bit unlike most servers. How many servers can you play on and do custom GM events daily, sometimes several times a day? None that I can think of, and everyone who goes walks away with something, even a level 1. When you start you get one coin of hero which you can turn in for a random prize, from a Fungi tunic to a manastone it will definitely keep you on your toes. All the players here are very helpful with gear, ports, buffs, and will definitely help you get started with some solid gear. The new quests for the travelers faire look exciting and challenging and the higher players are always willing to help out. I can see this server becoming a top server very soon and I highly recommend it. It is definitely not a cakewalk so don't expect to come here and get everything and be 60 in a week because you won't. All in all this is a very addictive server to play on and has the best GM's around. Highly recommend you come check it out.

Enferno
Bard 53
Old 01-24-2016, 01:43 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

Ok, I am gonna go ahead and pile on feel good train.

I started last night. It feels like a good mesh between old school EQ and current EQ.

Its up to kunark, but we have some quality of life improvements with the GM events and increased out of combat regen. This is not "sit down, full mana /hps" but its much faster than p99 etc.

Anyway, so I log in, ask for advice on a class to play. Everyone seemed really helpful, talkative, etc. I settled on shaman, before i logged out to create my shaman, someone whispered me and told me they had some shaman gear. Cool, then a GM came and buffed me to help me start out. Very cool.

This afternoon, a non-GM player, came and ported a few of us low level people to the same area, helped a bit with some gear, and got us all to group together. It was really quite fun to actually group with people.

If you're looking for a home, somewhat slow paced, fun server. You should definitely check this out.

Gremir
10 shaman
Old 01-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Surfferbird
Fire Beetle

Default Awesome Faire

I've already talked this server up before. I'm still loving it here and I hope anyone reading this will consider joining us! The Faire that is currently going on is awesome. Two really enjoyable epic quests, a chance to gamble for a level and a free exp buff. If you decide to sign up send me a tell in game.

Thanks,

Fynnius the Wikzard, 54 wizard
Closed Thread